Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Road Car Forums > Road Car Forum

Old 16 Feb 2007, 14:49 (Ref:1843192)   #26
Bluebottle
Veteran

United Kingdom
High Wycombe
Bluebottle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBluebottle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gridlock
.. the government say they listern to the public....
They do listen, I really believe that...
... in the same way that I listen to my kids demanding every toy they see advertised
Old 23 Feb 2007, 18:47 (Ref:1850029)   #27
dj choc ice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Liverpool
dj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
well i signed it on the day it ran out at 10 in the morning, when i signed it there was 1.72 million signatures.

persoanally im sick and tired of being taxed, i pay £100 road tax which is cheap but when your 17 its a lot, fuel again is a bloody fortune, im paying £1,650 insurance.

i cant afford anything else and to be honest i dont fancy using buses and trains for the rest of my life, after all i live near a notorious council estate and were do my familys taxes and everyone else's in the local area go?

impoving this council estate, then 3 weeks later its all trashed, and also all the doleys get a brand new £8,000 car bought for them, ofcourse they DO need to get around, they cant be bothered to work, give everyone around them hassle and most of them do drugs.

there are the genuine ones, but they work and therefore are actually worse off than the people on the dole, quite unfair in that respect.

as you have gathered i am rather opposed to this road taxation scheme, its going to cost a lot more money for me, i will be in debt, ill work my backside off and see little reward in my local area for it for the RIGHT people.
Old 24 Feb 2007, 12:30 (Ref:1850502)   #28
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Blair sent out an email to everyone who signed it this week....only just spotted it as went straight into junk folder.
Old 24 Feb 2007, 17:37 (Ref:1850641)   #29
dj choc ice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Liverpool
dj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
same here suze, i didnt exactly see any point in it, only trying to justify the tax and in quite poor fashion as well.

just seemed like a load of bull**** reasons to try and cover their arse's considering the labour party now has 1.7 million people disagreeing with them.
Old 24 Feb 2007, 23:27 (Ref:1850791)   #30
peteconnors
Racer

United Kingdom
Shropshire
peteconnors should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I signed the petition quite a while back, and thoroughly enjoyed watching the reaction of the gov't as it passed the 1 million mark and suddenly became headline news.
The gov't has to realise several things:
1. Over 2 million signed the petition. These were people that had the time and access to do so. I'm sure many more would sign given the opportunity.
2. Congestion happens because we all have to go to work. We don't drive at peak times for the pleasure of driving.
3. If there was an alternative, many of us would take it.
4. If the gov't survey reckons the boxes will cost £200, and the average monthly tax will be £94, then in reality the box will be close to £1,000 and the taxes £400. We all know that gov't estimates always spiral.

I hope that the gov't heeds the publics calls and scraps the idea, although when was the last time you heard of a politician getting into politics to help the masses, rather than for their own agenda? I guess the next step to showing our displeasure is to vote someone else in come the next election..
Old 26 Feb 2007, 15:12 (Ref:1852050)   #31
dj choc ice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Liverpool
well potentially when the general election comes up and this road pricing reform does come into force, labour will lose a huge chunk of voters.

based on the petition alone they could lose a good million votes and even more, fobbing off the working classes and giving to the 'deprived' or rather 'the scum' that steal, attack and dont have a job get all the help.

long have people were i live maintained that labour are looking after the wrong people in this country, time to start looking after the people that work and piling on more and more taxes, taking police officers off the street, giving shopping vouchers to junkies and smackheads for christ sake!!, and losing peadophiles left right and centre is getting beyond a joke.

if there was someone attractive politically speaking then i would go for someone who looks after working class people, not the scum and the crap of this country, its their fault they got there in the first place!!
Old 26 Feb 2007, 19:11 (Ref:1852207)   #32
Bluebottle
Veteran

United Kingdom
High Wycombe
Bluebottle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBluebottle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Please keep this at least road related! Your political rantings belong in Parc ferme really, whether I agree with them or not
Old 26 Feb 2007, 21:42 (Ref:1852318)   #33
dj choc ice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Liverpool
im sorry i just have a major bee in my bonnet the way things are at the moment, this whole road tax thing has got me in one big time.

but ive payed £1,650 for insurance which is by no means cheap, £2,000 for my car which i love and then tax and all that, if this road pricing comes in i will have to sell my car, and im not ready to watch £1,650 of my money on insurance go down the drain.
Old 26 Feb 2007, 23:17 (Ref:1852375)   #34
peteconnors
Racer

United Kingdom
Shropshire
peteconnors should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If by some miracle it does go ahead I can see quite a few people switching to motorbikes. Which in turn will more than likely up the number of road deaths, which in turn (knowing this gov't) will bring about a "bike safety" tax. Sorry, did I say tax, I meant fee...