Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Road Car Forums > Road Car Forum

Old 11 Feb 2007, 11:15 (Ref:1838553)   #1
Jim Lamb
Racer

England
Sutton Coldfield
Jim Lamb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
BMW 3 Series, thoughts on tyres, anyone?

Hi All, Checking my tyres recently noticed that the Rears on my BMW320D are getting near replacement. Currently running Dunlop SP2000E's(225/50ZR16). These have lasted approx 30K from new over 18 months.

Does anyone have experience or thoughts on replacements? Interested in your views on wear rates, performance, noise, best places to buy/have fitted.

Many thanks,

R's Jim Lamb
Old 12 Feb 2007, 12:16 (Ref:1839253)   #2
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Whilst not claiming to be an expert on any particular variety of tyre, the Goodyear F1-GS3 and Toyo Proxies always get a good write up.

I got a good deal (and indeed good service) from http://www.blackcircles.com
They have local agents around the country, but your transaction remains with the online part of the business, so you just turn up and get your tyres fitted in exchange for a signature.
Old 13 Feb 2007, 03:14 (Ref:1839937)   #3
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I wouldn't put another set of Goodyears on my car if you paid me. My favorites are the Bridgestone RE050 and Toyo T1R.
Old 14 Feb 2007, 20:38 (Ref:1841604)   #4
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
i have pirelli pzero rosso's at the moment, and admittedly don't pay for them, but they really are a superb set of tyres. they stick like glue to the road, regardless of what you try and ask the car to do. the noise, well, i don't notice it, and it can't outdo the dodgy bearing on the right hand side, so they can't be too noisy.
Old 16 Feb 2007, 16:06 (Ref:1843241)   #5
Jim Lamb
Racer

England
Sutton Coldfield
Jim Lamb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks all, for the responses so far.

Does anyone have access to Manufacturers Tyre perormancne data. i.e. Mileage vs wear rates, Grip/Compound types etc?

Many thanks,

R's Jim