Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 5 Aug 2002, 22:04 (Ref:350828)   #1
Paul Rayner
Veteran

Paul Rayner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Formula Renault UK - Knockhill Test predictions

Drivers and teams head off to Knockhill this Thursday for testing ahead of Round 10 of the Formula Renault UK Championship. Which means we have to predict who's going to be fastest...

As none of the teams have been there yet this year, and many drivers have never even visited the circuit, it's got to be a difficult one to predict...

Usual rules, predict the top five, 2 points scored for every driver in the right place, 1 for every driver in the wrong place. There's an extra bonus point for getting the fastest lap right to within a tenth of a second, and the tie-break is how many will be within a second.

I'll start with:

1) Watts
2) Lloyd
3) Sharp
4) Green
5) Davison

Fastest time: 50.534
21 within a second
Old 5 Aug 2002, 23:02 (Ref:350908)   #2
Mackmot
Veteran

United Kingdom
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Mackmot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Watts
Hamilton
Kirkaldy
Sharp
Hollings

i'll be back with a time later

all except 1 within a second
Old 6 Aug 2002, 17:07 (Ref:351437)   #3
kbudden
Racer

kbudden should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Do you know something the rest of us don't Mackmot - I thought Kirkaldy was in Clios?

My guess would be

Watts
Lloyd
Green
Hamilton
Rossiter

based on times they put in at Guadix in the winter which is a very similar circuit in terms of layout.

20 within a second
Old 6 Aug 2002, 17:19 (Ref:351452)   #4
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
see singleseaters.co.uk for an explanation of the kirkaldy thing - he's scored himself a ride in the second mackie car. much as he's fast and all that, i'd not be expecting him to better the top 20. prove me wrong, though.

green
long
watts
hamilton
hollings

all but 2 within a second. however many cars there will be.
Old 6 Aug 2002, 18:31 (Ref:351527)   #5
Mr Jinxx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Isle of Man
Mr Jinxx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Lloyd
Sharp
Green
Watts
Hamilton
Sit in a chair, lift your right leg off the ground, point your toes forward and draw CLOCKWISE circles in the air with your foot. Then raise your right hand and draw the number 6 in the air with your index finger. Your foot will change direction. If you can't even do this simple coordination task, how could you drive a racing car?
Old 6 Aug 2002, 18:34 (Ref:351533)   #6
Mr Jinxx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Isle of Man
Lloyd
Green
Long
Watts
Sharp ... changed my mind
Not a clue what times would be like
18 within a second
Sit in a chair, lift your right leg off the ground, point your toes forward and draw CLOCKWISE circles in the air with your foot. Then raise your right hand and draw the number 6 in the air with your index finger. Your foot will change direction. If you can't even do this simple coordination task, how could you drive a racing car?
Old 6 Aug 2002, 18:45 (Ref:351542)   #7
Paul Rayner
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr Jinxx
Not a clue what times would be like
Times from last year are available at:
www.single-seaters.co.uk/2001resu.html

Pole last year was 52.264, but I'm presuming that was damp, because the fastest lap in the race was 50.280
Old 7 Aug 2002, 15:01 (Ref:352341)   #8
JohnnyBravo
Rookie

JohnnyBravo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Kirkaldy thing isn't going to happen apparently, shame that, it would have been good to see him back in an open wheeler, He's still got it I'm sure!
Old 7 Aug 2002, 16:26 (Ref:352390)   #9
Jonny Apex
Veteran

Jonny Apex should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
1. Hamilton
2. Green
3. Watts
4. Lloyd
5. Davison

50.081s fastest time
16 within a second
Old 7 Aug 2002, 23:57 (Ref:352723)   #10
Mr Jinxx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Isle of Man
fastest ... 49.8
Old 8 Aug 2002, 14:22 (Ref:353119)   #11
Russfeld
Veteran

Russfeld should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is the test today the 8th? The reason I ask is Patrick Long was on US TV last night talking about his Snetterton win. Though maybe that was a taped piece
Old 8 Aug 2002, 18:43 (Ref:353298)   #12
Les
Veteran

Kenya
Suffolk,UK
Les should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
my boy did it - Mark McLoughlin!! Now just transform that into pole
Old 8 Aug 2002, 20:54 (Ref:353396)   #13
Mr Jinxx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Isle of Man
McLoughlin was smart - used 2 sets of half tyres! Lloyd was daft - was right up there and then chucked it off before he could get a proper lap in on new tyres. But look at the difference with the other Motaworld cars - I still predict he will be One to Watch in qualifying ... like Schumacher, he doesn't tend to throw it off when it counts! That's Philip Schumacher I meant, off course, the cobbler
Old 8 Aug 2002, 23:26 (Ref:353487)   #14
kbudden
Racer

kbudden should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Trust Mr Jinxx to be talking cobblers!! - only joking Mr J - hope the weather is good for you out in Italia
Old 9 Aug 2002, 15:02 (Ref:354052)   #15
Mr Jinxx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Isle of Man
lol kb Too hot for me - wish I was at Knockhill, as it happens. Will be trying to keep up with qualifying and the race. Weird not being there. First time I ever missed a race since he started age 9!!
Old 12 Aug 2002, 10:23 (Ref:355864)   #16
Paul Rayner
Veteran

Back now with "proper" Internet access, I can total up the scores. Jonny Apex was the winner of the prediction competition, with 5 points. Nobody scored the bonus point for getting the fastest time right, but I correctly predicted how many would be within a second. The award goes to Mr Jinxx, who would have scored 3 points if he hadn't changed his prediction, but as it was he only gets 2.

Scores:
Jonny Apex 5
bella 4
Paul Rayner/Mackmot/kbudden 3
Mr Jinxx 2
Old 12 Aug 2002, 12:47 (Ref:356045)   #17
Jonny Apex
Veteran

Jonny Apex should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
EE-ZI EE-ZI EE-ZI