Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 2 May 2004, 12:28 (Ref:958563)   #251
Kerri
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide
Kerri should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKerri should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great there goes another QLD track, so what now?
Old 3 May 2004, 01:22 (Ref:958970)   #252
hotgemini
Rookie

hotgemini should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
GTRMagic: Did Rob jump or was he pushed? Rob did great work as boss of Qld. Raceway but you can only have one boss and his office has become progressively more crowded of late.

Also a Believer & Kerri: Just to be clear, you two are suggesting that as QR has no money for upgrades, that its going to go bust? Unless there is something I'm missing, I wouldn't have thought QR's financials were in particularly bad shape.
Old 4 May 2004, 11:03 (Ref:960222)   #253
scoupe
Rookie

scoupe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
"Unless there is something I'm missing, I wouldn't have thought QR's financials were in particularly bad shape."

Ever tried to book the track ? There seems to be something happening everyday of the week !
Old 4 May 2004, 14:06 (Ref:960436)   #254
hotgemini
Rookie

Have I ever tried to book QR... Only about 50 days last year.
Old 4 May 2004, 14:23 (Ref:960445)   #255
Kerri
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide
Kerri should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKerri should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sorry guys, I didn't mean that the Circuit was going bust, just that another track is having management problems & what with the dramas at the beginning of the year with CAMS etc. it just seems a bit too much for some.
I would hate to see the same thing happen to QR as happened to Lakeside.
I know I'm not from QLD but It's great to go to other tracks in Australia & if they do not run National events, well where are we supposed to race.
Old 5 May 2004, 04:45 (Ref:961122)   #256
Big Voice
Racer

Big Voice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well ,having just finished a conversation with Mr John Tetley,we can expect a press release from him shortly regarding QR's position(which is healthy as they keep paying my fee's)and the resignation of Rob Colgan.
As a point of interest I can say that there relationship may not have been harmonious but at the end of the day JT would rather he stay than loose him.
Although obviously concerned about The Rob situation,JT said he still had not recieved a letter of Resignation.
All of the missinformation can be stopped as JT can be contacted at QR and looks forward to a quality journaist from any publication contacting him to print the truth and not the missguided although non malicous half truths around at this time.
We all at QR look forward to all the racing still to come this year (both CAMS and non CAMS)

The STAR YAMAHA COMMENTARY TEAM..bringing you all the action trackside.
Old 5 May 2004, 05:17 (Ref:961136)   #257
Falcadore
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Falcadore should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How about an unquality journalist?
Old 6 May 2004, 08:55 (Ref:962303)   #258
spook
Veteran

spook should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There is no crisis at QR.

Rob Colgan is leaving the circuit management team, but the circuit will live on with the rest of the staff doing their work and serving our many customers as before.

There has been no application for any government funding for any upgrades to the circuit, nor are there any plans for upgrades.

That's not to say there are no plans afoot to add some facilities - just be patient - QR will hasten slowly to ensure we continue to provide the best motor racing venue in Queensland.

We may even have a surprise for TC in July (apart from reserved parking for the Audi), but I can't say any more just yet.
Old 12 May 2004, 21:48 (Ref:969223)   #259
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
If the noise around and about is correct, perhaps QR will have lots of dog and cat food to play with very soon, with the new 25% investor said to be connected with Aussie's #1 chilled petfood business...

Woof Woof!
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 12 May 2004, 22:21 (Ref:969270)   #260
Big Voice
Racer

Well,this weekend is the second "Non Cams" meeting with good numbers being entered .
Big field for the Tattersals Sports car series and as an announcer I am looking forward to thier 1 Hour Race with drivers change on Sunday.
Mazda's,V8's,Sports cars and a real and some replica GT 40's are in attendance.
A very diverse field of cars with different fuel strategies etc.
Can't wait......
Old 13 May 2004, 02:32 (Ref:969382)   #261
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
DAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'll be there, pitcrewing for my mate in Improved Production.

My dogs love VIP Petfood, you should see how excited they are when i carry it. Much better than the snub i get when they see dry dog food.

Seriously though, I think all dog owning Motorsport fans should buy VIP and don't touch the other stuff. Support the people who support your sport.
Old 13 May 2004, 06:22 (Ref:969470)   #262
Kerri
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide
I agree David, but I don't know if we have it in SA.
Old 13 May 2004, 06:32 (Ref:969475)   #263
hotgemini
Rookie

So does anyone have any inside word on what this 'surprise' that QR might have for AVESCOn?
Old 14 May 2004, 03:54 (Ref:970488)   #264
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
DAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yeah, I'm curious.
Old 14 May 2004, 11:18 (Ref:970771)   #265
TC 2
Rookie

TC 2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Big voice (Wes) I wish you all the best for your non-cams event, but I have to remind you that you should't burn your bridges.
And to David, I think that you are corrct in advising all motor sport enthusiasts to support the sponsors, but I think that maybe you are eating too much of the sponsors product! Sorry mate.
Old 14 May 2004, 11:21 (Ref:970772)   #266
hotgemini
Rookie

How is supporting a non-cams event burning bridges? It is that very 'with us or against us' attitude that has alienated so many people away from CAMS in the first place....
Old 16 May 2004, 13:13 (Ref:972516)   #267
Falcadore
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Falcadore should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
TC 2, and because of the local situation impossible to achieve here in Qld without isolating the entire state

And if you can't stomach the pet food first time, just add a touch of tobascao to take the edge off.

Mel Gibson like it. Its full of vitamins. Its full of minerals. Its full of marabone jelly. And you won't believe what it will do for your coat... umm hair.

Last edited by Falcadore; 16 May 2004 at 13:18.
Old 16 May 2004, 21:45 (Ref:972831)   #268
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I thought the meeting on the weekend was pretty good. Lots of good racing, very clean, great action. The sports car one hour was a pretty good inovation, felt just like a mini QLD 300, although I'm not too sure who was policing pit lane speed!

I think the one concern with the weekend was the bumps and the superkart drivers getting aibourne on them and belting the concrete walls. Considering that they are losing control at over 200 km/h, i think it's a bit scary, and i think we are lucky to still have two of the drivers still around after their shunts. But hey, people who know better than me will disagree
Old 20 May 2004, 03:50 (Ref:976072)   #269
Big Voice
Racer

The Tattersal's Sports Cars were a highlight for us,as was the return of Bob Thomas to the race track after a lengthy retirement.
Bob was a Qld touring car champion in his Group C RX3 and had a great deal of fun on the weekend.
Bob's son Mark prepared the car with Bob thinking it was for Mark to race not Bob,what a suprise it was an friday for Bob.
Many good stories like that from a good little meeting
Old 20 May 2004, 11:27 (Ref:976436)   #270
vortexo
Veteran

vortexo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Johnson jnr was in the paper touting a street race in Townsville and a longer race at Indy possibly at the expense of QR - even put his email address up for feedback.
*note to self - email jnr and tell him to shut up about dropping a round at QR*
Old 20 May 2004, 11:35 (Ref:976443)   #271
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
FOR SALE

The owners of a shareholding in the leasehold of Queensland Raceway at Willowbank Qld offer for sale a substantial minority parcel of shares in this facility.

Possibility of purchasing controlling parcel, or entire facility.

Apply C/-QR ASAP....

Now I dont know if an ad like that was produced... but the noise out of Queensland right now is that an AVESCO shareholder may or may not have made an offer for part, or indeed the entirity of the QR leasehold....

This comes on the back of similar noise that didnt come to a full conclusion about Eastern Creek around the time of the last round last season.

It seems the company in question wants to grow roots... and establish a permanent facility for AVESCO events to control and manage....

... or not, depending on how solid this is
Old 20 May 2004, 11:59 (Ref:976472)   #272
spook
Veteran

Could the article by Stephen Johnson and this rumour be related?

Not suggesting anything, just seems a very strange coincidence, that's all.
Old 20 May 2004, 12:19 (Ref:976492)   #273
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Presumably the existing shareholders in the facility are aware of the moves around and about... the motorsport press missed this saga unfortunately....
Old 20 May 2004, 19:33 (Ref:976928)   #274
vortexo
Veteran

vortexo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
He (jnr) was also talking about a street race in Newcastle?
Old 20 May 2004, 22:43 (Ref:977116)   #275
spook
Veteran

Maybe Jnr thinks Auckland is a Newcastle suburb.