Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 3 Jun 2008, 11:47 (Ref:2218619)   #1
Redneck Rocket
Racer

Canada
Battersea, London
Redneck Rocket should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRedneck Rocket should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
MGCC Silverstone June 13th-15th

Should be at this one for at least 2 of the three days (if I can cure the Spitfire's misfire). Anyone else attending?
Old 3 Jun 2008, 12:36 (Ref:2218675)   #2
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yup, got an entry in a couple of Enduros - 30 minutes Sat, 45 minutes Sun
Old 3 Jun 2008, 12:43 (Ref:2218681)   #3
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Enjoy,

I usually go but I'm stuck in Qatar this year.
Old 3 Jun 2008, 13:32 (Ref:2218717)   #4
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I don't know Peter; one of the few opportunities to catch up with you now missed! I'm hoping to go on Days 2 & 3, RR - we ought to meet!
Old 3 Jun 2008, 14:59 (Ref:2218782)   #5
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
After last year I have decided to stay at home.
Old 3 Jun 2008, 16:45 (Ref:2218893)   #6
Stuart H
Veteran

England
Wellingborough
Stuart H should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'll be there. Marshaling instead.
Old 3 Jun 2008, 18:24 (Ref:2218959)   #7
DaveGT6
Veteran

England
Langford, Beds.
DaveGT6 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Having done this event the last couple of years it is a good meeting, however this year it clashes with a slightly larger one in France so I'll be heading down Sarthe.
Old 3 Jun 2008, 22:05 (Ref:2219166)   #8
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Has anybody got a link to the event timetable ?

Thanks.
Old 3 Jun 2008, 22:51 (Ref:2219193)   #9
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
I'll be there as you might expect from my monica, 3 enduros Sat and Sun. Giving a drive to the guy who gave me my first race and introduced me to penury - revenge at last, it's in a Montego !
Old 4 Jun 2008, 02:07 (Ref:2219272)   #10
Redneck Rocket
Racer

Canada
Battersea, London
Redneck Rocket should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRedneck Rocket should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sounds like a plan. Shall PM you a little closer to the date when I know my movements a little better.
Old 4 Jun 2008, 19:31 (Ref:2219909)   #11
IAN #51
Racer

England
WALSALL WEST MIDS
IAN #51 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not going to be there this year in a driving capacity bit annoyed really how much the prices have gone up in the allcomers races dosent seem fair.

Ian
Old 4 Jun 2008, 19:55 (Ref:2219925)   #12
v8dave
Rookie

England
North of Watford
v8dave should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
AFAIK the allcomer race prices went up because the championship racers complained they where subsidising them, can't please everyone......

Time table should appear on www.mgcc.co.uk soon - I think they wanted to see the entry levels at closing date before finalising the program.
Old 5 Jun 2008, 10:53 (Ref:2220366)   #13
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by v8dave
AFAIK the allcomer race prices went up because the championship racers complained they where subsidising them, can't please everyone......
Hmmmm, that would be a reasonable excuse if the prices of the championship races had gone down, but hey ho.
Old 5 Jun 2008, 12:30 (Ref:2220466)   #14
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Turner
I don't know Peter; one of the few opportunities to catch up with you now missed!
Actually, right in the beginning of the year before other dates were set I committed to the Mid-Summer Classic at Spa (same weekend as it turns out). Sadly I've had to cancel that due to business committments so I'm not racing until August now.
Old 5 Jun 2008, 16:34 (Ref:2220623)   #15
Derwent Motorsp
Veteran

Scotland
Cumbria
Derwent Motorsp should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm doing two GTS races and the Signtec Trophy race in the B.
Old 12 Jun 2008, 07:29 (Ref:2226675)   #16
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Turner
I'm hoping to go on Days 2 & 3,
Some minor problems with my cars, and the cost of fuel has led me to the reluctant decision to give this meeting a miss this year. I look forward to any pics/reports from those attending!
Old 12 Jun 2008, 08:12 (Ref:2226689)   #17
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by falcemob
After last year I have decided to stay at home.
It seems Steve Carr thought I wanted to go so saved a place for me, how can I refuse now.
See you all there.
Old 12 Jun 2008, 13:06 (Ref:2226888)   #18
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Lucky you! I had trouble getting Steve to save a place for my co-driver who had entered well in advance! Come and see us Tim, garage 7a. If you're in the enduros, I promise I'll move over for you.
Old 13 Jun 2008, 15:40 (Ref:2227879)   #19
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
According to the MGCC advert in MN this meeting is £20 a day on the gate I assume that is a typo but it's too late to find out now.
Old 13 Jun 2008, 16:01 (Ref:2227897)   #20
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
It's worth it!
Old 13 Jun 2008, 16:17 (Ref:2227903)   #21
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by brands
According to the MGCC advert in MN this meeting is £20 a day on the gate I assume that is a typo but it's too late to find out now.
The price on my tickets are £35 for the weekend and I've got 4 and only using 1
Old 14 Jun 2008, 21:24 (Ref:2228910)   #22
Redneck Rocket
Racer

Canada
Battersea, London
Had a great day at the meeting today. Met Max (midgetman), and was returning from Towcester in the spit where I'd gone to buy hammerite and caught up to a DTV car at the circuit entrance which turned out to be Gregor meeting up with Terry. Nice to meet you both and sorry I had to run off - I was halfway through painting and installing the roll cage that Ian Smythe had given me and needed to get it done as it was the only way to get it home from the circuit! Had to cut it to get it in in the end, but my friend Kevin from Zero Exhausts is going to help me slide some pipe inside and weld it up again.

Roll on Le Mans Classic!
Old 15 Jun 2008, 03:37 (Ref:2229107)   #23
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Likewise Redneck,hope the installation gets better.
Also good to meet up with Facie,D Type,Gregor and Midgetman .There all day and did'nt see one race!
Old 15 Jun 2008, 10:13 (Ref:2229255)   #24
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Nice to meet you (Terry) and Gregor.
All I can say about the day is poo on a stick.
Old 15 Jun 2008, 10:52 (Ref:2229277)   #25
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
What happened?