Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 21 May 2009, 00:29 (Ref:2466110)   #76
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead-Eye View Post
If I were managing Ferrari, I'd seriously think about "taking over" one of the GT2 Ferrari entries at Le Mans to get the F1 drivers into a car...would be a pretty strong statement I think
Throw them in the BMS car, testing every free minute at Fiorano until time to go!

L.P.
Old 21 May 2009, 04:14 (Ref:2466148)   #77
Dyson20
Rookie

Dyson20 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by deggis View Post
That could be mistakenly quoted... Autosport:

ahhhh, who do I believe?>
Old 21 May 2009, 08:32 (Ref:2466233)   #78
Cuttlefish
Racer

United States
Seattle, WA
Cuttlefish should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
New Autosport Story:

Ecclestone worried Ferrari may leave F1
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/75461
Old 21 May 2009, 12:28 (Ref:2466386)   #79
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyson20 View Post
ahhhh, who do I believe?>
Autosport's "version" reflects better what Raikkonen said at Ferrari.com, also Autosport wrote exact same line (with "not" word) on shorter version of that interview. Without "not", it would be extremely weird comment, from Raikkonen especially...
Old 21 May 2009, 14:03 (Ref:2466460)   #80
Dyson20
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by deggis View Post
Autosport's "version" reflects better what Raikkonen said at Ferrari.com, also Autosport wrote exact same line (with "not" word) on shorter version of that interview. Without "not", it would be extremely weird comment, from Raikkonen especially...
coming from another Fin, that is a really helpful insight.
Old 24 May 2009, 00:07 (Ref:2467915)   #81
dxk1
Veteran

United States
Annapolis
dxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Maybe if Kimi wins Monaco tomorrow they will stop whining and play nice.

DK
Old 24 May 2009, 00:59 (Ref:2467927)   #82
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by dxk1 View Post
Maybe if Kimi wins Monaco tomorrow they will stop whining and play nice.

DK
The result of Monaco affects the future of Le Mans. We now need to work Indianapolis into this...
Old 26 May 2009, 00:40 (Ref:2469176)   #83
dxk1
Veteran

United States
Annapolis
dxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
The result of Monaco affects the future of Le Mans. We now need to work Indianapolis into this...
Hey, someone should stick a Ferrari engine in an IRL car and give it a spin at at Indy. Maybe Ferrari could replace Honda as the supplier of IRL engines. How's that for an idle threat?

DK
Old 26 May 2009, 14:30 (Ref:2469531)   #84
acox93
Racer

United Kingdom
surrey
acox93 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by dxk1 View Post
Hey, someone should stick a Ferrari engine in an IRL car and give it a spin at at Indy. Maybe Ferrari could replace Honda as the supplier of IRL engines. How's that for an idle threat?

DK
Ferrari needs to compete aginst other manufacurers and it needs to be more than just an engine supplier. It said it needs to be in a series where it can race its own engines and cars against other manufacturers. Not just providing for customers in a spec series.
Old 26 May 2009, 14:45 (Ref:2469543)   #85
TWK
Veteran

TWK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTWK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by acox93 View Post
Ferrari needs to compete aginst other manufacurers and it needs to be more than just an engine supplier. It said it needs to be in a series where it can race its own engines and cars against other manufacturers. Not just providing for customers in a spec series.
IRL is not a de jure user of a single engine supplier, but rather is de facto.
Old 26 May 2009, 15:04 (Ref:2469550)   #86
acox93
Racer

United Kingdom
surrey
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWK View Post
IRL is not a de jure user of a single engine supplier, but rather is de facto.
I dont understand what your saying.
Old 26 May 2009, 15:52 (Ref:2469578)   #87
Dead-Eye
Veteran

Estonia
Dead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
I dont understand what your saying.
There's no rule that says there can only be one engine supplier, Honda is just the only company who wants to be one.
Old 26 May 2009, 16:04 (Ref:2469586)   #88
acox93
Racer

United Kingdom
surrey
Quote:
There's no rule that says there can only be one engine supplier, Honda is just the only company who wants to be one.
Yes, but its still only supplying an engine.
Old 26 May 2009, 21:12 (Ref:2469803)   #89
Hugewally
Veteran

United States
Largo, FL USA
Hugewally should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Honda is the only one left, having agreed not to leave in exchange for x amount of $$$.
Old 27 May 2009, 23:32 (Ref:2470605)   #90
TWK
Veteran

TWK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTWK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
de jure = by law (or rule)

de facto = in (or by) fact, without sanction of law (or rule)

Common terms, easily found. (Google - or an education - is your friend.)
Old 28 May 2009, 00:10 (Ref:2470618)   #91
Breitling24
Veteran

Breitling24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBreitling24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Ferrari needs to compete aginst other manufacurers and it needs to be more than just an engine supplier. Not just providing for customers in a spec series.
You mean like A1GP? I think I'd tend to agree with you.
Old 28 May 2009, 14:51 (Ref:2470964)   #92
AX lover
Racer

Netherlands
AX lover should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ferrari engineers are studying the ACO regulations:
http://translate.google.com/translat...istory_state0=

Google translation:

Quote:
Autosprint revealed that Luca di Montezemolo, Ferrari president, gave the okay for the department Horse races begin a feasibility study for the project and to develop a prototype for the 24 Hours of Le Mans. Fino ad ora si era pensato che la Ferrari "giocasse" quando parlava di un interesse nei riguardi della storica maratona francese. Until now it was thought that the Ferrari "playing" when he spoke of an interest in respect of the historic French marathon. Invece, è tutto vero. Instead, it's all true. E a questo punto, la presenza di Montezemolo come starter della prossima 24 Ore di Le Mans, ufficialmente come omaggio per i 60 anni della prima vittoria di una Ferrari sul circuito della Sarthe, assume tutto un altro significato. And at this point, the presence of Montezemolo as a starter for the next 24 Hours of Le Mans, officially as a gift for the first 60 years of a Ferrari victory at the Sarthe circuit, took a different meaning.

Da qualche giorno, i tecnici Ferrari stanno studiando i regolamenti ACO, Automobile Club de l'Ouest, che da sempre non hanno nulla a che vedere con quelli FIA. For several days, engineers are studying Ferrari ACO Regulations, Automobile Club de l'Ouest, who always have nothing to do with the FIA. L'ACO fa da sè con enorme successo, sia dal punto di vista tecnico sia da quello commerciale, e per questo la FIA e Bernie Ecclestone ha sempre considerato la 24 Ore di Le Mans una corsa nemica, da non prendere in considerazione. The ACO is by itself with enormous success, both from a technical point of view is in terms of trade, and so the FIA and Bernie Ecclestone has always considered the 24 Hours of Le Mans race an enemy, not to consider. Attualmente sono Audi e Peugeot i due grandi costruttori impegnati nella gara francese unica al mondo. Currently, Audi and Peugeot are the two major manufacturers involved in the French race is unique. Negli ultimi anni, il periodo d'oro fu quello tra il 1997 e 1999 quando erano presenti in forma ufficiale Audi, BMW, Mercedes, Nissan, Porsche e Toyota. In recent years, the golden age was that between 1997 and 1999 when they were officially in Audi, BMW, Mercedes, Nissan, Porsche and Toyota.
Old 28 May 2009, 16:58 (Ref:2471027)   #93
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AX lover View Post
Ferrari engineers are studying the ACO regulations:
[
Or at least presenting that publicly, to make their threat appear more legitimate.
Old 28 May 2009, 17:03 (Ref:2471031)   #94
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Ferrari and its brand almost uniquely seem to have little problem attracting sponsorship money and therefore with the cost reductions happening in F1 maybe they feel they will have the funding and resources to do this.

My other theory is that a works assault on Le Mans would also enable some backdoor testing of components for F1 with the continuing restriction on testing and budget.

Either way if Ferrari do LeMans its mainstream media profile will increase immensly and I would expect other manufacturers to follow - maybe also for backdoor testing as well.
Old 28 May 2009, 17:47 (Ref:2471062)   #95
Dyson20
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal View Post
Ferrari and its brand almost uniquely seem to have little problem attracting sponsorship money and therefore with the cost reductions happening in F1 maybe they feel they will have the funding and resources to do this.

My other theory is that a works assault on Le Mans would also enable some backdoor testing of components for F1 with the continuing restriction on testing and budget.

Either way if Ferrari do LeMans its mainstream media profile will increase immensly and I would expect other manufacturers to follow - maybe also for backdoor testing as well.

Thats a great idea.
Old 28 May 2009, 18:09 (Ref:2471078)   #96
Number7
Racer

Denmark
Copenhagen
Number7 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ferrari back at Le Mans - YES!
Who cares about F1?
Old 28 May 2009, 18:43 (Ref:2471097)   #97
Dario911
Veteran

Italy
Somewhere in the world...
Dario911 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
In 80s Ferrari menaced FIA to leave formula 1. To make this menace strong, Enzo Ferrari gave to his engineers the order to build a car to race in Indy league. It was a bluff, so I think in these days we are watching a fiction. Ferrari is trying to make under pressure FIA to find an accord.
You can be sure, you'll never see Ferrari in Le Mans in the next years.
If they would come to Sarthe, they would partecipate first with a customer project (like the Aston) and then with a factory car.
It should be very hard for Ferrari to beat Audi and Peugeot in a so competitive class like LMP1.
I don't think Ferrari would like to be beaten by Audi and Peugeot diesel cars...
It would be a very humiliation for Ferrari.
They are only playing this game to beat Mosley...
Le Mans, 23/06/2013, 15:00, Allan we miss you!
Porsche 1°-2° in GTE-Pro class with 991 GT3 RSR
Porsche 1st. place in GTE-Am class with 997 GT3 RSR
Old 28 May 2009, 18:48 (Ref:2471101)   #98
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dario911 View Post
In 80s Ferrari menaced FIA to leave formula 1. To make this menace strong, Enzo Ferrari gave to his engineers the order to build a car to race in Indy league. It was a bluff, so I think in these days we are watching a fiction. Ferrari is trying to make under pressure FIA to find an accord.
You can be sure, you'll never see Ferrari in Le Mans in the next years.
If they would come to Sarthe, they would partecipate first with a customer project (like the Aston) and then with a factory car.
It should be very hard for Ferrari to beat Audi and Peugeot in a so competitive class like LMP1.
I don't think Ferrari would like to be beaten by Audi and Peugeot diesel cars...
It would be a very humiliation for Ferrari.
They are only playing this game to beat Mosley...
And apparently working...
http://eurosport.yahoo.com/28052009/...ompromise.html
Old 28 May 2009, 19:06 (Ref:2471109)   #99
AndrewF31
Veteran

Canada
Spain
AndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Max's quote at the end is questionable IMO: I think Ferrari is more important to Formula 1 than the other way around.
I'm sure that a move of Ferrari to sportscar racing would pull others with them and push this racing up the ladder.
Old 28 May 2009, 20:00 (Ref:2471135)   #100
Bob Riebe
Veteran

Bob Riebe User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewF31 View Post
Max's quote at the end is questionable IMO: I think Ferrari is more important to Formula 1 than the other way around.
I'm sure that a move of Ferrari to sportscar racing would pull others with them and push this racing up the ladder.
IF- IF- Ferrari actually pull-out of F-1, it would be a very, very good thing.
The question would be if Ferrrari has balls to stick with it and truly tell Ecclestone to stick it where the sun never shines.