Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 29 Mar 2011, 06:54 (Ref:2855215)   #201
Nordic
Veteran

England
West Sussex
Nordic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal View Post
You are right - but I got the impression he had really got the Le Mans bug just like the rest of us
I thought he used to put it on his expenses!

Shame if it is the end of the Road for Drayson Racing at le mans, but lets not forget it is a very demanding race and maybe he just found he was not cut out for it. He does strike me as someone who would not want to be just a team owner.

As for 2011, still no drop outs? surley the Loti will pull the plug soon? Not 100% sure about the prodrive Aston either. If it does not go well at Paul Ricard I see them calling it off rather than trundle round.
Old 2 Apr 2011, 09:26 (Ref:2857241)   #202
911targa
Veteran

Taiwan
911targa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Pilet-Narac-Armindo will form an all-French IMSA performance LM24 driver lineup(endurance-info)

also known is Henzler-Lieb-Lietz for #77Proton(proton official)

i'd guess Long will join Bergmeister together with Law or Overbreek in the Pro lizard,1 of 4 drivers above not be chosen at last is likely to drive with Neiman for the Am car.

and Ragginger might make his LM24 debut this year in#88 Pro Proton with Luhr and a TBN(Cruz-Martin i guess) if BMS(R5 now) wont be able to take the start.
Old 2 Apr 2011, 11:04 (Ref:2857275)   #203
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordic View Post
As for 2011, still no drop outs? surley the Loti will pull the plug soon? Not 100% sure about the prodrive Aston either. If it does not go well at Paul Ricard I see them calling it off rather than trundle round.
I guess the question is, which would pose a bigger loss of credibility for Prodrive and Aston- a troubled run in midfield ending with a DNF or two, or a total no-show? Unless they're finding it impossible to get the car to hold together for more than a couple of hours by Spa, then I can't see them pulling out at this stage?

Lotus? Who knows? I suspect it wouldn't make that much difference whether they show up for Le Mans behind schedule and with little testing, or having done a stack of test mileage. It's a Lotus, it's gonna break down....

I can't help wondering about the Hope ORECA hybrid- it's a project running late, they withdrew from Sebring and it's only just been unveiled this weekend, it hasn't turned a wheel in testing, and has a new engine combined with the added complication of being hybrid- all run by a privateer team stepping up from running FLMs.
I'm certainly not wishing any ill-fortune on them, it's good to see a privateer team taking on an ambitious project, but I wouldn't be all that surprised to see them have a troubled time in testing, a DNF or even DNS at Spa, then pull the LM entry to concentrate on getting the car into shape for the remaining ILMC rounds...
Old 2 Apr 2011, 11:14 (Ref:2857279)   #204
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I don't see Aston Martin forfeiting, it's a fully budgeted 2 year programme. I'm not anticipating great things from the team at Le Mans, but the experience will enable them to gather invaluable data for 2012.

I'd be equally surprised to see Lotus forfeit their entries for similar reasons.
Old 3 Apr 2011, 06:50 (Ref:2857630)   #205
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordic View Post

Entry fees are due this coming week - so we'll know pretty soon if anyone hasn't ponied up.

Ref Lotus - last I heard the car was due to run for the first time tmw
Old 3 Apr 2011, 07:05 (Ref:2857634)   #206
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Graham - Are there any confirmed drop-outs from the reserve list?
Old 3 Apr 2011, 07:48 (Ref:2857646)   #207
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
Graham - Are there any confirmed drop-outs from the reserve list?
Rangoni Motorsports plus, I would suggest, anyone who hasn't confirmed their attendance at the LM Test!
Old 3 Apr 2011, 08:33 (Ref:2857661)   #208
courageous
Veteran

United Kingdom
Chatham, Kent
courageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcourageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
That'll include the Belgium Lola-Aston then sadly
Old 3 Apr 2011, 08:49 (Ref:2857666)   #209
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by courageous View Post
That'll include the Belgium Lola-Aston then sadly
Believe that's true sadly
Old 4 Apr 2011, 07:55 (Ref:2858407)   #210
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham Goodwin View Post
anyone who hasn't confirmed their attendance at the LM Test!
I thought Highcroft said they wouldnt attend the test .

Technically its a new car , converted from P2 to P1 ..... so shouldnt they be there , as the running gear is all new ?
Old 5 Apr 2011, 03:54 (Ref:2858930)   #211
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Ref Lotus - last I heard the car was due to run for the first time tmw
Thats somewhat encouraging, hopefully we see the car soon.
Old 9 Apr 2011, 15:35 (Ref:2860903)   #212
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Believe that's true sadly
http://www.endurance-info.com/versio...ance-6842.html

Apparently not... Vanina Ickx, Bas Leinders and Maxime Martin now scheduled to drive at the Test Day and in the race if the car makes it to the main entry.
Old 9 Apr 2011, 18:10 (Ref:2860953)   #213
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
I hope they will get in, at least we would have an Aston Martin that could last 24 hours!
Old 10 Apr 2011, 02:02 (Ref:2861099)   #214
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Nice livery, I hope they make it in so we can hear that beautiful v12 one last time at Le Mans.
Old 10 Apr 2011, 09:59 (Ref:2861195)   #215
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Id prefer to see the Boutsen Oreca in , much more deserving imo .
Old 10 Apr 2011, 12:49 (Ref:2861325)   #216
Le Vieux
Veteran

Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Entry fees are due this coming week - so we'll know pretty soon if anyone hasn't ponied up.
It's now a week since this post - does anyone have a precise date for an announcement from the ACO? - or should we assume that everyone has paid up and there are no withdrawals?
Old 10 Apr 2011, 21:19 (Ref:2861569)   #217
Marcel ten Caat
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Marcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMarcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Le Mans Test Day list had only one update in recent weeks, the addition of the #52 Ferrari F430 of AF Corse.

No news since then...and the deadline for payments was April 6th.
Old 10 Apr 2011, 22:45 (Ref:2861597)   #218
AGD
Veteran

AGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
Id prefer to see the Boutsen Oreca in , much more deserving imo .
I would agree with that. It's a shame to see the Boutsen Oreca Nissan so far down the reserve list given that they would be one of the LMP2 favorites if they were in the race. It would probably make more sense for Boutsen to be there rather than the factory Oreca team given that the ACO wants LMP2 to be a privateer class.

The only prototype I see having a chance to sneak into the race is the Norma. I can't imagine anyone withdrawing except perhaps for the Hope Oreca Flybrid. Everyone else seems solid unless someone writes off a car during testing or at Spa.
Old 12 Apr 2011, 16:04 (Ref:2862468)   #219
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Signatech Oreca Nissan out and the Norma is in.

More than a little surprised by this.
Old 12 Apr 2011, 16:49 (Ref:2862484)   #220
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Twitter

johndagys John Dagys
#LM24 Entry List Update: Second Signtech Nissan has been withdrawn, Extreme Limite AM Paris Norma is now in.
Old 12 Apr 2011, 17:05 (Ref:2862491)   #221
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by isynge View Post
Signatech Oreca Nissan out and the Norma is in.

More than a little surprised by this.
I am wondering what the reason for withdraw was. I though Signatech was running the Oreca Nissan with some Nissan factory backing, are there now money problems?
Old 12 Apr 2011, 17:35 (Ref:2862510)   #222
nissangtrfan
Rookie

United States
30 Miles from Road Atlanta
nissangtrfan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
I am wondering what the reason for withdraw was. I though Signatech was running the Oreca Nissan with some Nissan factory backing, are there now money problems?
Maybe Signatech is going to run the Oreca Matmut entry?
Old 12 Apr 2011, 20:29 (Ref:2862601)   #223
Speedblood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Home counties or a racetrack.
Speedblood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSpeedblood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Not the most reliable source in the world granted but on the 2011 wiki page it shows we're down to 2 reserves for LMP and GT after the promotion of the Norma.

It leaves the Kronos Aston as 1st reserve and Boutsen Oreca as 2nd.

For GT it's still the Robertson Pro car and now the Young driver aston respectively. Didn't we have another prospeed and BMS porsche and something else?

Dunno about anyone else but I think all 4 would be welcome entries for various reasons. Particularly the 2 GT's as they would bring further quality to the GT field.
Old 12 Apr 2011, 21:16 (Ref:2862634)   #224
Marcel ten Caat
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Marcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMarcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Correct.

In LMP the Extreme Limite AM Paris Norma has been invited after the Signatech car had been withdrawn. Kronos Racing and Boutsen Energy Racing remain on the reserve list while Rangoni Motorsport and Pegasus Racing have also been withdrawn.

In GTE the second ProSpeed Competition car as well as Tolimit Arabia and BMS Scuderia Italia reserve entries have been pulled, leaving the second Robertson Racing Ford and Young Driver AMR car on the list.
Old 12 Apr 2011, 21:19 (Ref:2862636)   #225
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedblood View Post
Not the most reliable source in the world granted but on the 2011 wiki page it shows we're down to 2 reserves for LMP and GT after the promotion of the Norma.

It leaves the Kronos Aston as 1st reserve and Boutsen Oreca as 2nd.

For GT it's still the Robertson Pro car and now the Young driver aston respectively.
All correct and officially confirmed on the ACO website.