Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 31 Mar 2009, 17:55 (Ref:2429918)   #1176
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
I suppose thats a fair comment ..... but for christ sakes , another Ferrari !!!
Old 31 Mar 2009, 18:12 (Ref:2429931)   #1177
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Old 31 Mar 2009, 19:36 (Ref:2429988)   #1178
airbusA346
Veteran

England
Staffordshire, UK
airbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridairbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
Dont know what happened here , but Gigawave have pulled out . Now there is little chance of a decent DBR9 given that LLH is first named driver for JetAlliance .

Amazing , how a great car like a DBR9 has petered out !!!
Jetalliance have named all three drivers for LM: Lukas Lichtner-Hoyer, Alex Müller, and Thomas Gruber.

http://www.racealliance.com/images/g...nference-7.jpg

Tom.
Old 31 Mar 2009, 20:11 (Ref:2430018)   #1179
Garp
Racer

Garp should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
They might consider giving the first and second place to Corvette in advance, like ALMS. Low change to see another 8 dropouts to have Larbre in the playing field.

I don't know what to say, I think I have to hope for a miracle that Spartak wins my former favourite racingclass.
Old 3 Apr 2009, 14:03 (Ref:2432406)   #1180
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
Aston Martin adapt the swan neck rear wing support: http://www.endurance-info.com/2009_L...eron_Aston.jpg
Old 3 Apr 2009, 14:27 (Ref:2432424)   #1181
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I think we are going to se the swan neck rear wing on a lot of cars soon!
Old 3 Apr 2009, 14:41 (Ref:2432438)   #1182
airbusA346
Veteran

England
Staffordshire, UK
airbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridairbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Live! Chat with Aston Martin’s Turner & Enge, Saturday 7pm CEST

http://www.astonmartinracing.com/eng...0-fd272b462f38

Drayson Racing to Offer Fans Additional Insight with Twitter

http://www.draysonracing.com/news/pu..._Twitter.shtml

Tom.
Old 8 Apr 2009, 00:29 (Ref:2436340)   #1183
Canada ALMS fan
Veteran

Canada
Calgary, Canada
Canada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Murphy has a new poop and some good news for us Aston fans in North America. Possibly 2 Vantage GT2 after Le Mans with a reality show following them on Spike to boot!
Old 8 Apr 2009, 11:53 (Ref:2436637)   #1184
fausto
Veteran

Wales
fausto should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Aston Martin Racing, together with Peugeot, are testing @ Monza since yesterday...
Old 14 Apr 2009, 19:29 (Ref:2440722)   #1185
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
http://mariantic.co.uk/lmp/images/Lo...ssis-plate.jpg

Old 14 Apr 2009, 19:47 (Ref:2440741)   #1186
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
I THANKEWE!!!!

Did I say DBR1 mk2?

I got it right for once...
Old 15 Apr 2009, 00:58 (Ref:2440957)   #1187
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
I reckon they got it wrong ..... Its supposed to be a DBR1 1/2 , half Lola & half AMR !!!
Old 15 Apr 2009, 07:30 (Ref:2441059)   #1188
XJR14/WSC95
Racer

XJR14/WSC95 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It looks like a Lola B0960 with an Aston Martin engine. Perhaps DBR1-2/1 is the engine number.
Old 15 Apr 2009, 18:22 (Ref:2441618)   #1189
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
I just read http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/car/4...in-B09-60.html and it pointed out an interesting detail:
Quote:
Another interesting feature is the rear break cooling, which uses rearward pointed ducts that feed air onto the discs with fans. This eliminates the need for air-intakes on the rear deck, which is now exceptionally clean.
A picture can be found on http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/pic.p...18&carnum=4024
Old 15 Apr 2009, 22:04 (Ref:2441784)   #1190
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
I suspect those fans blow, not suck...
Old 15 Apr 2009, 22:18 (Ref:2441788)   #1191
MulsanneMike
Veteran

United States
MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim the Grey View Post
I suspect those fans blow, not suck...
Thus the primary draw being through the wheel center itself? Very interesting...

Devil's advocate time...what would keep someone from using similar fans to say, improve airflow through the tunnels ala Brabham fan car?
Old 15 Apr 2009, 23:31 (Ref:2441837)   #1192
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Mike, that's what I was thinking too. Glad to hear a voice agreeing.

I wonder if this additional airflow could help with engine bay cooling?

Hmmm. Vent into the venturi just after the lowest pressure point? Increase airflow? I suspect Moveable Aero Device would get quoted before they finished rolling it off the transporter...
Old 16 Apr 2009, 00:38 (Ref:2441863)   #1193
MulsanneMike
Veteran

United States
MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim the Grey View Post
Mike, that's what I was thinking too. Glad to hear a voice agreeing.

I wonder if this additional airflow could help with engine bay cooling?

Hmmm. Vent into the venturi just after the lowest pressure point? Increase airflow? I suspect Moveable Aero Device would get quoted before they finished rolling it off the transporter...
I think it sets a dangerous precedent, fans that is. But I did have a look through the regs and the ACO seems pretty explicit what openings are allowed in the under floor:

The only openings permitted are the minimum gaps necessary for wheel and suspension part movements (suspension travel and steering), air jack holes, sensors for measuring the ground clearance (LMP1 only), closed hatches (maintenance operations) and the overflow fuel pipe.

So you wouldn't get away with any kind of "cooling" hole (sort of what F1 has recently had issues with--which also mean a F1 type double-decker diffuser is out of the question but I digress) that could draw air out of the under floor via fan. But we're looking at the obvious. You could still blast air across the trailing edge of the top side of the floor (much as the exhaust is some times positioned). Either way, this is dangerous precedent I think. It won't take much thinking from "full-time" people to figure something to do with them that the ACO didn't anticipate.
Old 20 Apr 2009, 18:34 (Ref:2445753)   #1194
LeMans.pt
Veteran

Portugal
London, UK
LeMans.pt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
I reckon they got it wrong ..... Its supposed to be a DBR1 1/2 , half Lola & half AMR !!!
Old 21 Apr 2009, 22:03 (Ref:2446620)   #1195
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Mike? Not being that much of a tech head...

This 'double diffuser' malarkey that the self important single seater ego trippers are using couldn't rear it's head in LMS could it? Only I read of there being a gap between floor and diffuser feeding the upper diffuser, you see. Following your comments above, I assume not?
Old 23 Apr 2009, 03:38 (Ref:2447507)   #1196
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/spo...cle6150457.ece
Old 23 Apr 2009, 06:01 (Ref:2447545)   #1197
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Would be lovely to see AMR or Prodrive in F1 again!, but i hope it's not on the behalf of there entrance in Sportscarracing!
Old 23 Apr 2009, 07:13 (Ref:2447578)   #1198
AstonGeoff
Veteran

England
Witney
AstonGeoff should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No, No, No....

AM are a sportscar racing outfit (apart from the DBR4 on the late 50's early 60's), always have been. A move to F1 would be a mistake in my opinion!

If AMR/Prodrive or whatever you want to call them do go into F1 then the L-AM LMP1 programme will almost certainly go, leaving only customer GT4/3/2 entries.
Old 23 Apr 2009, 09:19 (Ref:2447645)   #1199
Nordic
Veteran

England
West Sussex
Nordic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sportscar racing is for Gentleman, Astons are brought by Gentlemen.

F1 is for Oiks

Aston if they know their market should stay in GT racing, leave F1 to the Oiks

Simple really.
Old 23 Apr 2009, 09:30 (Ref:2447653)   #1200
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordic View Post
Sportscar racing is for Gentleman, Astons are brought by Gentlemen.

F1 is for Oiks

Aston if they know their market should stay in GT racing, leave F1 to the Oiks

Simple really.
Whilst I would agree, in principle, I sense Richards is looking to make the Aston Martin brand accessible to more people with lower priced entry level models. An F1 programme may better serve his marketing objectives, especially at a fraction of the current cost.