Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Road Car Forums > Road Car Forum

Old 11 Oct 2001, 12:22 (Ref:159040)   #1
Airhead
Veteran

Airhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAirhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Interesting Drives...

What have you driven that is intertesting lately?

Today a good friend took delivery of an Alfa GTV 6. Gun Metal Gray with red leather. I had a drive in the rain and was impressed. This thing looks great. It goes pretty well. Nice gear change, especially when changing down and double - clutching (yes, cries of ****er!)really a nice car, just couldn't imagine owning one.

Otherwise I rode a Ducati ST4 a month ago. Very nice indeed. I want one. More my cup of tea and all that.

Anyone else?
Old 12 Oct 2001, 09:17 (Ref:159548)   #2
habanero
Rookie

habanero should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Drives

A tad boring in comparison to the GTV but I drove a Peugeot Partner HDi van yesterday and couldnt belive how nippy it was. This thing weighs next to nothing and has the 90bhp diesel engine with a shed load of torque once the turbo's in. Would embarass plenty of boy racers round my way which would be fun!

Went out in a Ferrari 360 Modena too, which is the best thing I've ever been in. So much soul combined with looks, speed and handling. At £90,000 (s/h) it looks expensive against my £6000 Ducati 916 which had all of that in abundance. Still want one though.

Hab
Old 13 Oct 2001, 11:50 (Ref:160046)   #3
elephino
Veteran

elephino should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridelephino should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well it is not a drive I've had yet, but I will be having a drive of the new Astra SRi with a 2.2L engine and some niceties.

The reason is I am looking for a new car as I am thinking of refinancing my current car and a new one is a possibility. But the new car decision will come down to a discussion with Nissan at the Motor Show next week when I ask if a new Pulsar SSS will be coming out as it will influence my decision to have another car to choose from.
Old 27 Oct 2001, 00:29 (Ref:166113)   #4
djb
Veteran

djb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Nothing so exciting as you fellows, but my sister-in-law got a bike earlier in the summer, a Suzuki 500 twin, that she kindly offered me to drive anytime I wanted. (can you imagine)
I've had numerous bikes in the past, but it's been ages since I've owned one. The few times I've had it out, it's been heaps of fun, despite it being very undersprung-and I'm not heavy- and windy as hell with no fairing.
She made a comment of how she can't wait to get a bigger one, and her boyfriend mentioned to me how he found it to be a good beginners bike, being small and not too fast. I don't know about you guys, but when I started getting bikes, I started out at 175 and worked my way up, partly cuz I couldn't afford anything else. Plus I think it's better to start small to get your bike legs and instincts honed abit before being able to go faster.

Anyway, that was my fun drive lately, especially when I considered it a good brother-in-law thing to take it out and do a top speed run to see how stable it was at speed-got it up to about 190. It had been years since I did that on a bike, so had a great big smile all day, even if it was seriously undersprung.

Can't wait 'til next bike...
Old 7 Nov 2001, 15:20 (Ref:171447)   #5
woodyracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
uk
woodyracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i drove the new MG ZR 160, on track today. Its a nice car and drives well, i could definatly get used to one of those
Old 12 Nov 2001, 10:47 (Ref:173562)   #6
elephino
Veteran

elephino should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridelephino should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I've driven the SRi now...after I bought my new car. Though I'm glad I didn't get it. There are some annoying little things. For instance the seatbelt is very awkward to get to because of the seat, the gearshift is too low for my liking and nowhere to put CDs.

The drive itself was reasonably good. It didn't feel as involving as the SSS, nor the Impreza RS that I have bought. Nor did it feel as quick as the Impreza, despite being probably slightly quicker off the line. Just one of those things, the car didn't suit me at all. The only other car to feel like that for me was the Audi A3.

The Impreza on the other hand is very impressive. The brakes are phenominal, the grip is amazing and it can go hard. The AWD slows it a little initially, but once on the move it is pretty quick and enjoyable.