Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 14 May 2009, 15:31 (Ref:2462405)   #1
gwar
Racer

gwar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Help required from our Australian collegues.

Could any one help me with contacts to marshaling in Australia next year.
My Daughter has always wanted to visit Australia (i said ok as long as we do a bit at the racetrack......)

We are looking to go in march 2010....(dependant on race callender) and would like to go to Philip Island for the World super bikes,(my 1st choice) Posibly Touring cars/pickups....and plan to do 3 weeks.
Ive never been before and appreciate the size of the country is massive compared to blightey........which is why prior planning is vital.....

Any help would be very much appreciated.......
Recently got from a very expensive Europe....perhaps the £ might fair better against the Australian $ next year......
Old 14 May 2009, 16:39 (Ref:2462453)   #2
bludvl_x19
Veteran

Australia
umop apisdn
bludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
March 2010? That is around F1GP time

There is a bit on in March (PI Classic, aforementioned GP, Clipsal 500 etc) , but it all depends on how far you want to travel to do it.

I should also mention that until calendars are released in about September/October, you are going to have a hard time figuring out where to go.
Old 14 May 2009, 17:19 (Ref:2462484)   #3
JIMGOD
Racer

United Kingdom
huthwaite
JIMGOD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwar View Post
Could any one help me with contacts to marshaling in Australia next year.
My Daughter has always wanted to visit Australia (i said ok as long as we do a bit at the racetrack......)

We are looking to go in march 2010....(dependant on race callender) and would like to go to Philip Island for the World super bikes,(my 1st choice) Posibly Touring cars/pickups....and plan to do 3 weeks.
Ive never been before and appreciate the size of the country is massive compared to blightey........which is why prior planning is vital.....

Any help would be very much appreciated.......
Recently got from a very expensive Europe....perhaps the £ might fair better against the Australian $ next year......
I will PM you the email of a work colleague who goes to Australia around that time and Marshal's at Philip Island and the F1 he will be willing to help you with any information you require.
Old 16 May 2009, 08:13 (Ref:2463297)   #4
gwar
Racer

Thankyou jimgod, i will email him when back from the weekend...cheers.

I should also mention that until calendars are released in about September/October, you are going to have a hard time figuring out where to go.

Your right about that one, bludvl_x19, , my top choice is World super bikes at philip islandand is usually in march, but will have to wait for conformation later on in the year.
But after or before that we really want to do some local/club car truck racing of some kind, (whilst in rome and all that....)
My daughter has given me a list of where i,m taking her.. , which does involve a lot of driving/traveling so i guess we can plan things around that....hopefully.
Old 16 May 2009, 11:51 (Ref:2463381)   #5
Racergal
Rookie

Northern Ireland
Omagh
Racergal should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hey. I am just back from marshalling the Australian GP which was absolutely incredible, so I recommend doing that if you can squeeze it in.... they are v accomodating to UK marshals. Go on to the CAMS website for more information of who to contact if you wanna do that. Otherwise, it might be worth contacting the Victorian Flagmarshalling Team about other race meetings. Their website is www.vicflag.org.au or email Training@vicflag.org.au
Good luck!
Old 16 May 2009, 12:37 (Ref:2463401)   #6
275 GTB-4
Veteran

Australia
South of Sydney NSW, Australie
275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwar View Post
Thankyou jimgod, i will email him when back from the weekend...cheers.

Your right about that one, bludvl_x19, , my top choice is World super bikes at philip islandand is usually in march, but will have to wait for conformation later on in the year.
But after or before that we really want to do some local/club car truck racing of some kind, (whilst in rome and all that....)
My daughter has given me a list of where i,m taking her.. , which does involve a lot of driving/traveling so i guess we can plan things around that....hopefully.
gwar...let us in on the list and the travel order...that way, we can advise the best options
Old 16 May 2009, 20:52 (Ref:2463645)   #7
Andy Johns
Racer

England
Salisbury
Andy Johns should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You could also contact the BARC Chief Marshal Trevor Jackson. He goes every year, does Phillip island, The Clipsal 500 at Adelaide and the GP. Look on the BARC website for his e-mail address.
Old 17 May 2009, 08:31 (Ref:2463810)   #8
gwar
Racer

Cheers for that chaps, yes i,ll get in touch with trevor (only live 10 mins from thruxton or i,ll catch up with him at sign on some where soon.)
Travel order...yes will advise on that alittle bit nearer the date, once ive got philip island and flights booked every thing else can fall in place, with some good advice...cheers lads and lasses...
Old 17 May 2009, 08:56 (Ref:2463817)   #9
PVDA
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
PVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Just resurrect this thread once you pin things down and we'll try to help.
Old 22 May 2009, 09:34 (Ref:2466957)   #10
275 GTB-4
Veteran

Australia
South of Sydney NSW, Australie
275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by PVDA View Post
Just resurrect this thread once you pin things down and we'll try to help.
Yes,,,,, but we'll do more than try we will help!