Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 31 Mar 2003, 21:33 (Ref:554245)   #1
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Brands Camping

I need some help, I am going to the BTCC/ChampCar round at Brands and I am planing to camp. What is the set up with camping, can I just turn up and find a pitch or do I need to book?

and which site will everyone else be on?

Cheers
Old 31 Mar 2003, 21:40 (Ref:554256)   #2
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
turn up and pitch up i think, it's usually the field down the side road from the main entrace behind the hotel. usually a fiver a night for the use of a small usually flooded toilet with no light and if you're lucky a couple of showers.
Old 31 Mar 2003, 21:45 (Ref:554261)   #3
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by bella
turn up and pitch up i think, it's usually the field down the side road from the main entrace behind the hotel. usually a fiver a night for the use of a small usually flooded toilet with no light and if you're lucky a couple of showers.
I have stayed in worst places........
Old 1 Apr 2003, 15:59 (Ref:555007)   #4
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
yeah, when they still charge you a fiver and don't give you a bog let alone a shower..!
Old 30 Apr 2003, 21:06 (Ref:585617)   #5
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
I have just read on another forum that u need to pre-book your camping ticket or do I need to pre-book, or have I left it too late?
Old 1 May 2003, 06:20 (Ref:585898)   #6
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
im sure you can just turn up there . Just get there as early as possible .
Old 1 May 2003, 06:30 (Ref:585903)   #7
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
Quote:
Originally posted by Sato san
im sure you can just turn up there . Just get there as early as possible .
Looks like a silly 'o' clock start then because its an awful long drive home, if I can not find anywhere to stay...
Old 2 May 2003, 11:45 (Ref:587205)   #8
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
Try calling Brands direct to ask or visit their website
www.octagonmotorsport.co.uk
Old 2 May 2003, 11:46 (Ref:587206)   #9
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
Ooops think that should have been www.octagonmotorsport.com
Old 2 May 2003, 11:46 (Ref:587208)   #10
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
and for the last time (silly Stephen) www.octagonmotorsports.com sorry people.
Old 2 May 2003, 18:17 (Ref:587801)   #11
Snapper Baz
Race Official
Veteran

England
Las Vegas, NV. USA
Snapper Baz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnapper Baz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
After todays (Friday) rain I wish all campers the best of British luck! The field in front of the main gate was already a mess after just a few cars. Here's a tip from Baz...dress up half decent in the evenings and have a drink in the Hotel at the main gate...it seems to be over run by Americans and some of them must be drivers!
Old 2 May 2003, 18:20 (Ref:587807)   #12
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Just had a call from someone at the campsite. It's £10 for the weekend. You must camp in the designated spot and you can't car the car next to the tent, even to unpack/set-up.

And it's already very muddy.
Old 2 May 2003, 19:53 (Ref:587920)   #13
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
Quote:
Originally posted by redshoes
Just had a call from someone at the campsite. It's £10 for the weekend. You must camp in the designated spot and you can't car the car next to the tent, even to unpack/set-up.

And it's already very muddy.
Oh lovely, well we shall we what happens when I get there about 10am in the morning
Old 3 May 2003, 17:26 (Ref:588581)   #14
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Bit of a sit-rep for you - if you have a caravan or camper van you're fine as it's a bit muddy but no worse than usual. Didn't visit the camping section though so I can't advise on that.
Old 5 May 2003, 21:25 (Ref:590371)   #15
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Well I never saw half the people I expected to!!

As anyone who did camp will be aware, things were very well organised in the end. There was no real mud to worry about, there were clean loos and hot showers and even a shop on the campsite! If only they did this every time - well done Octagon!
Old 5 May 2003, 21:44 (Ref:590391)   #16
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
I was in there somewhere, but I would agree it was very well organised, but had it been a mudbath I dread to think what might have happen
Old 6 May 2003, 14:58 (Ref:591079)   #17
Maisie
Veteran

Maisie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Surprised no-one else came over to say hello. Thanks to the motorhome vs tents-only vs "family" camping (where our camper ended up to be closest to the rest of the gang in their tents) the landmark camper van was a little out on a limb. It was well organised with decent loos and warm showers, but it was a shame we couldn't all have camped together.

Were all the rest of you avoiding us, or should we make ourselves more obvious?
Old 6 May 2003, 16:15 (Ref:591177)   #18
sss
Veteran

England
life is to short, dance naked
sss should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
more obvious next time i think
Old 6 May 2003, 19:18 (Ref:591385)   #19
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Can anyone who camped confirm the pricing for us? Was it a tenner a head or a tenner a unit?
Old 6 May 2003, 19:34 (Ref:591405)   #20
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
Well there was only me in my tent and they charged me a £10 for the weekend
Old 6 May 2003, 19:35 (Ref:591408)   #21
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Are you a politician?
Old 6 May 2003, 20:01 (Ref:591458)   #22
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Tenner per person, for tents, which to be honest I don't object to paying as there were more facilities this time.

As Maisie said there were 3 sections - motorhomes, tents only and 'family'. The tents only section you couldn't take your car into, you had to carry all your gear from a few 100 yrds away. Speaking to some fellow campers they had been given various explanations for this including terrorist attacks (?!) and safety for children (although bizarrely all the children were in the family section where you COULD take cars).

Security were pretty friendly and actually stayed around all night, a change from the normal rent-a-mob goons (Oulton Park please take note). The tented area was surrounded by temporary fences, floodlights and even CCTV. The only downside was that the floodlights and associated generators stayed on all night which meant some people had problems sleeping.

Extra showers and toilets were provided and even cleaned during the day, however not all the shower cubicle had hot water.

Sainsbury had a shop set up on the site selling the essentials - beer, burgers, munchies, water pistols (?). A little more expensive that high street prices but that was to be expected.
Old 6 May 2003, 20:26 (Ref:591515)   #23
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
Quote:
Originally posted by redshoes
Extra showers and toilets were provided and even cleaned during the day, however not all the shower cubicle had hot water.
Not the one I found it had 2 settings hot or cold, and when I say hot I mean hot and cold, was very cold........
Old 6 May 2003, 21:22 (Ref:591590)   #24
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Tenner a person. Okay that's cool - just checking cos some people we spoke to paid a tenner for the unit (3 people) and was just checking we were charged right and they security weren't pocketing the difference.