Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

View Poll Results: Who's going to win it?
Lotus 3 2.27%
Rebellion 3 2.27%
Porsche 23 17.42%
Audi 59 44.70%
Toyota 44 33.33%
Voters: 132. You may not vote on this poll

Old 20 Apr 2014, 17:21 (Ref:3395870)   #751
wdave0
Veteran

United States
NY
wdave0 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridwdave0 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Fair post.
5 hours out of 6 green is far, far better than TUSCC has for their season to date (37.66 hrs) without rain! I sure wish the dollar exchange rate was better.
Old 20 Apr 2014, 17:28 (Ref:3395873)   #752
rwindle
Rookie

United States
Dallas, Texas
rwindle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This year WEC and ELMS swapped the rain-induced Red Flag ending.

Overall a good race, not an excellent one ... thumbs up to Porsche for a strong initial race ... two thumbs up to Toyota for a 1,2 finish. The LMP2 field appeared to be in disarray from my perspective compared to yesterday's ELMS P2 field, just my perspective. 5mm ride height increase made quite a difference for the Aston Martins. Audi will recover.

I don't have an issue with Race Control ending the race due to the rain creating dangerous track conditions. I've raced Production and Formula cars in torrential downpours here in middle America and track conditions can most definitely reach a point where there is no logical reason to continue ... whether you're an amateur or pro driver.
Old 20 Apr 2014, 17:28 (Ref:3395874)   #753
bentley speed 8
Veteran

Sri Lanka
bentley speed 8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbentley speed 8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by NelisB View Post
I get the idea the 458's got pretty shafted in the BOP process. Really hope they get a bit more lenient BOP for the next rounds.
I think so too, but they also had some bad luck, especially in AM (fires, penalties, etc)
Old 20 Apr 2014, 17:29 (Ref:3395875)   #754
hcl123
Veteran

hcl123 is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
I think this is going to be the standard procedure for when rain conditions are real bad... kind of wet wet lol -> Red Flag

The major problem is not being pussy or safety over concerning... its the liabilities... doesn't take much speed for someone to get hurt badly, and up until now everything went with good sport spirit, everybody knows when a driver signs in, he signs for risks for even his life... until some more upset relative starts to sue, and create jurisprudence, like air traffic control responsibles its going to be very hard on race directors...
Old 20 Apr 2014, 17:42 (Ref:3395879)   #755
seanyb505
Veteran

United States
Simpsonville, SC
seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!
Really glad I randomly woke up in time to watch, and that what I did see was mostly worth watching. While simply stating my desire for more cars on track won't resolve the issue, the track did look barren at times.

Concluding thoughts:
-Cautions looked to be handled quite excellently. For TUSC to see this but continue with their style will show they do care more about rubbin' is racing, fans love restarts, contrived race scripts, and general deaf ears to what makes sports car fans different from their typical fan base.
-The race really looked like it could favor Audi if they had made a different tire choice early on. It was sad to see both crash out, but fascinating to watch Treyuler work to get back in it. No doubt the next 7 days will be critical for them.
-Impressed with the quality of the Toyotas. They deserved this win.
-Excited for things to come from Porsche. While P1 attrition gave them a podium, there were bursts of speed that I believe will develop into a true contending outfit.
-Every time there was a GTE battle, it seemed it was only a matter of time before the 911 would make the pass. I still can't tell if this is due to car or current BOP. Maybe the 36 hours of Florida is still influencing my thoughts.
-I agree with the previous posts of the online camaraderie. Whether you paid or not felt like whether you root for Audi or Toyota. Minor disagreements, but all in all we were happy to be watching.
-Ready to do it all again in 13 days!
Old 20 Apr 2014, 17:49 (Ref:3395880)   #756
Lagunaseca_4life
Veteran

United States
Central Valley CA
Lagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So I only got to watch the second half,all three hours of it. And it was great! Bummer the audis crashed out but all the greats must fall someday.either way it was great,better than anything TUSCAR has had,way better than long beach and I was there!yes red flag sucks but at least ther was a race compared to Fuji last year. Now on to spa! Only thing is I just realized its on the tusc laguna weekend and I'll be at laguna and the hotel wifi sucks.....damn!

Congrats Toyota!
Old 20 Apr 2014, 17:51 (Ref:3395882)   #757
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by NelisB View Post
I get the idea the 458's got pretty shafted in the BOP process. Really hope they get a bit more lenient BOP for the next rounds.
Think so?

Most weight
Only car without restrictor break - which itself is smaller than others
Only car with decreased capacity in fuel tank
Only car with no apparent waivers (after the wideness rule change)

Yet the 458 still was able to pull off from the Porkies in straights. That car would win every single race it entered were there no unfortunate handicaps, Porkie and AMR have nothing for it

Aston Martin crying about the BoP change in ride height is funny considering they're now running on the same level as EVERYBODY ELSE, not in extra luxury as usually. Feels funky being equal (in one area) for a change, buddy? But I'm sure their rioting and sandbagging will pay off with the committee prior Le Mans...

Last edited by Deleted; 20 Apr 2014 at 17:58.
Old 20 Apr 2014, 17:52 (Ref:3395884)   #758
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
Only consolation for Audi today was fastest race lap. Car is undoubtedly quick in the dry, but strategy and mistakes--be it driver error, car set up issues, or a mix of both--killed their day.

Hopefully the get things right in Spa.

Common thread so far: if a race has been rain shortened, a Toyota has won. I wonder if they'll be doing a rain dance this year, because they're like Jeff Burton was in NASCAR--when a race was shortened by rain, like Jeff, Toyota has been in the right place at the right time. But today they did get there by performance to position themselves to be at the right place at the right time.

And for the first time ever, Toyota are leading the manufacturer's title race, though this season is only one race old and it's a long season.
Old 20 Apr 2014, 18:14 (Ref:3395889)   #759
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I hope that Audi will communicate about their issues because it's the first they lose all their cars by themselves. No Ferrari, no Peugeot for a help.
Old 20 Apr 2014, 18:19 (Ref:3395892)   #760
MyNameIsNigel
Veteran

Switzerland
Lake Geneva Area
MyNameIsNigel has a real shot at the podium!MyNameIsNigel has a real shot at the podium!MyNameIsNigel has a real shot at the podium!MyNameIsNigel has a real shot at the podium!
Congrats to Toyota. A solid race and fully deserved 1-2 finish. Well done to Porsche for their first podium. A shame that we did not get a chance to see the Audis fight longer at the front. The pace was promising. Hard work ahead in order to build the new cars for Spa.
Old 20 Apr 2014, 18:21 (Ref:3395893)   #761
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
While it lasted, there was a good scrap up front between Audi and Toyota. If Spa is a dry race, with the pace being good for all three cars and with the close racing between Audi and Toyota, should Porsche come on song, the sprint races in dry weather with a clean race could be serious contests.
Old 20 Apr 2014, 18:23 (Ref:3395896)   #762
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Cautions looked to be handled quite excellently. For TUSC to see this but continue with their style will show they do care more about rubbin' is racing, fans love restarts, contrived race scripts, and general deaf ears to what makes sports car fans different from their typical fan base.
Well, there is this:

Quote:
alex wurz ‏@alex_wurz 3h
Well well, the safety car now took the slim chance to get leaders. So focus shifts to secure P2 and obviously hope the sister car stays P1
The one Toyota got shafted pretty badly by the SC for Treluyer's accident and lost a lap... not a big deal as they didn't lose a place and it was between team mates anyway, but had this been between cars from different manufacturers and maybe something of a tighter battle, I think some people would've been very unhappy about the lack of a waveby.
Old 20 Apr 2014, 18:34 (Ref:3395900)   #763
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
About Tréluyer, it seems that the rear left wheel had slippered on the wet border of the track as he was braking.
Benoît said that he possibly made a mistake but was surprised by the unusual reaction of the car.
About Di Grassi, his car went off on a rather wet surface.
Old 20 Apr 2014, 18:38 (Ref:3395902)   #764
lms
Veteran

lms should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwindle View Post
The LMP2 field appeared to be in disarray from my perspective compared to yesterday's ELMS P2 field, just my perspective.
speaking of lmp2 what the hell happened to the field? just a couple season ago nearly 1/3 if the field were lmp2 in both wec and elms. anyway. it was a good race.
Old 20 Apr 2014, 18:41 (Ref:3395904)   #765
MoMedic9019
Veteran

United States
Wauwatosa, WI
MoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holt View Post
Not sure if serious
100% serious.
“We’re trying to close the doors without embarrassing ourselves, the France family and embarrassing (the) Grand American Series,” he said in the deposition. “There is no money. There is no purse. There’s nothing.”
Old 20 Apr 2014, 18:42 (Ref:3395905)   #766
ger80
Veteran

Germany
Birmingham
ger80 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by lms View Post
speaking of lmp2 what the hell happened to the field? just a couple season ago nearly 1/3 if the field were lmp2 in both wec and elms. anyway. it was a good race.
and now the majority is in ELMS - just cheaper to run I think
Old 20 Apr 2014, 18:52 (Ref:3395910)   #767
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
LMS is a continental championship--smaller area to travel, less difficulty with customs within the EU, less logistics to worry about, and thus cheaper for smaller teams.
Old 20 Apr 2014, 18:53 (Ref:3395912)   #768
TheNo1F1Fan
Veteran

Denmark
TheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Finally Makowiecki won that race. Woohoo!
Old 20 Apr 2014, 18:57 (Ref:3395917)   #769
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Surprised there's even a debate about the race being called off - I guess TV pictures didn't do it justice. There was a ridiculous amount of standing water even on the racing line on the pit straight.

It was incredibly hairy driving home as well - took me over an hour to get home when it's normally a 35 minute job.
Old 20 Apr 2014, 19:00 (Ref:3395918)   #770
Bandicoot17
Veteran

United Kingdom
Birmingham
Bandicoot17 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
Surprised there's even a debate about the race being called off - I guess TV pictures didn't do it justice. There was a ridiculous amount of standing water even on the racing line on the pit straight.

It was incredibly hairy driving home as well - took me over an hour to get home when it's normally a 35 minute job.
Yeah the motorway home visibility was insanely poor.
Got back to the car park and it was ankle deep by my car, I imagine there would have been a few areas on the track like that.

Toyota's car looked the best racecar to me, great off the corners and faster than the Audi, but didn't seem to lose too much in maggotts/becketts area.
Old 20 Apr 2014, 19:00 (Ref:3395919)   #771
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Well done Toyota, for an Audi-like performance. Great to see the 8 finally come good! This program looks to have finally come of age...I hope they don't pull out after hitting targets this season.

The Porsche is a beautiful machine, and I'm not sure how much better the #20's day could have been. A near faultless race, and possibly the only factory car not to have spun at some point?

GTE entertained as ever...

Massive thumbs up to the new rules, and a massive thumbs down to both the weather and Audi. Together they robbed us of a potential classic.

Plenty of promise in that opening race though!
Old 20 Apr 2014, 19:20 (Ref:3395924)   #772
ger80
Veteran

Germany
Birmingham
ger80 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandicoot17 View Post
Yeah the motorway home visibility was insanely poor.
Got back to the car park and it was ankle deep by my car, I imagine there would have been a few areas on the track like that.

Toyota's car looked the best racecar to me, great off the corners and faster than the Audi, but didn't seem to lose too much in maggotts/becketts area.
sounds like the rain we have in Brum now...
I watched the last part of the race on TV and it didnt really look that bad, so must be the pictures.
Old 20 Apr 2014, 19:24 (Ref:3395927)   #773
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
As far as Audi are concerned, sometimes the old saying of s... happens comes true for everyone. You can only draw from the luck bank for so long before you have to make a deposit or pay the piper.

If this was a dry and clean race, it could've been a real showdown probably.
Old 20 Apr 2014, 19:30 (Ref:3395930)   #774
Bandicoot17
Veteran

United Kingdom
Birmingham
Bandicoot17 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ger80 View Post
sounds like the rain we have in Brum now...
I watched the last part of the race on TV and it didnt really look that bad, so must be the pictures.
Yeah I'm on the outskirts of Brum and it was pretty much consistent the whole way back. Terrible weather.
It never does look as bad on the pictures!!
Old 20 Apr 2014, 19:31 (Ref:3395932)   #775
Starfish Primer
Veteran

Spain
A Spaniard in Milton Keynes
Starfish Primer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStarfish Primer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStarfish Primer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Some great pics:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/lemanslive