Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > National & Club Racing

Old 11 May 2006, 08:02 (Ref:1605703)   #1
graeme
Veteran

United Kingdom
Macclesfield
graeme should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Cheap races at Cadwell

...on bank holiday Monday - http://www.motorsportvision.co.uk/resources/msvr/ Anyone else competing?
Old 11 May 2006, 09:27 (Ref:1605814)   #2
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Why are they pegging these at 3000cc don't seem fair to me.
Old 11 May 2006, 10:14 (Ref:1605850)   #3
graeme
Veteran

United Kingdom
Macclesfield
graeme should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Didn't we have this with the Brands MSVR races? If you're interested in entering, why not give 'em a call and see if it can be waived (although I know Cadwell have a CC limit for single seaters...)
Old 11 May 2006, 10:18 (Ref:1605855)   #4
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
Have a word with Tristan Harris and ask, he might be able to help Al?
Old 11 May 2006, 16:44 (Ref:1606087)   #5
greenamex2
Veteran

England
Hertfordshire
greenamex2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Weyman
Why are they pegging these at 3000cc don't seem fair to me.
Sounds OK to me
Old 11 May 2006, 17:37 (Ref:1606122)   #6
big andy
Veteran

United Kingdom
doncaster
big andy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbig andy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
ill be there in the upto 1400cc class
Old 11 May 2006, 18:13 (Ref:1606143)   #7
DriversKnow
Racer

European Union
Staffordshire
DriversKnow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm going to give my Ginetta a go. I haven't raced at Cadwell for eight years, but I still think its the best circuit in the country.
Old 11 May 2006, 18:23 (Ref:1606149)   #8
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Bassom
Sounds OK to me
It may be nearly 5.8 litres but there is a lot of baggage to carry around, nothing the crowd like better than a David & Goliath race.
Old 11 May 2006, 18:47 (Ref:1606167)   #9
nyssa7
Racer

nyssa7 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
They let me run a 2000 turbo at Brands even though there wasn't really a class for it. They want to get numbers out there, so if they can accommodate you, they probably will
Old 11 May 2006, 19:35 (Ref:1606206)   #10
big andy
Veteran

United Kingdom
doncaster
big andy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbig andy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
al
just spoke to some bloke at msv theres no upper limit so you have no excuse get your entry in ,this is really good value 60mins of track time for £150 and at the best track in the country
Old 11 May 2006, 19:41 (Ref:1606214)   #11
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
I know there is'nt in the sports and Gts but I would prefer to enter in the saloons, those Mosler's(?) that entered at Brands are just a bit too quick for me
Old 11 May 2006, 19:42 (Ref:1606219)   #12
big andy
Veteran

United Kingdom
doncaster
no limit in saloons al honest
Old 11 May 2006, 19:50 (Ref:1606232)   #13
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Thats good news if they do anymore of these but I have just checked and I am hoping to do Brands with the CTRCC on the Sunday (big Historic meeting that looks good) and although I could take a different car on the Monday, (thats if my parts arrive in time of course) I would be knackered for a week, took me two days to recover from Thruxton! Seems to take it out of you a lot more as you get older but I will try to catch one of these if there is anymore on offer.
Old 11 May 2006, 22:12 (Ref:1606432)   #14
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
Hope to say hi at Brands then Al and give Tristan a call at MSV, he would love to take your entry money I'm sure
Old 11 May 2006, 22:22 (Ref:1606442)   #15
R59
Veteran

Heard and McDonald Islands
Bedfordshire
R59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This is very very very very very very very tempting.

Me being a lover of Cadwell and all that.

As Michael Willis (former BRSCC Super Road Saloon Champion, and one time Hillclimber/Sprinter) said "Cadwell? Not a boys circuit. No. Not a boys circtuit"

Could I get all four wheels of the Belmont off the ground over the mountain?
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm would it be ready in time.

Denis, are you going then?

Rob.
Old 12 May 2006, 07:17 (Ref:1606719)   #16
COLIN STUBBS
Veteran

United Kingdom
Louth.Thats the one near Cadwell
COLIN STUBBS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
yea stop over Denis and ill treat you to fish n chips.....
Old 12 May 2006, 07:32 (Ref:1606732)   #17
greenamex2
Veteran

England
Hertfordshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by COLIN STUBBS
yea stop over Denis and ill treat you to fish n chips.....
Not sure what we are doing yet. Will be there Saturday night for our race on Sunday. Given the catasrophe that was Mallory I don't think I can risk/justify additional races just yet.

Any luck with your current problems?
Old 12 May 2006, 11:21 (Ref:1606915)   #18
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Dennis has a good point there and one that I think should be addressed by clubs in circumstances like this and when we enter two races on a day like I did at Snett but failed in the first practice so did'nt race in either! I would like to see a facility that if you genuinely could not make the second race for mechanical failures etc that you get a full refund. Obviously this would only work if the grid did not have reserves, maybe an extra tenner or whatever insurance should be available should you not make the race, I mean you have it with holiday insurance and I am sure the risk is assessable.

Likewise on the day if the grid is not full and al has gone well with your first race then you can pay and race in the second race. I know all this about insurance blah de blah but surely if you are entered for the first race a provision could be made available. We are talking about filling grids here and the key word should be flexibility. Worst way we pay the track insurance part of the second entry in advance (non refundable) as an option to race should we want to that way no one looses out.

Last edited by Al Weyman; 12 May 2006 at 11:26.
Old 12 May 2006, 11:59 (Ref:1606943)   #19
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Look forward to meeting you at Brands Stephen it looks like a great meeting, hopefully in a relaxed and casual manner not pulling me out of the gravel or worse. If I don't make the grid I will still be there although I have just found out me bits are on the way, all down to customs now so hopefully I will get one or other car out.
Old 12 May 2006, 12:04 (Ref:1606948)   #20
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Great stuff Al, will look you up in the paddock
Old 12 May 2006, 12:25 (Ref:1606968)   #21
Redracer77
Veteran

Redracer77 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I am thinking of doing in my F4 if I get an good indication of a good grid size for single seaters
Old 12 May 2006, 13:35 (Ref:1607029)   #22
greenamex2
Veteran

England
Hertfordshire
Al, I actually had just this happen at a BRSCC meeting at Brands once.

I entered for a second race but blew my engine up in the practice for the first race (forgot to turn my Accusump on). They tore up the cheque for the second one.

A nice gesture and cheered me up a bit after blowing (another) championship and a couple of grand.
Old 12 May 2006, 14:05 (Ref:1607053)   #23
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
I must admit Dennis I did not ask but I doubt they would have.

The worst thing like that I had happen and I must say this really peed me off. I was racing at Cadwell in the Mod Prods heyday and I only managed two and half laps of practice. So because of this they bumped me to the back of the reserve and there were 4 or 5 of those. Anyhow come the race I am down to last reserve with attrition so they said I can do the warm up lap and if anyone falls off I can start the race but if not I must pull into the pit lane.

Obviously no one fell off and I tell you I have never been more tempted to stick two fingers up and blast off but somehow I held my cool and pulled off. The crowd went mental as they all wanted to see the black beasty perform so I lost out and so did the crowd.

And you know the two things that really got me, (1) I was actually running the club and started the thing and had put in many unpaid hours and (2) if I had just been a reserve I would have qualified for some money back, this way I got nothing. One of the reasons I am not too keen on Cadwell as every time I have been there I seem to upset some jobsworth or other. Oh and the irony was there was a crash on the first corner and several went off anyhow!

Dennis convert that Accusump to automatic like mine, you can't forget it then!

Last edited by Al Weyman; 12 May 2006 at 14:07.
Old 12 May 2006, 18:46 (Ref:1607292)   #24
greenamex2
Veteran

England
Hertfordshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Weyman
Dennis convert that Accusump to automatic like mine, you can't forget it then!
Even simpler solution, it gets turned on after the first startup of the season, and turned after the last race of the season. That way we don't have worry about broken wires, blown fuses, stuck valves, flat batteries etc etc etc.

Also my engine builder has been experimenting with oil surge on some top secret high G wet sumped engines. As some other people on this forum have suggested the solution has been fuel tank baffle foam. This would save me a good couple of kilos of gubbins as well.
Old 13 May 2006, 07:27 (Ref:1607653)   #25
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Trouble is you do not then get the pre-oiling facility, I simply turn on the ignition, wait till the oil pressure guage rises and hit the start button,