Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 6 Nov 2006, 14:48 (Ref:1759070)   #1
maria durango
Rookie

maria durango should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
hello gp2 fans

hello

i am new to Durango and was recommended this site by a friend of the team. We are looking at brancing out our profile as it has become clear we aren't promoting ourselves strong enough outside of Italy.

After looking through this site your comments are well informed, so i would be interested to hear your opinions on Durango as a team ie. what do you think when you hear the name Durango? What would heighten your interest in the team? What do you think about the info and communication we put out to the press?

Out of interest we are always open to suggestions for up and coming drivers and improvements to our marketing, so if you have anything you would like to tell us, please let me know.

Looking forward to reading your replies!

Maria x
Old 6 Nov 2006, 14:57 (Ref:1759078)   #2
Alex K
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
Alex K has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
If you're writing in a name of Durango what's your name :

IMHO you've got everything apart of good driver. I've a lot of respect to you since Jarek Wierczuk's times, keep doing a good job, do not sell an entry or withdrawn.

Good luck next year.

Last edited by Alex K; 6 Nov 2006 at 14:59.
Old 6 Nov 2006, 15:08 (Ref:1759081)   #3
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Also make sure that press@ten-tenths.com is on your mailing list for press releases as they will be added to our Press Release forum and also our Parc Ferme news site.
Old 6 Nov 2006, 22:11 (Ref:1759469)   #4
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by maria durango
After looking through this site your comments are well informed, so i would be interested to hear your opinions on Durango as a team ie. what do you think when you hear the name Durango? What would heighten your interest in the team? What do you think about the info and communication we put out to the press?

Out of interest we are always open to suggestions for up and coming drivers and improvements to our marketing, so if you have anything you would like to tell us, please let me know.
When I hear the name Durango, I though about a Mexican state, and wonder if the name was taken from that place. About Durango as a team, I ever has the feeling that they were equal to "Minardi" in F3000/GP2 scheme, being a small team with a lot of inner effort to do their best, and doing some landmarks during its extense career. Ayari and Pantano days were clearly among the best of your team.
One item that gave me curiosity about the team ever has a lot of small sponsors on the cars, specially about one that is on the cockpit area, that never could know the real name: "Civtemp", "Evtend", "Cvtend"...
Do Durango still have "junior teams" on F. Renault 2000 or other scholarship series?
Old 6 Nov 2006, 22:16 (Ref:1759476)   #5
Go_For_Pole
Veteran

Greece
Athens, Greece
Go_For_Pole should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGo_For_Pole should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yes they do, I believe all the way down to F.Azzura

When I hear Durango, I think of a small team with a lot of passion that always sticked to F3000 no matter how difficult the times. The Minardi comparison does not do them much justice, ok GP2 hasn't done them many favours but they will find their way.
Old 7 Nov 2006, 02:36 (Ref:1759612)   #6
DanFlag
Veteran

Canada
Montréal, Québec, Canada
DanFlag should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDanFlag should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
When I hear or read the name Durango, I can't stop myself of thinking about my friend Bertrand Godin and that White/Yellow car with the Rolling Stones logo;

To me Durango means toughness, endurance. The name itself in french language is close to words such as dur (strong), durable (lastable).

I dont know why but I keep referring to a stallion in my mind when I think of Durango. Like if I automatically associate the name with something noble.
Old 9 Nov 2006, 22:17 (Ref:1762074)   #7
karimbo
Veteran

Canada
Montreal, Canada
karimbo has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
The Durango name sounds to me, of course, like the name of the Mexican state. There is also a cheap wine liquor named after Durango.

But the name doesn't matter, why? Because a name is just what you make of it: Ferrari commes from "ferro" which means "iron" in italian. "Ferraro" is the man who collects "scrap metal". Ferrari is also a dream that looks like a car.

What does BMW mean ? Bob Marley and the Wailers ?According to Bob Marley, yes... Or is it Bayerische Motoren Werke ? Three letters: BMW, can you call this a name ? What do you see when you hear these 3 letters B-M-W ? Perfect German engineering maybe.

Mercedes Benz is the name of Carl Benz's little girl. He also named the first car he built with his friend Otto Daimler Mercedes. The rest is history...

How can you make Durango better ?? Easy, since GP2 cars have all the same chassi/engine/tyre combination, what REALLY makes the difference is the track engineer and the driver. A good track engineer and a bad driver won't do nothing for you. But an average engineer with a very talented driver could do miracles.

My advice is don't hire a driver for the money he brings or the who is father is. Michael Schumacher, Fernando Alonso are drivers that arrived where they are only through their talent. There are many like that in karting. They just need a chance.

Last edited by karimbo; 9 Nov 2006 at 22:22.