Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 25 Dec 2007, 15:27 (Ref:2094752)   #1
helgi
Veteran

Russian Federation
Sergiev Posad, Moscow Region, Russian Fe
helgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridhelgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridhelgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Belgium Touring Car Series

Need your help.Who knows something about this series? I think,it's very interesting.Silhouettes(BMW,Peugeot,Jaguar,Renault,Audi),touring cars..
Old 25 Dec 2007, 16:01 (Ref:2094755)   #2
Eddy V
Veteran

Belgium
Belgium & UK
Eddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridEddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It is actually not too bad at all if you like endurance racing.
They usually run short endurances for them. But it is not only Silhouette type cars, any normal saloon may enter the championship.
Me, I don't follow it that much, but it is heaps better than Belcar.

Some years ago they tried to run a real national championship for them, but intrest was always low, so it got canned. Some bright club picked up where the national MSA failed and allowed them in their endurance championship. Slowly it picked up and if I recall well they run about 18 to 20 V6 Silhouette cars.

LINK
Old 25 Dec 2007, 16:43 (Ref:2094760)   #3
helgi
Veteran

Russian Federation
helgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridhelgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridhelgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Thanks!!!So,participants of Renault Megane Cup can use their cars in Belgium Series.And the car from ROC"07 (Solution,as far as I remember) is used there too.Well,it's more and more interesting.It looks like a variant of VLN..
Old 25 Dec 2007, 18:45 (Ref:2094769)   #4
Eddy V
Veteran

Belgium
Belgium & UK
Eddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridEddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes, the Megane Cup racers could run their car there. But they would be far too slow, as the ones running in the championship are already highly modified. But the teams deny that.
No Porsches or so either, they are keeping GT's out as of this year.
Old 26 Dec 2007, 03:32 (Ref:2094890)   #5
helgi
Veteran

Russian Federation
And the technical regulations are frozen for two years. I'll try to bring some news from Poirot's Motherland here
Old 28 Dec 2007, 11:37 (Ref:2095705)   #6
werner
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam, the Netherlands
werner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridwerner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
For GT's the Belgians have Belcar, wich will run GT-3/GT4 regulations in 1 or 2 years. Athough it's not only a matter of GT's versus touringcars/silhouettes, but also there is the languagething; Belcar is mostly Flamisch, and BTCS is more Wallonian. At least that is the impression I get from reading Dutch motorsportwebsites and visiting a Belgian circuit once or twice a year.
The BTCS have 1 very big advantage on every serie in Europe: they race most of their races at Spa-Francorchamps...
Old 28 Dec 2007, 17:04 (Ref:2095850)   #7
Eddy V
Veteran

Belgium
Belgium & UK
Werner, language wise BTCS isn't that French anymore, more and more Flemish speaking teams are involved in the championship as Belcar has become far too expensive for them.
BTCS is going the same wrong way, but is still a lot more interesting. Races are sort of evenly spread out now between Zolder and Spa (bar the 12 hour event) and the odd trips to France.
Old 28 Dec 2007, 18:12 (Ref:2095882)   #8
helgi
Veteran

Russian Federation
2008 events:
13 April Zolder
4 May Dijon
21 June Heures de Spa
12 July Heures VW Fun Cup
21 September Spa
19 October FIA GT+BTCS+Belcar (Zolder)
Old 3 Jan 2008, 19:31 (Ref:2098803)   #9
helgi
Veteran

Russian Federation
There are some Renault Megane Trophy in 'Endurance' specification in the new 24H Series. The first event is held at Dubai circuit on 10-12 January. There'll be new CR-8 Audi too.
Old 14 Apr 2008, 10:19 (Ref:2177027)   #10
helgi
Veteran

Russian Federation
There was first event yesterday.I know there were BMW on the first row, but what was there in the race? who can tell about it in a few words?
Besides, it there any FFSA (series, where Peugeot 407 Silhouete competes in) site? I know only Superseries FFSA site, but the navigation there isn't good enough, and it's a touring series.
Thanks!!!
Old 14 Apr 2008, 16:46 (Ref:2177348)   #11
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Results race 1
Results race 2

The French silhouette series doesn't exist anymore.
Old 14 Apr 2008, 19:16 (Ref:2177458)   #12
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
duke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridduke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE
The French silhouette series doesn't exist anymore.
So does France have any sort of touring car racing now? I imagine a FTCC could be viable ...
Old 14 Apr 2008, 19:16 (Ref:2177459)   #13
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
duke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridduke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Double post, please ignore.

Last edited by duke_toaster; 14 Apr 2008 at 19:20.
Old 14 Apr 2008, 20:49 (Ref:2177526)   #14
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by duke_toaster
So does France have any sort of touring car racing now? I imagine a FTCC could be viable ...
I don't know
Old 15 Apr 2008, 21:20 (Ref:2178353)   #15
werner
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam, the Netherlands
werner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridwerner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Their main series is the GT-series, inwitch still some GT1-cars compete. So much attention goes there, that there won't be much left for whatever touringcarseries they might have.
A few years ago I know they indeed had a silhouetteserie, but that must have been boring, since all the races where won by peugeot with a mile, and in the Peugeot it was Soheil Ayari who won 90% of the races.
Old 16 Apr 2008, 16:42 (Ref:2179043)   #16
martinparsons
Racer

martinparsons should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by helgi
who can tell about it in a few words?

Thanks!!!
I cannot tell you what went on in the race as i could only see my bit of track in front of me, but 10 minutes before the end of race 1 the heavens opened for heavy rain, great for a whole field on slicks, you have never seen so many cars frightened to brake or turn the wheel

Any other Brits competing in Belgium on 10/10ths ??? Say hello.

MP