Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 16 Apr 2014, 13:33 (Ref:3393305)   #301
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectator View Post
BBC southeast regional news are doing a bit about Rallycross at Lydden tonight in their 18.30 programme for those of you who are able to receive it
Now available on BBC iPlayer:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode...2014/?t=22m55s

(This link should take you straight to the rallycross feature, if it doesn't then skip to 22:55)
Old 18 Apr 2014, 19:20 (Ref:3394635)   #302
schanche
Veteran

England
5OUTH E4ST
schanche should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Recently been told that Tickets for the Erc lydden is only online ticket purchase? Any ideas only a friend is inquiring, and how much are the pit entry
Old 18 Apr 2014, 20:23 (Ref:3394670)   #303
rs 200
Racer

rs 200 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Pay for pits ,did this stupid idea go ahead then ,if so that's it then it will all be pay again British /euro round etc
Old 18 Apr 2014, 20:59 (Ref:3394687)   #304
The Eye
Racer

Sweden
Sweden
The Eye should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I do not know how it is at other ERX/WRX courses but in Höljes it usually cost 100 sek/10euro to enter the pits. It has done so for years.
Old 21 Apr 2014, 11:34 (Ref:3396164)   #305
Pozi
Racer

Pozi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by schanche View Post
Recently been told that Tickets for the Erc lydden is only online ticket purchase? Any ideas only a friend is inquiring, and how much are the pit entry
I am wondering the same.

The commentator at the British Rallycross round earlier in the year did mention if might become online ticket only but I was hoping that was just a marketing ploy to boost sales.

Last edited by Pozi; 21 Apr 2014 at 11:49.
Old 22 Apr 2014, 08:08 (Ref:3396544)   #306
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Not been near a computer for the last few days, so a few snippets to add to the thread...

Eric Faren confirmed as moving to Supercars, running the ex-Hvaal DS3:

http://www.rallycrossworld.com/2014/...ycross-events/

Five rounds planned for him; Lydden, Norway, Finland, Sweden and France.

Coox confirmed for Round 2:

http://erc24.com/archives/17492

I thought his Scirocco looked fantastic in action at Round 1 of the British Championship, so great to see it back at Lydden again.

New Petter Solberg blog up on ERC24.com:

http://erc24.com/archives/17477

Not a huge amount of content, but it does contain the first picture of his 2014 car...

...and I see there is a picture of his truck doing his rounds on the internet as well:

I personally thought his car was one of the best looking things on the grid last year, so I'm not convinced on the new look: I shall reserve judgement for when the full livery is revealed though!

I believe the official press launch for the Championship is tomorrow, so I wonder if we will learn anything else new?
Old 22 Apr 2014, 10:06 (Ref:3396593)   #307
schanche
Veteran

England
5OUTH E4ST
schanche should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pozi View Post
I am wondering the same.

The commentator at the British Rallycross round earlier in the year did mention if might become online ticket only but I was hoping that was just a marketing ploy to boost sales.
I have asked Lydden Hill the Question and as of yet heard nothing
Old 22 Apr 2014, 12:34 (Ref:3396675)   #308
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbtstt View Post
Coox confirmed for Round 2:

I thought his Scirocco looked fantastic in action at Round 1 of the British Championship, so great to see it back at Lydden again.
Excellent news - I was sad to see the Skoda go but the Scirocco is a great replacement and adds a bit more variety to the grid.

Quote:
Not a huge amount of content, but it does contain the first picture of his 2014 car...

I personally thought his car was one of the best looking things on the grid last year, so I'm not convinced on the new look: I shall reserve judgement for when the full livery is revealed though!
just goes to show how opinions differ - I thought Petters car looked hideous last year! I'm not a fan of the matt black or carbon look as a base colour. Hopefully the LD DS3s will have a proper scheme on them next time we see them rather than the rather shoddy look they ran with at Lydden.

Quote:
Originally Posted by schanche View Post
I have asked Lydden Hill the Question and as of yet heard nothing
I was going to ask the question of them too - has anyone actually used the online ticket process for Lydden yet? It all looks a bit cheap and cheerful.
Old 22 Apr 2014, 14:40 (Ref:3396742)   #309
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
just goes to show how opinions differ - I thought Petters car looked hideous last year! I'm not a fan of the matt black or carbon look as a base colour. Hopefully the LD DS3s will have a proper scheme on them next time we see them rather than the rather shoddy look they ran with at Lydden.
Ha, no accounting for taste! I'm a sucker for anything matt black and/or carbon fibre; the Solberg car ticked both of those boxes. I wonder if Bruce Lee is back for 2014?

On a related note I thought the "naked" Marklund Motorsport Polos...

...looked far better than the livery the cars eventually got.
Old 22 Apr 2014, 20:04 (Ref:3396895)   #310
bigdick1977
Racer

England
Swindon
bigdick1977 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looks like TT is staying with Hansen for another season.

https://www.facebook.com/OlsbergsMse...854467/?type=1

Where will Jeanney end up? With Doran in the Monster team?
Old 23 Apr 2014, 08:12 (Ref:3397094)   #311
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdick1977 View Post
Looks like TT is staying with Hansen for another season.

https://www.facebook.com/OlsbergsMse...854467/?type=1
Good spot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdick1977 View Post
Where will Jeanney end up? With Doran in the Monster team?
I didn't think Jeanney was running the World Rallycross Championship in 2014? This status was posted to his Facebook a couple of weeks ago:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davy Jeanney Facebook Page
After a long wait I'm announcing that I'm not going to take part to a full season of this first World Rallycross Championship. Some surprise are coming for the 2014 season in preparation of the future.
Stay connected!!

Après une longue attente je vous annonce que je ne participerai pas Ã* une saison complète de ce premier championnat du monde de rallycross. Plusieurs surprises restent Ã* venir pour cette saison 2014 en préparation pour le futur.
Restez en ligne!
I had wondered who Dorans team mate might be. Following the Monster connection is it possible that it might be Danny Way?

I also wondered where LDM are getting the fourth car from. Is there a fourth DS3 behind the scenes? Does LDM still have the C4? (I know it was for sale last year, did it sell?) Or could the fourth car be coming via Prodrive?...
Old 23 Apr 2014, 08:43 (Ref:3397102)   #312
rx-guru
Veteran

European Union
Western Lower Rhine area of Germany
rx-guru should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
For a WRX team the two cars must be of the same make and model.
Old 23 Apr 2014, 09:14 (Ref:3397109)   #313
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by rx-guru View Post
For a WRX team the two cars must be of the same make and model.
Cheers for the clarification Guru. So LDM will need to find/build another DS3 then?

First few pictures trickle out from the Media day...

(LDM FB)

(Rallycross World FB)

(Petter Solberg FB)

Last edited by tbtstt; 23 Apr 2014 at 09:24.
Old 23 Apr 2014, 10:44 (Ref:3397126)   #314
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Forgive the double post, but more news trickles out from Italy; Mattias Ekstrom's EKS World Rallycross team will run a pair of Audi S1's at select World RX rounds:

http://www.rallycrossrx.com/article/...he-latest-team
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/113611

Another FB snap from the press day:

(Jerome Grosset-Janin FB)

Rallycross World confirm permanent driver line ups for World Rallycross:
http://www.rallycrossworld.com/2014/...ers-confirmed/

With the press releases thus far I think that leaves us here (please tell me what I've missed)...

Petter Solberg - Citroen DS3 (PSRX) (WorldRX)
Alexander Hvall - Citroen DS3 (PSRX) (WorldRX)
Andreas Bakkerud - Ford Fiesta (Olsberg MSE) (WorldRX)
Reinis Nitišs - Ford Fiesta (Olsberg MSE) (WorldRX)
Liam Doran - Citroen DS3 (Monster Energy World RX Team) (WorldRX)
Krzysztof Skorupski - Citroen DS3 (Monster Energy World RX Team) (WorldRX)
Derek Tohill - Citroen DS3 (LD Motorsport World RX Team) (WorldRX)
Timmy Hansen - Peugeot 208 (Hansen Motorsport) (WorldRX)
Timur Timerzyanov - Peugeot 208 (Hansen Motorsport) (WorldRX)
Toomas Heikkinen - Volkswagen Polo (Marklund Motorsport) (WorldRX)
Anton Marklund - Volkswagen Polo (Marklund Motorsport) (WorldRX)
Rene Munnich - Audi A3 (Munnich Motorsport) (WorldRX)
Peter Hedstrom - Skoda Fabia (Hedstrom Motorsport) (WorldRX)
Andy Scott - Peugeot 208 (Albatec Racing) (WorldRX)
Jacques Villeneuve - Peugeot 208 (Albatec Racing) (WorldRX except R2)
Jos Jansen - Ford Focus (JJ Racing) (WorldRX)
Bohdan Ludwiczak - Ford Fiesta (?) (WorldRX)
Ramona Karlsson - Saab 93 (Eklund Motorsport) (EuroRX/Select WorldRX?)
Henning Solberg - Saab 93 (Eklund Motorsport) (EuroRX/Select WorldRX?)
Lukas Walfridson - Renault Clio (Helmia Motorsport) (EuroRX/Select WorldRX)
Tord Linnerud - Renault Clio (Helmia Motorsport) (EuroRX/Select WorldRX)
Pedro Matos - Citroen DS3 (EuroRX/Select WorldRX)
Mats Öhman - Citroen DS3 (?) (EuroRX/Select WorldRX)
Emil Öhman - Citroen DS3 (?) (EuroRX/Select WorldRX)
Jérôme Grosset-Janin - Renault Clio (Chanoine Competition) (EuroRX/Select WorldRX)
Frode Holte - Hyundai i20 (Frode Holte Motorsport) (?)
Mattias Ekström - Audi S1 (EKS) (Select WorldRX)
Pontus Tidemand - Audi S1 (EKS) (Select WorldRX)
Robin Larsson - Audi A1 (Larsson Jernberg Racing) (Select WorldRX)
Johan Kristoffersson - Volkswagen Polo (Kristoffersson Motorsport) (Select WorldRX)
Ole Christian Veiby - Volkswagen Polo (Kristoffersson Motorsport) (Select WorldRX)
Eric Faren - Citroen DS3 (?) (Select WorldRX)
Jochen Coox - Volkswagen Scirocco (Select WorldRX)
Andrew Jordan - Ford Fiesta (Olsberg MSE) (Select WorldRX)
Tanner Foust - Volkswagen Polo (Marklund Motorsport) (Select WorldRX)
Ken Block - Ford Fiesta? (Hoonigan Racing?) (Select WorldRX)
Patrik Sandell - Ford Fiesta (Olsberg MSE) (Select WorldRX?)
Tommy Rustad - Volvo C30 (Nyborg Motorsport) (Select WorldRX/EuroRX?)
Fredrik Tiger - Ford Focus (Select WorldRX/EuroRX?)
Guerlain Chicherit - MINI Countryman (Prodrive) (Select WorldRX?)
Michaël De Keersmaecker - Ford Fiesta? (?) (Select WorldRX?)
Guttorm Lindefjell - ?
? - Citroen DS3 (Monster Energy World RX Team) (WorldRX)
? - Skoda Fabia (Hedstrom Motorsport)

Looking like we could have some decent Supercar numbers at some rounds this year!

Last edited by tbtstt; 23 Apr 2014 at 11:12.
Old 23 Apr 2014, 16:21 (Ref:3397324)   #315
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
So 15 fulltime WRX entries.
Old 24 Apr 2014, 06:09 (Ref:3397572)   #316
mivec
Racer

Belgium
Belgium
mivec should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I had wondered who Dorans team mate might be. Following the Monster connection is it possible that it might be Danny Way?

I also wondered where LDM are getting the fourth car from. Is there a fourth DS3 behind the scenes? Does LDM still have the C4? (I know it was for sale last year, did it sell?) Or could the fourth car be coming via Prodrive?...
In a press release some weeks ago: Tohill and Skorupski will join the "LD Motorsports World RX Team.
They also told that LD Motorsports staffs and runs two separate teams, the "LD Motorsports World RX Team" and the "Monster Energy World RX Team".

And now Skorupski is in the other team, the "Monster Energy World RX Team".
A late withdrawn in the "Monster Energy World RX Team" from another "to be anounced" driver?
Old 24 Apr 2014, 08:04 (Ref:3397598)   #317
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by mivec View Post
A late withdrawn in the "Monster Energy World RX Team" from another "to be anounced" driver?
It certainly looks that way, doesn't it? I wonder who the fourth driver was supposed to be? (And where the fourth car was coming from?)
Old 24 Apr 2014, 09:49 (Ref:3397638)   #318
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
It certainly looks that way, doesn't it? I wonder who the fourth driver was supposed to be? (And where the fourth car was coming from?)
I thought I'd read somewhere that Liams car for this year was a new build? That would give them last years pair of cars, the new build and Pats car as the four.

No idea who the extra driver is/was though!
Old 24 Apr 2014, 10:24 (Ref:3397650)   #319
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Quote:
I thought I'd read somewhere that Liams car for this year was a new build? That would give them last years pair of cars, the new build and Pats car as the four.
Well that would make sense, as you'd assume the "best" DS3's would be reserved for the Monster team?

Based on the photos from yesterday it looks like Derek Tohill is still in the ex-Bakkerud car (it certainly doesn't look like the ex-Pat Doran car)...

...so perhaps we'll get an answer when we see what car Krzysztof Skorupski is driving.

As he is now in the Monster team I assume that, if there are four DS3's, he'll be promoted to the ex-Liam/new DS3 instead of the ex-Pat car he was running in at Lydden.

Last edited by tbtstt; 24 Apr 2014 at 10:38.
Old 24 Apr 2014, 17:34 (Ref:3397821)   #320
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Papa Marklund and papa Heikkinen are backing their kids? No sponsor logos on the cars. I thought they had factory backing.

I don't like the Solberg livery.
The OMSE cars look good.
Old 25 Apr 2014, 21:54 (Ref:3398285)   #321
Distracted
Racer

United Kingdom
Distracted should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I was going to ask the question of them too - has anyone actually used the online ticket process for Lydden yet? It all looks a bit cheap and cheerful.
Not sure if this helps, but I ordered my tickets online. (I like to book things in advance!) I bought them in March through See Tickets. They haven't arrived yet. There was also a £6.50 transaction fee. I did get an email from them at the start of the month saying:

Quote:
2 SUNDAY GENERAL ADMISSION (ADULT 13+) made on 19/03/2014

Please be assured we have not forgotten about your order and your tickets will be despatched as soon as we receive them, normally 14 days prior to the event.
Tickets will be despatched as soon as possible, but may not be received until the week of the event. If you have not received your tickets in the post, please contact us no later than two working days before the show date at https://www.seetickets.com/CustomerService

Please do not contact us earlier as we will not be able to give you an exact answer until closer to the show.
Old 27 Apr 2014, 10:18 (Ref:3398717)   #322
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Nice way to earn money I guess for doing nothing with an admin fee?

Is the event ticket only? Surely you can buy a ticket ont he gate? I am only going for one day, cand resent having to pay an admin fee for an email to be sent back to me, me to print it, me to pay for printer ink, yet I ahve to pay money for that.

Load of tosh.
Old 28 Apr 2014, 20:24 (Ref:3399364)   #323
Distracted
Racer

United Kingdom
Distracted should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder View Post
Nice way to earn money I guess for doing nothing with an admin fee?

Is the event ticket only? Surely you can buy a ticket ont he gate? I am only going for one day, cand resent having to pay an admin fee for an email to be sent back to me, me to print it, me to pay for printer ink, yet I ahve to pay money for that.

Load of tosh.
I'm still waiting for the tickets to be posted to me. I live at the other end of the country, so I'm really hoping they don't arrive after I've left. (Leaving the weekend before.) I was going to buy them on the gate, but I like to book things in advance.

Does anyone know if there will be any autograph signings by the drivers?
Old 29 Apr 2014, 15:56 (Ref:3399707)   #324
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Distracted View Post
Does anyone know if there will be any autograph signings by the drivers?
There was an organised signing session at last years European round at Lydden so I'd expect there to be another one this year.

It would be good to get this sort of thing confirmed though (along with - are tickets available on the gate, some sort of timetable etc etc)
Old 2 May 2014, 10:31 (Ref:3400690)   #325
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Quote:
There was an organised signing session at last years European round at Lydden so I'd expect there to be another one this year.

It would be good to get this sort of thing confirmed though (along with - are tickets available on the gate, some sort of timetable etc etc)
The timetable for Round 1 mentions a signing session (on the Sunday), so I assume it will be the same for Lydden. As you say, would be nice to see a timetable clarifying the details though.

In other news the the Hansen cars certainly look very colourful: