Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > My Track Designs

Old 21 Nov 2011, 06:06 (Ref:2989432)   #1
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Norwich Grand Prix

Two versions.

First is 1.86mi, second is 1.80mi. Run in a counterclockwise fashion.

Based off the city centre streets of Norwich, CT. Could it ever happen? Not a chance, some of the roads aren't wide enough and there's no place to actually put a paddock or stands. However, it's a fun route and the elevation changes are immense.

Thanks,
Matt.
Old 21 Nov 2011, 09:26 (Ref:2989484)   #2
werner
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam, the Netherlands
werner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridwerner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I just browsed around a bit in googlemaps. Some places look quite raceble. Might just be done.
Old 21 Nov 2011, 12:51 (Ref:2989584)   #3
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
Looks interesting.

First impressions are it might be slightly too small. What catagories of racing do you picture this being for?

My other tidbid is the turn after Church Street. I don't think there'll be enough run-off there.

Apart from that, the track looks a fun layout! Also good to hear of the elevation changes. Would be cool to see a little lap round here.

Selby
Old 21 Nov 2011, 14:36 (Ref:2989624)   #4
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
I honestly have no idea what would race, haha.

Next time I'm down that way I could get an onboard slow lap...
Old 21 Nov 2011, 19:39 (Ref:2989742)   #5
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
It might be a bit too busy for larger, more powerful types of cars to make a race of it on this circuit.

The run-off in the CCW direction I think can work. There would need to be something at the end of pit lane, so the cars from that direction aren't rejoining the track a full-chat, while the guys out on course are coming off of a slower corner.
Old 22 Nov 2011, 14:28 (Ref:2990030)   #6
kart_racer
Rookie

England
UK
kart_racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
When I first saw this I thought you meant Norwich, Norfolk UK haha
Old 22 Nov 2011, 19:25 (Ref:2990138)   #7
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
That's why I had to explain myself in the post. ;]