Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 28 Aug 2010, 21:03 (Ref:2751555)   #76
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG View Post
Man they are battling in LMP!!!
Indeed good stuff, but appears to be finished with 6 minutes left. Klaus is parked and Simon out of the Highcroft...

EDIT: Dyson on a hot lap!
Old 28 Aug 2010, 23:26 (Ref:2751588)   #77
Jonerz
Veteran

United States
Youston
Jonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
First of all, whoa! Yesterday's crowd was the biggest Friday crowd I've seen at any ALMS/CART/IRL/Trans-Am race outside of Sebring. Today was marginally better than Friday, and I imagine a substantially larger than normal amount of the fair-weather "what's on?" types will show for the race. Absolutely perfect weather.

Also, WHOA! The Cytosport car was flying today, the prototypes provided the most excitement of the two sessions in my opinion.

Chris
Old 28 Aug 2010, 23:52 (Ref:2751592)   #78
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
There were a couple of views on the streaming that showed some "vacancy" at the track, but I have no idea which portion of the camping area they were showing. Glad to know there was a good crowd; I suspect we should see more tomorrow.

Thanks for that, Chris. Enjoy the race!
Old 29 Aug 2010, 01:16 (Ref:2751602)   #79
dj4monie
Veteran

United States
Reseda, California
dj4monie is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
No money to buy new engines? At this rate of failures, I'm thinking they only have a clump of old engines that have gone through a huge number of rebuilds.
Definition of no money would be what Club Racers tend to do, take money out of another area of the family budget or re-fining the house so they can continue racing. This is not the case with Autocon or Intersport. They bought a LMPC car and had the LMP1 updated over the off-season, that takes MONEY my friend.

They are not broke, they do not want to spend the money. Just like Autocon does not want to spend money on a brand new transmission and took one made of two other transmissions to make ONE at Le Mans and didn't even complete the first lap.

They have old engines on their last legs and since they own them, the cost is only rebuilding likely only during the off-season.

THIS off-season will be interesting, unless the ALMS grandfathers the older Lola's, they'll have to buy new cars. I'd say that is likely to happen, along with a completely new engine package for 2011 and then maybe we'll be a threat by actually finishing some races.
Old 29 Aug 2010, 01:30 (Ref:2751603)   #80
dj4monie
Veteran

United States
Reseda, California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonerz View Post
First of all, whoa! Yesterday's crowd was the biggest Friday crowd I've seen at any ALMS/CART/IRL/Trans-Am race outside of Sebring. Today was marginally better than Friday, and I imagine a substantially larger than normal amount of the fair-weather "what's on?" types will show for the race. Absolutely perfect weather.

Also, WHOA! The Cytosport car was flying today, the prototypes provided the most excitement of the two sessions in my opinion.

Chris
Because they showed most of it... The GT pole was settled early and because tire wear is an issue they all opted to run the fewest laps possible.

We never saw Bruni's pole run.
Old 29 Aug 2010, 01:45 (Ref:2751606)   #81
dj4monie
Veteran

United States
Reseda, California
On Kaffer's accident -

Quote:
“Everything was under control,” Kaffer told SPEED.com. “It was an easy lap, but unfortunately, while on the exit of Turn 1, the floor hit the ground, which I really didn’t expect. It upset the car in the rear and lost it suddenly... I then went left into the wall and hit hit very hard."
If you could see the stream from Speed.com you would have seen Bruni motioning like the car was hitting the pavement under compression. He also said during this Speed interview that the car was bottoming out.

So running the car too low likely caused Kaffer's accident. That's a shame, no blocker taking up a likely podium position.

With Bruni going to back, its likely they'll take a new set of tires as well and go for an early double stint. If a early yellow happens, they'll go ahead and make their splash for fuel.

So only Bruni has a chance to carry this into the final round with a chance to win the title.
Old 29 Aug 2010, 02:25 (Ref:2751609)   #82
johncho
Rookie

johncho should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by dj4monie View Post
They have old engines on their last legs and since they own them, the cost is only rebuilding likely only during the off-season.

THIS off-season will be interesting, unless the ALMS grandfathers the older Lola's, they'll have to buy new cars. I'd say that is likely to happen, along with a completely new engine package for 2011 and then maybe we'll be a threat by actually finishing some races.
the off-season will be interested because I imagine the 37 and 12 will switch to one of the following. judd v10, HPD v8, or the v-6 turbo offering announced from either Honda or Roush-Yates. Does anyone know if the Dyson issues this year were really engine issues or installation issues? also why is it generally the 12 is OK while the 37 has problems? too greedy with the boost?
Old 29 Aug 2010, 02:48 (Ref:2751614)   #83
WMUCarGuy
Veteran

United States
WMUCarGuy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by johncho View Post
the off-season will be interested because I imagine the 37 and 12 will switch to one of the following. judd v10, HPD v8, or the v-6 turbo offering announced from either Honda or Roush-Yates. Does anyone know if the Dyson issues this year were really engine issues or installation issues? also why is it generally the 12 is OK while the 37 has problems? too greedy with the boost?
Judd V10 won't be legal next year.
Old 29 Aug 2010, 03:10 (Ref:2751617)   #84
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by WMUCarGuy View Post
From what we have heard, that is not totaly true. They will not be able to switch to the engine next year, but if they were to switch this year and run in an ACO sanctioned race, it could be grandfathered in.

But this belongs in the 2011 threads and not the race thread.

L.P.

Last edited by HORNDAWG; 29 Aug 2010 at 03:24.
Old 29 Aug 2010, 05:11 (Ref:2751627)   #85
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by WMUCarGuy View Post
Which is lame.
Old 29 Aug 2010, 09:00 (Ref:2751656)   #86
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
When is the race, in CET times?
Old 29 Aug 2010, 09:31 (Ref:2751660)   #87
GT2-R
Racer

GT2-R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
When is the race, in CET times?
Post #1 of this thread -> World Time Zones

CET = GMT+2 in summer
Mosport = GMT-4

Race start at 15:05 -> 21:05 in Denmark .
Old 29 Aug 2010, 10:50 (Ref:2751681)   #88
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT2-R View Post
Post #1 of this thread -> World Time Zones

CET = GMT+2 in summer
Mosport = GMT-4

Race start at 15:05 -> 21:05 in Denmark .
Thank you very much
Old 29 Aug 2010, 18:04 (Ref:2751847)   #89
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
So, how is everyone going to view this race? I may just have to remove myself from the forum, RLM and T&S for a bit, and enjoy the delayed coverage on SPEED. I take it that our friends across the pond won't have to wait, correct?
Old 29 Aug 2010, 18:06 (Ref:2751848)   #90
NightStalk3r
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wiltshire, England
NightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Im just gonna listen to RLM and T&S.
Old 29 Aug 2010, 18:11 (Ref:2751852)   #91
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Speaking of that, Hindy is up now.

L.P.
Old 29 Aug 2010, 18:14 (Ref:2751854)   #92
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
I can deal with Hindy on early....

Man, it's Mosport. I got to SEE what's happening.
Old 29 Aug 2010, 18:32 (Ref:2751865)   #93
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
At the ALMS site, there is a streaming window up, so maybe there will be a live stream there?
Old 29 Aug 2010, 18:45 (Ref:2751875)   #94
pdxracefan
Racer

United States
Oregon
pdxracefan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
At the ALMS site, there is a streaming window up, so maybe there will be a live stream there?
don't think so, no
Old 29 Aug 2010, 18:50 (Ref:2751881)   #95
pdxracefan
Racer

United States
Oregon
pdxracefan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG View Post
Speaking of that, Hindy is up now.

L.P.
lost power, back on the telly.
Old 29 Aug 2010, 18:52 (Ref:2751883)   #96
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
Are RLM in crappy quality at you guys too?
Old 29 Aug 2010, 18:53 (Ref:2751884)   #97
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Lack of internet at Mosport => it's through a phone line.
Old 29 Aug 2010, 18:55 (Ref:2751887)   #98
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
If anyone finds a Video stream, i would be grateful if you would share
Old 29 Aug 2010, 18:57 (Ref:2751888)   #99
NightStalk3r
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wiltshire, England
NightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
If anyone finds a Video stream, i would be grateful if you would share
Speed are not showing it live because of some cycle race or something.
Old 29 Aug 2010, 19:01 (Ref:2751889)   #100
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightStalk3r View Post
Speed are not showing it live because of some cycle race or something.
Stupid Speed. They could at least give us a Live stream