Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 14 Jun 2012, 19:49 (Ref:3091047)   #1501
Ugy
Racer

New Zealand
Auckland
Ugy has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DX20VT View Post
Like what?
Toyota Specs

Toyota V8
Aluminum Block
480-490hp @ 445-475 ft lb
5 litre 4 valve
dry sump,

gearbox specs' brake package etc etc as per the same as all the rest???
Great thanks for the info
Old 14 Jun 2012, 20:45 (Ref:3091081)   #1502
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
promax has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Tulloch Motorsport Holden taking shape

With the start of the 2012-13 Gold Star Race Championship season only six months away, work continues at a great rate for the Tulloch Motorsport team as they build the first new generation NZV8 Holden VE II.

The Christchurch-based team took delivery of their NZV8 chassis in late April and with assistance from Australia's Holden Motorsport department and Walkinshaw Racing the Holden is taking shape.

The 480hp LS3 Chevrolet engine is currently being fitted out with the AVIAID three stage dry sump system plus new coolant vent lines and the latest billet fuel rail system to ensure reliable engine performance.

Arriving from the USA this week is the controlled Tilton triple plate clutch and flywheel package which will be fitted up to the NZ-made six speed sequential gearbox. The Hollinger shift cut unit from Australia will complete the driveline for the new car.

In an exciting development for the premier V8 category, the driveline has been developed to enable the new generation NZV8s to adopt standing starts, a step up from the current rolling start format.

As part of an intense testing programme, team owner and NZV8s chairman Ian "Inky" Tulloch plans to run the Holden in the South Island Endurance Series this spring.

Inky has been campaigning a Mitsubishi Evo 10 in the Australian Production Endurance Series with great success over the past few months so will be looking forward to getting behind the wheel of the Holden.

"The team has been working hard to get the Holden built; we can't wait to get it out on the track to see what it can do and what better way to put it through its paces than enduros." Inky said.

"Fellow NZV8s competitor Nick Ross is currently building a Holden and the Tulloch team are keen to see others join the Holden marque. Likewise with the championship now opened up to any manufacturer to join, we welcome all makes and can't wait to see the first NZV8s grid at Taupo in December. It's going to be fantastic for the category and NZ motorsport as a whole."

The Tulloch Motorsport team expect to make a driver announcement in the next few weeks. Also still available for lease and/or sale are both 2011-12 season Ford BA NZV8s of Jason Bargwanna and Simon Evans; both cars of course still eligible for the Gold Star NZV8s Championship.

The new generation NZV8s Holden will have its first public showing on the NZV8s stand at the upcoming CRC Speedshow, 21-22 July at the ASB Showgrounds, Auckland.
Old 14 Jun 2012, 21:06 (Ref:3091098)   #1503
smokin'joe
Veteran

smokin'joe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
geez, looks like proper testing, in real time conditions............. i guess that should iron out any bugs before the series starts ??
Old 14 Jun 2012, 21:18 (Ref:3091104)   #1504
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
also a good way to promote the new car and class.
Old 14 Jun 2012, 21:27 (Ref:3091108)   #1505
Ugy
Racer

New Zealand
Auckland
Good news....roll on Puke.
Old 14 Jun 2012, 21:46 (Ref:3091117)   #1506
flyingduck
Veteran

flyingduck should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by DX20VT View Post
Like what?
Toyota Specs

Toyota V8
Aluminum Block
480-490hp @ 445-475 ft lb
5 litre 4 valve
dry sump,

gearbox specs' brake package etc etc as per the same as all the rest???
How many of these engines are available if every thinks the Toyota is the weapon will everyone be able to get one.

Great to see all the updates I have learn't more in a couple of days posts than I have in the last few months. Look forward to seeing the Holden at speedshow when will the Toyota break cover.
Old 14 Jun 2012, 22:05 (Ref:3091127)   #1507
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
we'll the Toyota has gone from this to this. still a lot of work to do before we see the finished product

i wouldn't be surprised if the Toyota made an apperance at the Speedshow in some form.
Old 14 Jun 2012, 23:02 (Ref:3091163)   #1508
Ugy
Racer

New Zealand
Auckland
Glad NZV8 took a leaf out of the V8SC book. The way forward is back imo.
Old 15 Jun 2012, 00:01 (Ref:3091174)   #1509
FAS33
Veteran

Australia
1st - 6th gear
FAS33 User had had their licence endorsedFAS33 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ugy View Post
Glad NZV8 took a leaf out of the V8SC book. The way forward is back imo.
how so?
Old 15 Jun 2012, 01:34 (Ref:3091199)   #1510
Ugy
Racer

New Zealand
Auckland
Getting other manufactures on board instead of the same old.
Old 15 Jun 2012, 01:45 (Ref:3091204)   #1511
NZSTfan
Veteran

New Zealand
car heaven
NZSTfan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My god....has there been some change in NZv8 land??

Looks like there has but a media brief doesn't cut the mustard does it. Having Inky say we've done this and that doesn't really add up to 'well we have successfully completed the car and have done some testing and are happy with the end product"

As the months go by we seem to just be getting one more panel fitted at at a time, or the engine is 'almost' here or 'almost' installed with our 'almost' fitted Tinker Toy (TT) gearbox.

SHOW ME THE MONEY!!! (as in just stop posting pointless facts about how far a car has come over the last few months and what they 'intend' to do as we approach summer - show us a car, with its new matchbox rollcage doing laps with all the bells and whistles mentioned in the media release)

Oh and an 'intense' testing programme starting in spring......are you serious when the series starts in summer? what happens if they find the gearbox has big issues, or the parity isn't there, or they cage crumples when the car goes over a speed bump - not much time to fix any issues if thats the case. But of course there has been soooooo much computer and wind tunnel modelling of the new car, that they just know it will be great, straight outta the box.
Old 15 Jun 2012, 02:02 (Ref:3091207)   #1512
smokin'joe
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NZSTfan View Post
My god....has there been some change in NZv8 land??

Looks like there has but a media brief doesn't cut the mustard does it. Having Inky say we've done this and that doesn't really add up to 'well we have successfully completed the car and have done some testing and are happy with the end product"

As the months go by we seem to just be getting one more panel fitted at at a time, or the engine is 'almost' here or 'almost' installed with our 'almost' fitted Tinker Toy (TT) gearbox.

SHOW ME THE MONEY!!! (as in just stop posting pointless facts about how far a car has come over the last few months and what they 'intend' to do as we approach summer - show us a car, with its new matchbox rollcage doing laps with all the bells and whistles mentioned in the media release)

Oh and an 'intense' testing programme starting in spring......are you serious when the series starts in summer? what happens if they find the gearbox has big issues, or the parity isn't there, or they cage crumples when the car goes over a speed bump - not much time to fix any issues if thats the case. But of course there has been soooooo much computer and wind tunnel modelling of the new car, that they just know it will be great, straight outta the box.
get over yourself. has it finally dawned on you that cars are being built? maybe the NZV8 guys arn't prepared to jump up and down and spout off UNTIL the car is properly tested?
at least Inky has the sense to give the car(s) a decent shakedown to see if there are any issues that need to be addressed before the season starts.

Remember NZST chose not to test the car in similar circumstances , when they had every opportunity to do so, and look at the problems they had.

whoop de-doo, the NZST is gonna bust out better lap times. It was always designed to be quicker than NZV8 (and possibly V8SC) because with all the fanfare, it had to be bigger, better ,faster more.

still many months away from season start, so why is it imperative that the NZV8 teams announce their intentions so early, takes away any element of surprise, dosn't it ??
Old 15 Jun 2012, 02:05 (Ref:3091208)   #1513
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
the South Island Endurance Series starts in September.. the NZV8 series starts in December.. what's the point of rushing the build of your new car in June?

South Island Endurance Series.

2012 Confirmed dates:

3 HOUR SERIES:
Round One - Teretonga Park (Invercargill) - Saturday 29th September 2012
Round Two - Levels Raceway (Timaru) - Saturday 13th October 2012
Round Three - Powerbuilt Ruapuna (Christchurch) - Saturday 24th November 2012

1 HOUR SERIES:
Round One - Powerbuilt Ruapuna (Christchurch) - Sunday 16th September 2012
Round Two - Teretonga Park (Invercargill) - Saturday 29th September 2012
Round Three - Levels Raceway (Timaru) - Saturday 13th October 2012.
Old 15 Jun 2012, 02:14 (Ref:3091211)   #1514
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokin'joe View Post
get over yourself. has it finally dawned on you that cars are being built? maybe the NZV8 guys arn't prepared to jump up and down and spout off UNTIL the car is properly tested?
at least Inky has the sense to give the car(s) a decent shakedown to see if there are any issues that need to be addressed before the season starts.

Remember NZST chose not to test the car in similar circumstances , when they had every opportunity to do so, and look at the problems they had.

whoop de-doo, the NZST is gonna bust out better lap times. It was always designed to be quicker than NZV8 (and possibly V8SC) because with all the fanfare, it had to be bigger, better ,faster more.

still many months away from season start, so why is it imperative that the NZV8 teams announce their intentions so early, takes away any element of surprise, dosn't it ??
i'm not sure if he's still confused with Tasman painting their gear knob.. if spring comes before or after summer.. or just upset cause Inky hasn't posted any youtube music videos of the new gen
Old 15 Jun 2012, 02:21 (Ref:3091212)   #1515
NZSTfan
Veteran

New Zealand
car heaven
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokin'joe View Post

Yes Joe, it has dawned on me that the cars are being built, albeit very slowly, and you have to agree that there has to be some level of testing for all three cars that are supposed to be lining up on the grid (that includes parity testing)

Element of surprise you say....not so sure on that Joe, if they had something to 'surprise' us with you would have thought that it would be all over their website etc etc. The surprise that is more than likely will be a field of unknown drivers.

Although i must applaud the NZv8's for looking at standing starts, hope it works for them. The rolling starts inthe ST series are not the best, but i have grown to quite like them (but would rather see standing starts in the ST's)

With regards to laptimes Joe, i remember when the FG01 was being tested with the old running gear they were harping on about how close it was to the SuperTourer lap times, even with the old gear. So to fall on your sword as such and say that these new cars wont be up to the speed of the ST doesn't really make it 'premier' does it (in the eyes of the fans that is, not in the eyes of the sausage fest that is running the show).

If we put all of this to one side, it does look like we will have two V8 series in NZ, and a lot of you have said that this will be a bad thing, so i'll guess we'll see in due course which one has it right, and which one doesn't
Old 15 Jun 2012, 02:25 (Ref:3091213)   #1516
NZSTfan
Veteran

New Zealand
car heaven
Quote:
Originally Posted by promax View Post
i'm not sure if he's still confused with Tasman painting their gear knob.. if spring comes before or after summer.. or just upset cause Inky hasn't posted any youtube music videos of the new gen

Yawn

Is there going to be some music videos of the new car promax? well thats a new approach i must say. Maybe they could team up with 'one direction' and come up with a song and a video about these awesome cars.

The comment on the gear knob was simply an observation, but of course you had to turn it around dont you Promax
Old 15 Jun 2012, 02:34 (Ref:3091215)   #1517
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
so why you think a South Island team should be testing their car during winter?

just curious
Old 15 Jun 2012, 02:48 (Ref:3091216)   #1518
Sidewayz
Rookie

Sidewayz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If any bodies harping on its you STFan, no completed cars, no music videos, no this no that. If i recall, the first of your ST's didn't hit the track for real testing till about 6 weeks before the first ST round at HD, and that was JMR and then the other teams were still singing for parts. And yes the ST prototype did '2500km' testing and look how that worked out for them........
Old 15 Jun 2012, 02:49 (Ref:3091217)   #1519
NZSTfan
Veteran

New Zealand
car heaven
Quote:
Originally Posted by promax View Post
so why you think a South Island team should be testing their car during winter?

just curious

Well i just think that performing as much testing during different conditions is the best way forward, unless you can assume that the 'design' will be flawless from the get-go. I can see your point though, i.e a South Island based team testing in winter (cold) when the series will be run in summer (warm). But that begs the question, the NZV8s show-cased their new concept car at last years speedshow with Angus Fogg as one of their frontmen. They told everyone there that the intention was to run the new car for the 2012/13 season - we all know that. So why on earth did they not get their A into G and test the new chassis last spring and summer in prep for this season? By doing that they would have shut up the likes of people like me, and the public would be, by now familair with the new cars, rather than some photos or partially assembled chassis that are getting assembled very quickly so they can race come December. Before last summer started they had confirmed a new engine and gearbox for the car (which hasn't changed from what i can tell) and they had the perfect opportunity to test the whole package (not just the chassis with old running gear) over the last summer period. This would have also made for a better TV package (whether it be TV3 or Fujitsu) as they could have had some intersting tid-bits to chuck in on top of the lame racing to get the juices flowing. By that i mean Clint Brown or Summerfield interviewing and even showing the testing of the completed prototype during the summer series just gone. From there they could have all gone into hibernation for the winter knowing, with some confidence, that the package they had assembled and tested during a summer was fit for purpose.

Hope that satisfies your curiosity PM
Old 15 Jun 2012, 02:55 (Ref:3091219)   #1520
NZSTfan
Veteran

New Zealand
car heaven
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidewayz View Post
If any bodies harping on its you STFan, no completed cars, no music videos, no this no that. If i recall, the first of your ST's didn't hit the track for real testing till about 6 weeks before the first ST round at HD, and that was JMR and then the other teams were still singing for parts. And yes the ST prototype did '2500km' testing and look how that worked out for them........
For a start sidewayz, they are not my ST's...i'm not that rich. The prototype underwent quite a bit of testing before the round at HD started in Feb - in fact it started in about April 2011. The intention for this was to then change the chassis (for e.g the removal of the larry bar, the new aero package and the new brakes and the mapping of the ECU). So when Paul at Pace built the rest of them they had some idea what to expect. So when you say that no 'real' testing occured until about 6 weeks from the beginning you are wrong. What was happening there (and yes i will admit that some teams were more advantaged than others as their chassis all arrived at different times) was the teams were then allowed to assemble the car according to the rule book and do shakedown runs at their local tracks.

This is quite different to the NZV8 testing model/schedule where the prototype hasn't even had a full shakedown yet
Old 15 Jun 2012, 05:14 (Ref:3091241)   #1521
Ugy
Racer

New Zealand
Auckland
NZST if the ST's are going great and the NZV8's are going to turn to custard what are you worried about? I fail to see what your problem is unless you have some hidden agenda. It's going to happen just learn to live with it, after all it's not the end of the world
Old 15 Jun 2012, 05:28 (Ref:3091244)   #1522
RogerH
Racer

New Zealand
Auckland
RogerH should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRogerH should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How many new generation NZV8 cars will there be in the 2012/13 season?

I've heard (unsubstantiated) that between 3 and 5 have been sold but I presume they will need quite a few more than this to make up a credible grid. The MSNZ Gold Star Championship minimum criteria is 15 entrants in 75% of the Series rounds.
Old 15 Jun 2012, 05:31 (Ref:3091245)   #1523
smokin'joe
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ugy View Post
NZST if the ST's are going great and the NZV8's are going to turn to custard what are you worried about? I fail to see what your problem is unless you have some hidden agenda. It's going to happen just learn to live with it, after all it's not the end of the world
i think NZSTFan is quiety scared that NZV8's might actually get a decent series going, and after all the hoopla with the ST cars, it took until their return to Hampton Downs to make the cars entertaining by not being so processional. they now need to make them standing start races.
Old 15 Jun 2012, 05:35 (Ref:3091247)   #1524
Chappelli
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Chappelli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridChappelli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Has anyone actually seen on of these TTi gearboxes in action? I can't seem to find a hell of a lot about them on the interweb.

It's kind of got that feeling that it's a bit of a great unknown... will it be indestructible stroke of genius or will it be marshmallow soft disaster?

Kinda topical considering the issues that the V8ST are having with what should be an adequately spec'd gearbox from a well respected supplier.
Old 15 Jun 2012, 06:14 (Ref:3091253)   #1525
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Goat Boy has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Can't get link to work will try something else