Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 22 Aug 2004, 21:04 (Ref:1074621)   #1
Liam Nelson
Rookie

Liam Nelson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Camping @ Spa

I'm off to Spa this weekend for the first time and I'm just wondering what you guys know about camping around the circuit. Anything helps - cos I'm clueless!

Cheers in advance.

Liam
Old 22 Aug 2004, 22:13 (Ref:1074685)   #2
Slippy Diff
Veteran

New Zealand
UnZud
Slippy Diff should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There is bugger all basically. All hard standing and the paddock nazi's don't really like you hammering tent pegs into the tarmac !! They also keep the floodlights on all night in and around the paddock. Showers are good at the circuit though, always clean and lots of hot. My advice is to get a hotel.
Old 22 Aug 2004, 22:38 (Ref:1074702)   #3
Liam Nelson
Rookie

Quote:
Originally posted by Slippy Diff
There is bugger all basically. All hard standing and the paddock nazi's don't really like you hammering tent pegs into the tarmac !! They also keep the floodlights on all night in and around the paddock. Showers are good at the circuit though, always clean and lots of hot. My advice is to get a hotel.
Cheers mate, sounds promising!! I'm not used to the european camping! Only been to Le Mans once, otherwise British GP for last few years. Hope for a good weekend...

Liam
Old 22 Aug 2004, 22:53 (Ref:1074711)   #4
Slippy Diff
Veteran

New Zealand
UnZud
Slippy Diff should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Try in Spa town itself, nice place, lots of good bars and restaurants. Or possibly Trois Ponts about 10 or 15 minutes from the circuit. I used to stop in a small hotel there.
Old 23 Aug 2004, 19:10 (Ref:1075424)   #5
rctonka
Rookie

rctonka should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
we are also off to spa for the first time this weekend, ive heard that there are plenty of campsites around the spa area, hope this is true cos we aint booked anything!, how easy is it to find the circuit and what is the best way to get to and from the circuit from the campsites? any help would be appreciated
Old 23 Aug 2004, 19:47 (Ref:1075457)   #6
Remus
Racer

Remus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Although I've never stayed in them myself, I always get the impression that there are loads of camping spaces around the cicuit - you drive past a number of fields as you drive down to Francorchamps and I understand there are plenty at Malmedy. Having spoken to a few happy European campers, I think that some of the sites are buzzing all weekend.
Old 23 Aug 2004, 21:21 (Ref:1075559)   #7
Liam Nelson
Rookie

CHeers

Quote:
Originally posted by Remus
Although I've never stayed in them myself, I always get the impression that there are loads of camping spaces around the cicuit - you drive past a number of fields as you drive down to Francorchamps and I understand there are plenty at Malmedy. Having spoken to a few happy European campers, I think that some of the sites are buzzing all weekend.
Cheers for your help, guys! I guess its just going to be a 'go for it' weekend! Anyone else off to Spa this weekend?!

Liam
Old 23 Aug 2004, 21:30 (Ref:1075574)   #8
Duffacus
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nottingham, UK
Duffacus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi there, I went to Spa for the 1st time not so long ago for the 24 Hours and we had the same problem, until that is we found a camp site 10 minutes down the road! It's very pleasant with clean facilities and there is a noise curfew too if you want to get plenty of peace in the evenings. The directions are pretty simple from the campsite to the circuit, just ask at the reception, they were more then happy to help. Here is the link;

http://www.campingspador.be/homepagegb.htm

Have a good one!

(If you have any other questions send me a PM and I will try and help best I can)

Last edited by Duffacus; 23 Aug 2004 at 21:32.

Brundle: Didn’t see too many in practice
Old 24 Aug 2004, 20:00 (Ref:1076448)   #9
Liam Nelson
Rookie

Quote:
Originally posted by Duffacus
Hi there, I went to Spa for the 1st time not so long ago for the 24 Hours and we had the same problem, until that is we found a camp site 10 minutes down the road! It's very pleasant with clean facilities and there is a noise curfew too if you want to get plenty of peace in the evenings. The directions are pretty simple from the campsite to the circuit, just ask at the reception, they were more then happy to help. Here is the link;

http://www.campingspador.be/homepagegb.htm

Have a good one!

(If you have any other questions send me a PM and I will try and help best I can)
Thanks very much mate, its worth a look!!

Have a good one.

Liam