Adelaide, Australia
ozrevhead should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
does anyone have the link to the old chat room
Old 1 Oct 2006, 12:38 (Ref:1724364)   #52
Last2LiftOff
Veteran

Canada
Six Jolly Fellowship Porters
Last2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hrt Kid
is there a website where i will be able to watch the race live?
This from another thread http://tentenths.com/forum/showpost....56&postcount=1
Haven't tried it for a race yet, guess we'll find out in.....15 mins or so.
Old 1 Oct 2006, 13:02 (Ref:1724401)   #53
Last2LiftOff
Veteran

Canada
Six Jolly Fellowship Porters
Last2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Static bloody camera. Back to live timing http://www.a1gp.com/racing/index.php?flashNavId=2#
Old 1 Oct 2006, 14:28 (Ref:1724456)   #54
maximus
Veteran

United Kingdom
Yorkshire
maximus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmaximus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What a terrific race! The weather conditions made for a total lottery and added a great twist.

That Pakistan driver was pretty useless, that pit entry incident was comedy and he shouldn't have been allowed to re-join the pack either (and incidentally, wasn't the pit lane supposed to be closed?) as look at the gap it gave France! Inexperienced or not, that incident with the pit lane shouldn't occur. There were plenty of other inexperienced drivers who got it right.
Old 1 Oct 2006, 14:28 (Ref:1724457)   #55
dazbaz_99
Veteran

United Kingdom
Aylesbury
dazbaz_99 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What a fantastic feature race! Drama, overtaking, great driving, that one had it all. Well done to Germany (Did we see the new Schumacher), USA a great drive doing all those laps on slicks during the rain. Holland were unlucky not to get a podium but the gamble didnt quite pay off, at least he gave the Dutch fans something to cheer for, reminded me of Brands last year, seeing all those home supporters cheering as their team took the lead.

Great stuff, role on Brno!
Old 1 Oct 2006, 14:39 (Ref:1724464)   #56
flexible-flyer
Veteran

Northern Ireland
the british isles/ireland/ze vorrrld
flexible-flyer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
more a1gp comedy club action. something to keep me entertained through the winter.
Old 1 Oct 2006, 14:41 (Ref:1724465)   #57
dazbaz_99
Veteran

United Kingdom
Aylesbury
dazbaz_99 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Although their were alot of rookies in the event this weekend I think they raced very well, just a couple of silly little mistakes in the feature, Pakistan, Switzerland and S.Africa come to mind, other than that I thought the driving was excellent, especially given the changeable conditions.
Old 1 Oct 2006, 15:40 (Ref:1724495)   #58
nev
Racer

nev should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
bit confused as why the safety car actually came out - it seemed to enter the track after the car was removed !!
Old 1 Oct 2006, 16:18 (Ref:1724517)   #59
Kebab
Racer

Kebab has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
It did join the track after the car was safely in the pits - very poor communication.

Having said that it would've probably been a boring France win otherwise! Some great driving today (and some stupid mistakes).
Old 1 Oct 2006, 16:46 (Ref:1724533)   #60
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Well, great work Giebler, Hulkenberg and especially Bleeky.

I'm just so laughing as Jos Verstappen right now
Old 1 Oct 2006, 16:48 (Ref:1724534)   #61
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
The main race was great.
Old 1 Oct 2006, 20:34 (Ref:1724678)   #62
Tibbett
Rookie

Tibbett should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazard
I'm just so laughing as Jos Verstappen right now
Jos even said that Team Netherlands attracted people to Zandvoort "over his back". The man should be placed in a hospital for mentally ill.
Old 1 Oct 2006, 22:12 (Ref:1724751)   #63
Mr Jinxx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Isle of Man
Mr Jinxx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Phil Giebler did a seriously good job for USA - that was Man of the Match driving.
Sit in a chair, lift your right leg off the ground, point your toes forward and draw CLOCKWISE circles in the air with your foot. Then raise your right hand and draw the number 6 in the air with your index finger. Your foot will change direction. If you can't even do this simple coordination task, how could you drive a racing car?
Old 1 Oct 2006, 22:42 (Ref:1724766)   #64
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Funny you should say that, Mr J, I was thinking the same. And full credit to Team USA and West Surrey Racing for taking the gamble.

But then I would have been equally pleased if Team Netherlands and Jeroen Bleekemolen's gamble had paid off. The Dutch are such a great crowd and they would have been even more ecstatic!

Team Pakistan was pretty shocking. Whatever happened to Adam Khan? Did they re-check his ancestry or something?
Old 1 Oct 2006, 22:54 (Ref:1724769)   #65
Mr Jinxx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Isle of Man
Mr Jinxx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I met Phil Giebler this year, and he's a really good guy. I was rooting for him, and I was rooting for Team Netherlands' gamble to pay off too!
Sit in a chair, lift your right leg off the ground, point your toes forward and draw CLOCKWISE circles in the air with your foot. Then raise your right hand and draw the number 6 in the air with your index finger. Your foot will change direction. If you can't even do this simple coordination task, how could you drive a racing car?
Old 1 Oct 2006, 22:56 (Ref:1724771)   #66
Rizweed
Rookie

Rizweed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
fantastic start 2 the season. its great 2 c new faces at the frnt.

but the hi-lite of the weekend 4 me was nur ali... wat a joke!!! i could hv driven faster then him ina road car.

teh only driver to be laped in the 12 lap sprint race

spinning b4 entering teh pits!!!

n wat about tht restrt aftr teh safety car!!! i m sure he didnt make any fans there. he just let france go and held the rest of teh pack

u know... im sure the team had to retire him early for being such an embarassment adn will cover the it up.

bring adam back NOW!!!

Last edited by Rizweed; 1 Oct 2006 at 23:00.
Old 2 Oct 2006, 01:37 (Ref:1724829)   #67
Net-Ranger
Racer

Mexico
Mexico City
Net-Ranger should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tibbett
Jos even said that Team Netherlands attracted people to Zandvoort "over his back". The man should be placed in a hospital for mentally ill.
I could recomend a good "Funny House" for him here in Mexico...

No one will miss him that's for sure...

the first shoot this year was simply excelent, i enjoy every moment of both races and well, i enjoy over all things the race track...good move by A1 to pick this track
Old 2 Oct 2006, 03:02 (Ref:1724854)   #68
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
!!! AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE !!!

well done to Ryan Briscoe thats back to back podiums for him las round last season first round this season.
Old 2 Oct 2006, 08:09 (Ref:1724981)   #69
dubby99
Racer

dubby99 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The first race was good but the second was dam exciting

Poor South Africa would have made the 2nd race even more exciting
Old 2 Oct 2006, 09:27 (Ref:1725080)   #70
ozrevhead
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide, Australia
ozrevhead should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well done Ryan
Old 2 Oct 2006, 09:36 (Ref:1725089)   #71
Ryan_Briscoe1
Racer

Australia
straya
Ryan_Briscoe1 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
great effort ryan, got the most out of that car
Old 2 Oct 2006, 12:34 (Ref:1725246)   #72
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Yeah, i was pleased for Ryan and Team Oz.

When his name comes up now, you think of the racing he's done in the States and maybe the F1 testing for Toyota, but before all that he was the inaugural F3 Euroseries Champion in 2003 and I remember him racing at Zandvoort in the Marlboro Masters, so he did know the circuit.
Old 2 Oct 2006, 12:40 (Ref:1725261)   #73
Gerben24
Veteran

Netherlands
Heerenveen
Gerben24 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!

Just heard on the radio Zandvoort might get a fine. Some people (for those 2 words I could use a list of swear words) did soundmeasurments. The result was that at a certain point (probably when team NED overtook team GBR ROUND THE OUTSIDE or when team NED overtook team FRA ROUND THE OUTSIDE ) 72dBa was measured. Zandvoort had a licence for 70dBa...

Welcome to Holland!
Old 2 Oct 2006, 13:02 (Ref:1725284)   #74
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
That's dreadful. Those people should think on a bigger scale and realise what a huge amount of publicity and goodwill the event created for Holland worldwide.

70dbA is actually very low. Do they take the reading from the middle of town or something?
Old 2 Oct 2006, 19:42 (Ref:1725595)   #75
cos
Veteran

England
cos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wow - finally got round to watching the feature race and it was fantastic. Just a shame, like F1, it's the German anthem at the end

Great performances by Netherlands, USA and Germany; and I loved the reaction of the Dutch fans when they took the lead - that's what A1GP should be all about.