So looks like it's BAR or bust then:

http://www.planetf1.com/news/story_17036.shtml
Old 26 Aug 2004, 15:51 (Ref:1078212)   #2
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
HE told the SUN... so believe if you want to

I thought they already had a young wild driver in Massa... steady experience is whats missing!!
Old 26 Aug 2004, 16:08 (Ref:1078219)   #3
muzza4ever
Racer

England
Grim up North, UK
muzza4ever should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
couldnt agree more think Sauber could make real headway with an ex-champion at the helm
Old 26 Aug 2004, 16:10 (Ref:1078220)   #4
muzza4ever
Racer

England
Grim up North, UK
muzza4ever should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
and Massa hasn't really done a great deal this season
Old 26 Aug 2004, 16:30 (Ref:1078238)   #5
Kirk
Veteran

Kirk has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
If true this gives DR more leeway to let JV squirm. Me thinks it's time to give Toyota a ring and see what's up there.

Last edited by Kirk; 26 Aug 2004 at 16:33.
Old 26 Aug 2004, 17:04 (Ref:1078274)   #6
shiny side up!
Veteran

United States
Ann Arbor
shiny side up! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
... I think he will be disappointed by what he hears at Toyota.
Old 26 Aug 2004, 20:26 (Ref:1078485)   #7
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Aah.
Old 27 Aug 2004, 07:48 (Ref:1078857)   #8
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Toyota want somebody who won't upset Ralf - somehow I don't think JV fits that description
Old 27 Aug 2004, 08:03 (Ref:1078863)   #9
climb
Veteran

St Pierre and Miquelon
closer than you thought!
climb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridclimb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
IMO Toyota want somebody who won't upset the board of directors, who could understandably get more and more reticent to allocate hundreds millions to collect flops.
Old 27 Aug 2004, 08:43 (Ref:1078888)   #10
Glen
Veteran

Glen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
He may well be prepared to race for nothing, but I bet he won't race for nothing alongside F1's most overpaid driver!
Old 27 Aug 2004, 09:13 (Ref:1078914)   #11
Draven
Racer

Ireland
Ireland
Draven should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Glen
He may well be prepared to race for nothing, but I bet he won't race for nothing alongside F1's most overpaid driver!
I think he'd love beating the socks the him!
Old 27 Aug 2004, 09:27 (Ref:1078929)   #12
Glen
Veteran

Glen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
He'd love beating Ralf if he could make it happen - I seriously doubt that he could though.
Old 27 Aug 2004, 10:07 (Ref:1078953)   #13
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well, we'll probably never know.
Old 27 Aug 2004, 10:24 (Ref:1078963)   #14
Glen
Veteran

No - you can know for certain. I just said it, so it must be true.
Old 27 Aug 2004, 11:38 (Ref:1079042)   #15
N I Tram
Veteran

N I Tram should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I know it's true, I was there when I said it.

I'd agree that Jacques could beat Ralf, whereas Trulli isn't guaranteed to by any means. If the BAR drive comes off, it would be fantastic for him.
Old 27 Aug 2004, 11:54 (Ref:1079063)   #16
Draven
Racer

Ireland
Ireland
Draven should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Trulli will take ralf on and beat him at Toyota.
If it happens, this time next year remember I said it.
If ralf walks all over him, forget I said anything!
Old 27 Aug 2004, 18:48 (Ref:1079433)   #17
TeddyG
Veteran

Bermuda
Currently New Zealand
TeddyG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I would actually prefer Jacques getting the Toyota drive, I still can't accept what BAR did to him after being so loyal to the team. And now look Button gets the team's first COMPETITIVE car and he walks! Just desserts for Richards as far as I am conserned, serves him right for ditching the most loyal driver in F1.
Jacques however is a bigger person than I and probably will go back there if wanted, I'm sure he still wants to win with the team he built.

However I still think it would be sweet to take a drive with Honda's arch enemy Toyota and beat the pants off BAR in 2005 and beyond.

For some reason though there isn't much talk about JV and Toyota, possibly as someone said earlier they don't want him roughing up their new #1 Ralfie boy.

Well I guess we'll wait and see but I have to admit the future doesn't look too promising for JV.
Doesn't it seem sad that drivers like Fisichella, Coultard, Barrichello, and Ralf all have secure seats in F1, despite having had race winning cars for many more seasons than Jacques, yet failing to chalk up as many wins as he (let alone a WDC) that it is Jacques who doesn't have a drive in F1??? Sad indeed.
Old 27 Aug 2004, 19:14 (Ref:1079452)   #18
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'd prefer it if Jaques would just go away and do something worthwile like Le Mans.

Are we going to get loads of JV will be back threads next season?

Really folks, unless there's a miracle in the Elvis lives department, JV has really left the building.
Old 27 Aug 2004, 23:10 (Ref:1079606)   #19
Snrub
Veteran

Canada
London, Ontario, Canada
Snrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The Sauber thing seems strange to me. Their "young hot-shot" hasn't been impressive this year, but their experienced driver has. Why not take JV, if he doesn't do what you want fire him. Young drivers are always looking for a F1 drive, you could pick them up at any time.
Old 28 Aug 2004, 00:32 (Ref:1079643)   #20
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
JV wouldn't do a pay per points deal at a place where he isscraping the barrel for points. He'd want big up front money and Peter Sauber is not going to pay him big bucks to put a car into 7th or 8th place.
At BAR, Williams or Ferrari it would be a different matter...
Closed Thread