Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 2 Jun 2014, 11:30 (Ref:3414180)   #251
Razzzor
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Razzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
A1GP didn't ever have the lineup that Formula E is going to have.
Old 2 Jun 2014, 21:48 (Ref:3414492)   #252
Go_For_Pole
Veteran

Greece
Athens, Greece
Go_For_Pole should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGo_For_Pole should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well let's see. If anything the whole thing has more similarities with A1GP than differences. I would rather stay on the fence for the moment.
Old 4 Jun 2014, 17:12 (Ref:3415322)   #253
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
An Argentinian is running a Formula E car today: Juan Manuel "Cochito" López. I expected the other López (the one who rocks in WTCC) here, but well, Cochito had F3 experience about 13-14 years ago. In Italian F3 suited well, in British F3 not.
Old 4 Jun 2014, 21:47 (Ref:3415467)   #254
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Thanks to Twitter user Current_E, we have a provisional list of teams and drivers who tested at Donington today. Heres the "Who's Who" info:

- Sam Bird and Jaime Alguersuari for Virgin
- Karun Chandhok and Bruno Senna for Mahindra
- Daniel Abt and Lucas di Grassi for ABT – only Abt was driving
- Franck Montagny for Andretti
- Nico Prost for e.dams (the team co-founded by Alain Prost)
- Kevin Korjus and Antonio Felix da Costa for Super Aguri
- Nick Heidfeld for Venturi
- Jean-Karl Vernay for Drayson

Katherine Legge and Stoffel Vandoorne were also spotted at the track, though without any obvious links to teams. Juan Manuel Lopez was posting pictures on Twitter; he may have been driving a test car.
Old 26 Jun 2014, 05:14 (Ref:3426587)   #255
champcarman
Veteran

champcarman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchampcarman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
May have already been covered but I am wondering how fast these cars will be?

As fast as F3 or faster?

With 200 kw (all stint?) they should do somewhere between F3/GP3 times and GP2 times, I would imagine,but they may be somewhat heavier than a conventional single seater
Old 26 Jun 2014, 07:06 (Ref:3426613)   #256
kurski
Veteran

Finland
kurski should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkurski should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Adelaide’s famous parklands street circuit has emerged as a contender for a round of the new Formula E series as the electric open-wheel class looks to expand into Australia.
Old 3 Jul 2014, 11:58 (Ref:3429895)   #257
Bodysnatcher
La Grande Théière
Veteran

Marshall Islands
5 minutes from the kentagon
Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!
and they're up and running
http://www.fiaformulae.com/en/live.aspx

18 cars, 10 seconds or so off F3 pace round Donington GP circuit. Plenty of laps too.
Old 3 Jul 2014, 12:42 (Ref:3429909)   #258
kurski
Veteran

Finland
kurski should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkurski should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
in recent days announced driver contracts:
Dragon Racing driver is Mike Conway
Trulli GP drivers are Jarno Trulli and Michela Cerruti
Venturi Grand Prix drivers are Nick Heidfeld and Stephane Sarrazin
Amlin Aguri drivers are Katherine Legge an Antonio Felix da Costa
e.dams Renault drivers are Nicolas Prost and Sebastien Buemi

German automobile manufacturer BMW has announced that it is finalising a partnership as the official vehicle supplier to Formula E.

Super Nova to run TrulliGP Formula E team.

Formula E boss Alejandro Agag is so confident that the London fixture will go ahead in Battersea Park that he is refusing to discuss the championship's back-up plans for the race in the UK capital.

Facu Regalia said that the estimated proposals to race in Formula E.
Old 4 Jul 2014, 11:55 (Ref:3430261)   #259
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Quote:
Originally Posted by kurski View Post
Facu Regalia said that the estimated proposals to race in Formula E.
That's exactly what I suggested to Facu in his press conference last February!
Old 5 Jul 2014, 00:14 (Ref:3430427)   #260
ivanalesi
Veteran

Bulgaria
ivanalesi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodysnatcher View Post
and they're up and running
http://www.fiaformulae.com/en/live.aspx

18 cars, 10 seconds or so off F3 pace round Donington GP circuit. Plenty of laps too.
1:22.590 was Harvey's pole from 2012 and now di Grassi lowered Formula E's times to 1'31"973.
I think it has a lot to do with Michelin's involvement. If you put some extreme wet tires on the F3 car, I don't know, but it will be a lot slower. Having said that, the car looks very impressive!
Old 5 Jul 2014, 21:16 (Ref:3430691)   #261
sceptic
Veteran

sceptic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanalesi View Post
1:22.590 was Harvey's pole from 2012 and now di Grassi lowered Formula E's times to 1'31"973.
I think it has a lot to do with Michelin's involvement. If you put some extreme wet tires on the F3 car, I don't know, but it will be a lot slower. Having said that, the car looks very impressive!
I think you'll find the slow lap times are down to there being a temporary chicane on the circuit. Without that, these cars would have been faster than F3.
Old 6 Jul 2014, 06:48 (Ref:3430797)   #262
JackN
Racer

United Kingdom
Norrrrrfolk
JackN should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
They removed the tyre chicane at the end of the day.

I think the laptimes are reasonable. Same speed as a GT3 car round Donington - so not exactly slow. Then consider they are on hard, slightly grooved tyres, have less downforce than an F3 car, are not designed for hilly tracks or long straights, and I think it's pretty decent.
Old 31 Jul 2014, 11:19 (Ref:3440371)   #263
Juarez Jed
Veteran

Juarez Jed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJuarez Jed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I see that the 2nd round in Putrajaya has been postponed.......... something to do with a shortage of extension cords and adaptor plugs perhaps ??
Old 1 Aug 2014, 02:14 (Ref:3440635)   #264
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mi good friend Facundo Galella made a simulation of the 2015 Buenos Aires ePrix circuit of Formula E:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whWXqGnAlnQ
Old 4 Aug 2014, 15:43 (Ref:3441404)   #265
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I was marshalling at Donington at the weekend.

Aside from the permanent Formula E buildings (HQ/Offices, team workshops and so on) they're also laying out and test building the entire Formula E travelling paddock.

I didn't take any photos, unfortunately (I was a bit preoccupied) but the entire paddock 2 & paddock 3 area is now taken up with the Formula E race control complex, the power generation platform for it, and the "tent city" marquee farm which the teams & hospitality will use.

The marquees are so big that the club racers there for the weekend had room enough to get most of their cars, vans & transporters inside.

It's a pretty impressive sight (and at the same time a pretty impressive site!). It's going to be a huge logistics operation, that's for sure.
Old 4 Aug 2014, 16:10 (Ref:3441407)   #266
JimW
Veteran

United Kingdom
Worcestershire, UK
JimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juarez Jed View Post
I see that the 2nd round in Putrajaya has been postponed.......... something to do with a shortage of extension cords and adaptor plugs perhaps ??
Moved to November 22nd.

Jim
Old 6 Aug 2014, 09:31 (Ref:3441891)   #267
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Nelsinho Piquet will test again for Team China. For his sake I don't want to see again stray dogs on tracks killed by his rivals anymore.
Old 6 Aug 2014, 16:40 (Ref:3441967)   #268
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
wow first race is rapidly approaching!

broadcasting question for any Canadians here. from what i have read Fox Sports will cover the races but as we dont get that channel does that mean we will get it on Speed Channel instead?
Old 9 Aug 2014, 22:24 (Ref:3442893)   #269
Tucky
Racer

United Kingdom
Brighton
Tucky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTucky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTucky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The Formula E website has only released 4 networks which will cover the races and Canada's under Fox, but perhaps they'll release more info closer to the race. The website does say they should have more television rights coming so Speed may still be negotiating or something.

I'm surprised that it's only a month to the first race but I've seen no advertising for it whatsoever in the UK. Is it the same elsewhere around the world?
Old 9 Aug 2014, 23:15 (Ref:3442904)   #270
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mekola View Post
Mi good friend Facundo Galella made a simulation of the 2015 Buenos Aires ePrix circuit of Formula E:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whWXqGnAlnQ
Great work by him. Thanks for sharing Mekola.
Old 10 Aug 2014, 07:42 (Ref:3442951)   #271
Rob29
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire,UK
Rob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Planing to have a look at these things at Donigton on 19th to see if they are as bad as portrayed here,having been oferred a free ticket by the website.
Old 11 Aug 2014, 18:57 (Ref:3443531)   #272
BtccLee
Veteran

BtccLee should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBtccLee should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBtccLee should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tucky View Post
The Formula E website has only released 4 networks which will cover the races and Canada's under Fox, but perhaps they'll release more info closer to the race. The website does say they should have more television rights coming so Speed may still be negotiating or something.

I'm surprised that it's only a month to the first race but I've seen no advertising for it whatsoever in the UK. Is it the same elsewhere around the world?
It has been regularly advertised during the BTCC meetings on ITV4..
Old 16 Aug 2014, 19:18 (Ref:3444700)   #273
sceptic
Veteran

sceptic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tucky View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BtccLee View Post
It has been regularly advertised during the BTCC meetings on ITV4.
It's also been heavily advertised during other sport on ITV - including at half time in the Champions League final, and the World Cup, and during the Tour de France and French Open tennis.
Old 17 Aug 2014, 07:25 (Ref:3444756)   #274
Rob29
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire,UK
Rob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Anyone seen their free ticket for Tuesday test? Was promised by e-mail but no sign yet.
Old 9 Sep 2014, 13:02 (Ref:3451492)   #275
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
So... the championship is kicking off this weekend and I don't see particularly high hype here or in other forums or respected media. Even teams like Andretti Autosport have nothing recent to say about in on their official page or FB account, it's like 'whatever'. In fact I too had already forgotten it and found out it was starting now by pure coincidence. Smells like Formula 2.

So single day event in China it is. You know I was a fan of A1GP and Superleague Formula had some interesting ideas, so weird format like this could work. Maybe. While the cars are... what they are the fanboost is one of the silliest fake gimmicks anywhere, the overall format has some promise in it I think? Street circuits on uncharted territories is probably the most interesting aspect

Guess I need to watch this first event at least