Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 9 May 2011, 20:46 (Ref:2877737)   #76
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGDavid View Post
you could ask Barry S-S if he's dropping the 'British' requirement for his 1-hour.
I think he already has as Cliff asked last year if I could enter a Chevy.
Old 9 May 2011, 22:21 (Ref:2877801)   #77
Cliff Ryan
Veteran

Cliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Barry already has Porsches in his race so should be ok - I'll ask him tomorrow
Old 9 May 2011, 22:26 (Ref:2877803)   #78
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGDavid View Post
you could ask Barry S-S if he's dropping the 'British' requirement for his 1-hour.
I spoke to Barry at Race Retro and he accepted my 924 as it's a 79 model.

I'd checked his race way back last September when I first bought the car, and there were some German cars entered. Pieter Bakker also accepted me in his grid for the Eifelrennen.

It's why I went for an early one. My criteria were:
Pre 80
2-litre
Big enough to get me in
Not an MG
Accepted at fringe historic events
Not something everyone else will be building (and then I'm swamped by the bleeding things )
Old 18 May 2011, 23:28 (Ref:2882395)   #79
MartinSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!
Whhhooooppppsss WRONG DATE

Sorry all

its the WEEKEND of May 6th and 7th (bank holiday weekend) 2012 NOT the week before

my mistake....sorry Peter

Clock is updated on the website

ta
C
Old 19 May 2011, 04:47 (Ref:2882451)   #80
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Is it one day, two days or undecided?
Old 19 May 2011, 04:50 (Ref:2882453)   #81
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes.
Old 19 May 2011, 05:00 (Ref:2882456)   #82
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It's two days according to Claire's post, but unfortunately I can't edit the calender to change from a single day to a "ranged" event. I'll talk to the powers that be.
Old 19 May 2011, 08:36 (Ref:2882509)   #83
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Just seen the post on Facebook, it looks good.
Old 19 May 2011, 08:51 (Ref:2882514)   #84
MartinSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Falce View Post
Just seen the post on Facebook, it looks good.
Lots going on behind the scenes chaps, will update once we have sorted a few things.....but hopefully its GONNA BE GREAT!
Old 19 May 2011, 10:11 (Ref:2882537)   #85
SAMD
Veteran

SAMD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSAMD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaireSmith View Post
Lots going on behind the scenes chaps, will update once we have sorted a few things.....but hopefully its GONNA BE GREAT!
Thats what I like to see. A bit o sense. Realism and optomisim all rolled into one.
Old 4 Jun 2011, 16:08 (Ref:2891088)   #86
Rikki Cann
Racer

England
Rochford Essex
Rikki Cann should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
just found these ; enjoy seems like such a looooong time ago now.

Notice the Lotus is leading
Old 4 Jun 2011, 16:10 (Ref:2891091)   #87
Rikki Cann
Racer

England
Rochford Essex

What a beast.
Old 4 Jun 2011, 16:13 (Ref:2891093)   #88
Rikki Cann
Racer

England
Rochford Essex
great battle between these two

Last edited by Rikki Cann; 4 Jun 2011 at 16:40.
Old 4 Jun 2011, 16:39 (Ref:2891103)   #89
Rikki Cann
Racer

England
Rochford Essex
some more from the WBR

Old 6 Jun 2011, 09:20 (Ref:2891972)   #90
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I note that photobucket pics always seem to get deleted here; is this a preset function within their site?
Old 6 Jun 2011, 19:43 (Ref:2892403)   #91
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
When I posted pics for the caption competition I'm sure I used a photobucket image without problems.....
Old 6 Jun 2011, 19:47 (Ref:2892406)   #92
gt917
Veteran

United Kingdom
Suffolk
gt917 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgt917 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgt917 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Rikki,

John is right about the photos being removed. They have also taken the replies that both Al and i had written. Anyway many thanks for them while they lasted.

To the computer knowledgible among you,
How or who does that, because it is pointless wasting time writing them.
Old 6 Jun 2011, 20:14 (Ref:2892421)   #93
gt917
Veteran

United Kingdom
Suffolk
gt917 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgt917 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgt917 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid

Oops,

Many apologies. Wrong heading. Just found them on other heading. Too many headings for same events confuses me.
Old 12 Sep 2011, 09:17 (Ref:2954272)   #94
MartinSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
Entry Fee for 2012

Just to advise we have set the entry fee for 2012 for the 6 hour.

Its now a weekend event, Practice and Qualifying on the Saturday, 6 hour on the Sunday.

Support races etc and lots of fun

You will find more details re the fees at www.360mrc.com

Ta
Claire
Old 12 Sep 2011, 13:24 (Ref:2954459)   #95
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
Same weekend as Donington Festival!
Old 12 Sep 2011, 13:31 (Ref:2954460)   #96
MartinSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
Tell Donington!!!! I announced that date LAST YEAR John well before Donington!

You have enough clout John, go tell Duncan and the rest of the gang that the 360 announced that weekend along with 2011 first, Its the same ole same ole, too many people trying to get too few cars etc added pressure for nothing.....it gets on my nerves as well but Im not gonna keep moving the meeting just because Donington, they knew full well we was doing it last year that weekend...and they knew it this year as well.

Sorry John, I am not having a dig at you by the way, I moved this meeting once from August to the first may Bank Holiday, no one had anything historic and then Duncan and that lot suddenly want an historic festival.....madness but hey ho.

Last edited by MartinSmith; 12 Sep 2011 at 13:54.
Old 13 Sep 2011, 20:31 (Ref:2955130)   #97
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I see in the latest edition of the Msa's magazine that the 360 MRC has been nominated in the mag's Club Website of the Year. Ladies and Gentlemen, we know our duty....
Old 13 Sep 2011, 23:36 (Ref:2955195)   #98
MartinSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
I never even saw that until I just saw this post .....wow....I dont know what to say.......I will have to update it and do some work on it!!!

Thanks all for the nomination xxx
Old 14 Sep 2011, 00:31 (Ref:2955208)   #99
MartinSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaireSmith View Post
I never even saw that until I just saw this post .....wow....I dont know what to say.......I will have to update it and do some work on it!!!

Thanks all for the nomination xxx
If you want to vote...use this link to

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/msareaderawards2011
Old 14 Sep 2011, 07:34 (Ref:2955268)   #100
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Any news on supports yet Claire?