Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 23 Sep 2000, 07:39 (Ref:38726)   #1
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid

thats pretty good, he won the truck race aswell.
Old 23 Sep 2000, 08:33 (Ref:38728)   #2
Ax Slinger
Veteran

United States
The Lost Coast
Ax Slinger should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah, he won. But there are some people, specifically Mike Wallace for instance, who think that's a pretty cheap way to win.
Old 23 Sep 2000, 12:35 (Ref:38753)   #3
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
what happened?
Old 23 Sep 2000, 15:44 (Ref:38783)   #4
Heeltoe6
Veteran

Heeltoe6 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
From Speedvision
As they weaved through traffic on the backstretch on Lap 197, Busch got a run through the corner.
"We had a good run up there," Busch said. "He made a slip out of [Turn] 4, went low to block me, I went high, and he ran into my front bumper. It's a tough deal. It could have ended better, but we got the win."
Wallace's version: "It unfolded real simple. He had a run and he run in the back of me. It's a real shame. We had a great race, but the kid had to spin me out to win. If that's the mentality of their program, let it be. We're better than they are."
It was not clear from replays whether there actually was contact, or whether Wallace simply lost his back legs in the move high.
http://www.speedvision.com/pub/artic...R/000922e.html

Whether there was contact or not< i find it somewhat eye-brow raising to here Mike Wallace say, "We're better than that." He's had tussles with Jay Sauter, Andy houston, Jack Sprague, and also Busch before. Certainly, not of all them weren't his fault.
Old 3 Oct 2000, 09:33 (Ref:40700)   #5
Ax Slinger
Veteran

United States
The Lost Coast
Ax Slinger should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Myself, I'm one of those that believes that "rubbin' is racin'" philosophy. My wife, on the other hand, thinks it's cheating. Who's right? I dunno...

What bugs me is when one driver does it, and it's all good as far as NASCAR officials are concerned, but another driver does it and they call it cheating.

Along that same line is the recent $25,000.00 fine and 100 point strip on the #24 team for using an "illegal" manifold. Other teams admitted they had used that same manifold, but Hendrick\Gordon\Loomis were the only ones penalized for it. NASCAR is too inconsistent in their enforcement of the rules, if you ask me, and that is bad for the sport. That is where all that "Is NASCAR rigged?" **** comes from.