Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 14 Apr 2012, 00:42 (Ref:3058684)   #3251
Articus
Veteran

Articus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
How is that not the E-Tron? Sounds like one. Then again we dont know what an E-Ton sounds like particularly.

Last edited by Articus; 14 Apr 2012 at 00:57.
Old 14 Apr 2012, 02:49 (Ref:3058716)   #3252
Pandamasque
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Articus View Post
How is that not the E-Tron? Sounds like one. Then again we dont know what an E-Ton sounds like particularly.
Sounds like transmission, turbo, wind and tires. If there's anything that sounds perhaps slightly unusual in those videos it's the loudness of the transmission.
Old 14 Apr 2012, 21:11 (Ref:3059131)   #3253
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
Quote:
A source at Audi Sport has clarified that this car is NOT an e-tron quattro, but rather an ultra. We're guessing then that the ultras will also use the same framed headlight design worn by the e-tron quattros at the Sebring test. The #3 also suggests it is an ultra since the #3 Le Mans car is planned to be and the #3 test car in Sebring is confirmed as an ultra.
source: http://forums.fourtitude.com/entry.p...otos-amp-Video
Old 14 Apr 2012, 22:27 (Ref:3059171)   #3254
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
So how many test have been done with the E-Tron? Just Sebring so far?
Old 15 Apr 2012, 11:28 (Ref:3059448)   #3255
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
So how many test have been done with the E-Tron? Just Sebring so far?
No, the shakedown of the hybrid R18 was done in October 2011 and Audi has been testing extensively since the end of last year.
Quote:
The project e-tron quattro for motorsport started in February 2010. Only 18 months passed from the initial conceptual ideas to the first test. "This is a relatively short cycle for a technology that has never been tested in motorsport and which still doesn’t even exist in production," stresses Dr. Martin Mühlmeier, Head of Technology at Audi Sport. "The challenge is correspondingly big."
We are aware of at least the following tests:
  • November, Paul Ricard: #2 (source)
  • December, Sebring: #2 + #3 (source)
  • January-February, Abu Dhabi: #2 (source) + #3 (source)
  • March, Road Atlanta: ? (source)
  • March, Sebring: #1 + #2 + #3 (source)
  • April, Monza: #3 (source)
We know that the test cars with #1 and #2 are e-tron quattros and the car with #3 is an ultra.
Old 15 Apr 2012, 20:59 (Ref:3059862)   #3256
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
We know Sebring a 30hr test, any others of that length with the E-Tron? I wonder if they could possibly be fooling people by running the hybrid with a different # on the car. In Bahrain I think it's probably the Hybrid like you said because Audi wouldn't give out information on the car or driver. If it were a regular R18 Ultra why not just say so?
Old 15 Apr 2012, 21:08 (Ref:3059867)   #3257
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
We know Sebring a 30hr test, any others of that length with the E-Tron? I wonder if they could possibly be fooling people by running the hybrid with a different # on the car. In Bahrain I think it's probably the Hybrid like you said because Audi wouldn't give out information on the car or driver. If it were a regular R18 Ultra why not just say so?
Why hide they tested the e-tron?
Old 16 Apr 2012, 09:12 (Ref:3060077)   #3258
EverOne
Racer

Spain
Madrid
EverOne has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Anyone knows if Audi has plan to enter the R8 LMS on any LMS/ALMS/WEC championship in the future?
Old 16 Apr 2012, 09:23 (Ref:3060080)   #3259
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
In the States, GMG (one of the ALMS GTC teams) have got a couple of R8s and are in the process of getting them approved for World Challenge- they've also talked about the idea of racing one in ALMS at some point, though they say it would need some involvement from Audi to get the car homologated.
That suggests Audi don't seem to be in any hurry to homologate a GTE version yet...

http://www.autoblog.com/2012/03/29/a...-racing-in-th/
Old 16 Apr 2012, 21:52 (Ref:3060524)   #3260
TF110
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
Why hide they tested the e-tron?
Why so secretive about what cars they ran in Abu Dhabi? It's just a question I asked. I never said they did hide it.
Old 17 Apr 2012, 16:07 (Ref:3061008)   #3261
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Looks like the Ultra programme in the #4 is getting a boost with the addition of Gene. Another guy who has experience of the Peugeot. He'll slot in for Spa too I imagine.
Old 17 Apr 2012, 16:32 (Ref:3061023)   #3262
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Mug shot

Old 17 Apr 2012, 16:46 (Ref:3061033)   #3263
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Gene in Audi colours... so strange.

Why only a reserve? Have they confirmed their 12 drivers for Le Mans? Maybe they'll give him a run in another WEC race.

EDIT: I see they have confirmed him for Spa.
Old 17 Apr 2012, 16:57 (Ref:3061037)   #3264
Creep89
Veteran

Germany
Herne
Creep89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Audi already confirmed their drivers for Le Mans, but no one knows wether Bernhard will be ready for Le Mans or not. So it's a good move by Audi Sport signing Gene.
Old 17 Apr 2012, 17:02 (Ref:3061043)   #3265
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Down F0rce View Post
Gene in Audi colours... so strange.

Why only a reserve? Have they confirmed their 12 drivers for Le Mans? Maybe they'll give him a run in another WEC race.

EDIT: I see they have confirmed him for Spa.
I reckon thats got to do with Bernhards injury . Still dont know if he will be fit for Le Mans .
Old 17 Apr 2012, 17:25 (Ref:3061052)   #3266
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Sensible decision, they needed a reserve anyway with Bonanomi stepping up, and they needed an experienced one acutely with Bernhard being out of commission for Spa. Gene is definitely the best available option in that regard as the only ex-Peugeot driver without conflicting commitments.
Old 17 Apr 2012, 17:32 (Ref:3061058)   #3267
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Official , Gene replaces Bernhard : http://www.endurance-info.com/versio...nce-10305.html
Old 17 Apr 2012, 17:42 (Ref:3061064)   #3268
Plex
Rookie

Plex should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Congrats Gene....Very good and smart move by Audi...With Peugeot out of the equation Audi can build a very strong driver profile...
Old 17 Apr 2012, 17:53 (Ref:3061070)   #3269
Articus
Veteran

Articus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Of the main Peugeot drivers the only unemployed right now appears to be Franck Montagny...Not to say i'm surprised. He appears to be forbidden fruit after his charades under the wings of peugeot.
Old 17 Apr 2012, 18:04 (Ref:3061072)   #3270
EverOne
Racer

Spain
Madrid
EverOne has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Of the main Peugeot drivers the only unemployed right now appears to be Franck Montagny...Not to say i'm surprised. He appears to be forbidden fruit after his charades under the wings of peugeot.
"Mr Montagny is not driving for me and he ' ll never drive for me" Ulrich Dixit
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xipnO9gofhI
Old 17 Apr 2012, 18:07 (Ref:3061075)   #3271
Articus
Veteran

Pretty much says it all..
Old 17 Apr 2012, 19:16 (Ref:3061108)   #3272
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Maybe the next driver Audi hire will be Rossi?

http://uk.reuters.com/article/2012/0...83G0L820120417
Old 17 Apr 2012, 19:20 (Ref:3061111)   #3273
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Yes, I considered his conflicting commitment to be 'being Franck Montagny'. Gene has not always been a saint with respect to blocking Audi either, so I guess he got the nod because Audi won at LM in 2011 and Dr. Ulrich forgot about it?!
Old 17 Apr 2012, 20:38 (Ref:3061155)   #3274
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmk View Post
Yes, I considered his conflicting commitment to be 'being Franck Montagny'. Gene has not always been a saint with respect to blocking Audi either, so I guess he got the nod because Audi won at LM in 2011 and Dr. Ulrich forgot about it?!
Isn't Montagny noted to drive the Loeb Racing car at the test day?
Old 17 Apr 2012, 21:06 (Ref:3061164)   #3275
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
In regards to the driver situation, Davidson, Gene and Montangy were all guilty of pulling daft blocking maneuvers at LM last year, though I don't know where Anthony fits in--the only thing I vividly remember as a blocking move was when he out-braked himself while racing Fassler for the lead.

Audi probably would've wanted Ant for their program, but by the time Timo got hurt, Toyota Motorsport snagged him for a part season program. Franck has built up a record for making boneheaded, overly aggressive moves, and though I don't fault him for the PLM debacle (racing accident that probably wasn't helped by the '11 R18's horrid vision), that move still left a bad taste in a lot of people's mouths, judging by the forum reaction and what people are still saying today. He made quite a laundry list not only at Peugeot, but also AGR (I believe that Martin Spetz called Montangy an a** once), and once you get that bad rep, it can be a while before one can live it down, and when Dr. Ullrich from Audi speaks about something that ticks him off, rightfully or wrongfully, people listen.

Marc has been a fast and consistent driver, and has been excellent at giving feed back in testing and to help develop a car, and a very steady pair of hands is probably what Audi wants for a reserve or temporary replacement driver. He also has diesel and closed cockpit LMP1 experience, and all of that combines to make him an ideal candidate in the eyes of Audi Sport it seems.