Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 9 Feb 2009, 22:38 (Ref:2392009)   #1301
MulsanneMike
Veteran

United States
MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FĂ©lix
BTW Mike, wasn't there a press release about Zytek providing electro-mechanical powershift for the ARX-01? That's probably where the electric paddle-shifter mentioned on your page is coming from.
ARX-01 used the Zytek/HPD system, ARX-02a uses a HPD/WR designed system. But I'm somewhat doubtful that the gear engagement is through an electric motor. Hell, maybe it is, though I was under the impression other systems are pneumatic or hydraulic.
Old 11 Feb 2009, 00:58 (Ref:2394241)   #1302
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
What seems to be missing is that Mike as added the ARX-02 to his site, which we techies all know the drill on where to look on that one.
Old 11 Feb 2009, 01:44 (Ref:2394253)   #1303
MulsanneMike
Veteran

United States
MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chernaudi
What seems to be missing is that Mike as added the ARX-02 to his site, which we techies all know the drill on where to look on that one.
Given the forum rules I can't really post my own link...Usually I wait a few races (at very least) before I put something up on a new car, so consider the ARX-02 page a work in progress.
Old 11 Feb 2009, 07:43 (Ref:2394324)   #1304
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted bennett
Fly by Wire throttle would be my guess, handy to have when combined with a sequential gearbox quick shift system. Throttle is free in P1 but defined as direct mechanical linkage in P2.
Bet that would have solved the throttle issue Zytek were repeatedly having .
Old 11 Feb 2009, 16:19 (Ref:2395507)   #1305
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
Why wouldn't the Acura have something similar to a fly by wire throttle-it's legal in LMP1, but the normal throttle on the ARX-01 was a normal throttle. But why would Zytek have so many throttle issues-Audi, Porsche, and Acura never did, and Acura has ties to Zytek.
Old 11 Feb 2009, 22:18 (Ref:2395720)   #1306
NightStalk3r
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wiltshire, England
NightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Seems Sirius XM are preparing for bankruptcy, so i guess that will leave De Ferran without a sponsor.
Old 11 Feb 2009, 22:43 (Ref:2395723)   #1307
Audi Racer
Veteran

United States
Audi Racer has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightStalk3r
Seems Sirius XM are preparing for bankruptcy, so i guess that will leave De Ferran without a sponsor.
I'd be glad to see the XM sponsorship go as the livery does not work well. They should either chose the andretti green livery or lasyears not both. The will have sponsors. Panasonic and ELS Surround. that is a beautiful livery
Old 11 Feb 2009, 22:45 (Ref:2395725)   #1308
Audi Racer
Veteran

United States
Can anybody find the photo of the De Ferran LMP2 before we saw the car last year. It was a white acura LMP2 with panasonic sposorship
Old 11 Feb 2009, 22:49 (Ref:2395728)   #1309
Audi Racer
Veteran

United States
I am pretty sure that in the future if Acura never go to Lemans. Simon Pagenaud will apply to drive for peugeot at Lemans. If he drives the way he drove last year he should get a seat in 2010. He was the fastest guy in any of the ORECA courages in the 2008 edition Lemans
Old 11 Feb 2009, 22:59 (Ref:2395737)   #1310
Breitling24
Veteran

Breitling24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBreitling24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightStalk3r
Bankruptcy doesn't mean SiriusXM is going out of business. Reorganization is more likely, meaning they can continue, pretty much as is, while working with debtors, etc. IIRC, there were a team or two in NASCoT that filed, that continued while reorganizing. It can still be argued as a good ROI in their advertizing budget. Time will tell.

"Travel makes a wise man better, and a fool worse." Thomas Fuller
Old 11 Feb 2009, 23:30 (Ref:2395761)   #1311
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Audi Racer
Can anybody find the photo of the De Ferran LMP2 before we saw the car last year. It was a white acura LMP2 with panasonic sposorship
http://tentenths.com/forum/showpost....&postcount=117 ?
Old 11 Feb 2009, 23:55 (Ref:2395787)   #1312
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Audi Racer
I'd be glad to see the XM sponsorship go as the livery does not work well. They should either chose the andretti green livery or lasyears not both. The will have sponsors. Panasonic and ELS Surround. that is a beautiful livery
Panasonic ELS is off the car I believe. Being glad to see a sportscar team lose a sponsor in 2009 is insane in my opinion.
Old 12 Feb 2009, 06:57 (Ref:2395905)   #1313
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chernaudi
But why would Zytek have so many throttle issues-Audi, Porsche, and Acura never did, and Acura has ties to Zytek.
Zytek had big issues a few years ago , something to do with the manufacturing process , which I find as a complete crap reason . We never get cable failures , where I work , if we did , things would fall from the sky !!!

Zytek is not Audi , Porsche or Acura !!!
Old 12 Feb 2009, 07:22 (Ref:2395917)   #1314
The Badger
Veteran

Sorry ..... to clarify , they were still using direct cable linkage .
Old 12 Feb 2009, 16:02 (Ref:2396203)   #1315
Aslak Vind
Veteran

Denmark
Copenhagen
Aslak Vind should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I can remember speaking a LMS race from Spa, where a Zytek grinded to a stop, after claiming it suddenly had 9 gears..
Old 12 Feb 2009, 16:53 (Ref:2396240)   #1316
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Sorry for a small off Topic. But i need clarification on something.
WR when talking Acura, is something completely different from WR (Welter Racing former WM)?
Old 12 Feb 2009, 16:58 (Ref:2396246)   #1317
Stefvh
Veteran

Belgium
Stefvh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
WR of Acura is Wirth Research.
Old 12 Feb 2009, 16:59 (Ref:2396249)   #1318
Hugewally
Veteran

United States
Largo, FL USA
Hugewally should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Woger Rabbit?
Old 12 Feb 2009, 17:03 (Ref:2396252)   #1319
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
Mike did his usual writeup: http://www.mulsannescorner.com/AcuraARX-02.html As always, good reading material.
Old 12 Mar 2009, 19:26 (Ref:2414464)   #1320
the real Stig
Rookie

the real Stig should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Acura on SPEEDtv

Check for schedule:

http://www.speedtv.com/programs/proj...ext-challenge/
Old 12 Mar 2009, 20:02 (Ref:2414488)   #1321
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It premiers right after the SpeedTv pre-race/pre-season show. Here

L.P.
Old 12 Mar 2009, 23:37 (Ref:2414613)   #1322
Audi Racer
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aslak Vind View Post
I can remember speaking a LMS race from Spa, where a Zytek grinded to a stop, after claiming it suddenly had 9 gears..
interesting development
Old 14 Mar 2009, 17:17 (Ref:2415580)   #1323
Audi Racer
Veteran

United States
deleted
Old 14 Mar 2009, 18:51 (Ref:2415632)   #1324
Audi Racer
Veteran

United States
thats not good. brabham said he couldn't see the apex to the corner. And most of the problems are related to the hydraulic steering. The drivers said they had not even done a full stint due to problems until the most recent 12 hour test. Gil Deferran was hoping out of the car cursing in one scene??aparently cramping. Is it that physical to drive the acura. Strange that they would have more fuel spill problems on the de ferran car. Something that had to do with the fuel hose pulling the seals in the tank out of the car.
Theyre basically coming in at the same level as audi. They missed some much track time at the begining of the testing because the car wasn't ready. ALso weather ruined theyre test just as much as it ruined audi's testing
Old 14 Mar 2009, 19:00 (Ref:2415634)   #1325
Audi Racer
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmk View Post
Panasonic ELS is off the car I believe. Being glad to see a sportscar team lose a sponsor in 2009 is insane in my opinion.
Also ELS is back i thought the same. The top dive planes were changed from michelin to ELS in Project LMP1