Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 18 Jun 2008, 18:00 (Ref:2232078)   #151
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by zac510
Why not diesel NSX
Because of this. link

L.P.
Old 18 Jun 2008, 18:46 (Ref:2232102)   #152
TRuss
Veteran

TRuss should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTRuss should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I thought that they would have changed their mind over the last year but it appears that Honda/Acura seem determined to ruin the NSX. Possibly two plus two. Engine in the front. And why a V10? That idea made a little sense when this idea was first conceived several years ago and they could have made the F1 V10 connection. Sorry guys you missed that boat. Just make a traditional Ferrari wannabe succesor. At the very least, name it something other than NSX.

Back on topic. What will Acura race next year? Who the hell knows.?
Old 18 Jun 2008, 19:15 (Ref:2232112)   #153
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRuss
I thought that they would have changed their mind over the last year but it appears that Honda/Acura seem determined to ruin the NSX. Possibly two plus two. Engine in the front. And why a V10? That idea made a little sense when this idea was first conceived several years ago and they could have made the F1 V10 connection. Sorry guys you missed that boat. Just make a traditional Ferrari wannabe succesor. At the very least, name it something other than NSX.

Back on topic. What will Acura race next year? Who the hell knows.?
Hmm, a V-10 configuration is nonsensical in a prototype? Or with VVT or DOD technology applied to it woud not be ecenomical and yet still have the capability to be high performance enough to be in the top tier Sports Car bracket?
And it could/might be very relevant as to what Acura/HPD run next year!

L.P.
Old 18 Jun 2008, 19:22 (Ref:2232118)   #154
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Wasn't there a sound design reason we did not see V10's for so many years?
Old 18 Jun 2008, 19:56 (Ref:2232159)   #155
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
Not really. More preference, than unsound design, as it takes more work. Judd GV series of engines plus several that are covered here .

L.P.
Old 26 Jun 2008, 21:54 (Ref:2238348)   #156
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Here's one for ya .
End-info are reporting that Franck Montagny has been signed by AGR as lead driver for the remaining 7 rounds !!! To be partnered by differant drivers starting at Lime Rock with Marco Andretti .

I wonder has he been promised something more , like an LMP1 drive !?!?!?

Man ..... he should bring some serious sparks with him . Brilliant driver !!!

http://www.endurance-info.com/articl...d=5894&thold=0

No reason given for the departure of Herta & Fittipaldi .

Last edited by The Badger; 26 Jun 2008 at 21:57.
Old 26 Jun 2008, 22:02 (Ref:2238354)   #157
supermario21
Racer

supermario21 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsupermario21 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
http://www.theautochannel.com/news/2...26/091248.html

Looks like that Bryan and Christian are both gone. I don't know what sparked this. Anyways, Franck is super quick and Marco/Tony (maybe even Danica) will make a super team.
Old 26 Jun 2008, 22:05 (Ref:2238357)   #158
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Who's Tony ? I dont think Danica Patrick is a safe bet if you want to win , at least not without some serious chassis time .
Old 26 Jun 2008, 22:16 (Ref:2238367)   #159
supermario21
Racer

supermario21 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsupermario21 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I meant Tony Kanaan, but I do agree with you that Danica would be a liability in the car.
Old 26 Jun 2008, 23:40 (Ref:2238399)   #160
cptkablamo
Veteran

Australia
cptkablamo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcptkablamo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That came out of nowhere didn't it? Wonder what the reasoning behind it is - but I can't see how AGR are going to do any good with a rotational driving roster - even if Montagny is a stable driver (good for him, he deserves the break)
Old 26 Jun 2008, 23:42 (Ref:2238404)   #161
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Wow, thats def good news for the anti-Porsche crowd. No, nothing against Porsche, more of a can't somebody else get the sharp edge at the end of the race reaction. It will be a screamer with Montangy and Andretti in it and it makes me think the Acura LMP1 will be out next year, maybe even built before the end of this season for testing. I'm gonna guess Franck will run maximum time every race, counting back from the end, to minimize the impact of the rotating codriver.
Any idea of Herta and Fittipaldi will be running an AGR Indy car this year or were let go?

Last edited by broadrun96; 26 Jun 2008 at 23:47.
Old 26 Jun 2008, 23:44 (Ref:2238406)   #162
The359
Veteran

United States
Pennsylvania, USA
The359 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Danica didn't have too much of a problem driving a Prodrive Ferrari at Road Atlanta...
Old 26 Jun 2008, 23:54 (Ref:2238410)   #163
Stefvh
Veteran

Belgium
Stefvh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
She drove the Acura car last year in a private test at Sebring. Don't have an idea of her laptimes.
Old 27 Jun 2008, 00:22 (Ref:2238422)   #164
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
Well with AGR clearing out the cockpit and bringing on Franck Montagny as the primary driver (ALMS news) and having their faster pilots from the open wheel program join him. It looks as if they have been given the word that if the performance is not any better than what it has been they will not have a chance at the P-1 program. So it seems that the P-1 program is on the way.

L.P.
Old 27 Jun 2008, 01:26 (Ref:2238440)   #165
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The359
Danica didn't have too much of a problem driving a Prodrive Ferrari at Road Atlanta...
No, she didn't have any problems driving it... just not quickly.
Old 27 Jun 2008, 01:34 (Ref:2238443)   #166
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I remember reading somewhere, maybe Murphy, that one of the current Acura teams won't be around next year in the ALMS. I thought it might be AGR, but now...... Also, at the beginning of the season there was an Acura show on Speed, and Brian Herta was talking about how nice it will be to have the same co-driver for the whole season. I guess he was right, he did only have one co-driver (+1 at Sebring), but he prolly didn't expect his season to be over so soon!
Old 27 Jun 2008, 03:09 (Ref:2238475)   #167
nasdriv87
Veteran

Brazil
Brazil
nasdriv87 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by supermario21
http://www.theautochannel.com/news/2...26/091248.html

Looks like that Bryan and Christian are both gone. I don't know what sparked this. Anyways, Franck is super quick and Marco/Tony (maybe even Danica) will make a super team.
can't undestanding right now! they've been doing a good job at agr-acura till last race!!!
Old 27 Jun 2008, 03:40 (Ref:2238482)   #168
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Wow! Didn't see this coming. Montagny will be incredibly strong for Acura, not sure on the changing partners though.
And as for Danica, she can stay in IRL-just my two cents.
Old 27 Jun 2008, 04:03 (Ref:2238489)   #169
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
For whatever reason Bryan and Christian just did not seem to have the necessary fire, I feel Scott Sharp might also be in this category. Fortunately their ex-IRL compatriots De Ferran and Fernandez don't seem to suffer the same malaise.

It's great to see Franck getting this opportunity; his pace at Le Mans for Pescarolo and Peugeot has always been standout. I now realize that he himself dropped a huge hint about this ride at Le Mans, when he responded upon being quizzed about his relationship with Forsythe and potential sportcar programs for the latter. He said that Forsythe was happy with him and he would be in the loop for anything they might be putting together for the ALMS or elsewhere, but at the same time he had a deal coming together to be in a prototype in the ALMS that was not GF's. Now it all makes sense.

With Marco the 2nd pilot when available, it seems to suggest that it will not be active AGR IRL drivers taking his place when he is absent. I wonder who will get the shot - anyone likely on AGR's radar for a future IRL seat?
Old 27 Jun 2008, 05:16 (Ref:2238504)   #170
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
They should have Montagny and Andretti for the rest of the season as far as I'm concerned. If they don't have a consistent line-up, they'll be shooting themselves in the foot.
Old 27 Jun 2008, 05:55 (Ref:2238510)   #171
protopuma
Racer

protopuma should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I wonder who will get the shot - anyone likely on AGR's radar for a future IRL seat?
Matos already has P2 experience driving with BK and is right now driving for AGR in Indy Lights.
Old 27 Jun 2008, 08:58 (Ref:2238577)   #172
dj4monie
Veteran

United States
Reseda, California
dj4monie is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
That's a shame. No results I guess is the cause. Brian was solid last season, seemed solid this season, not sure why. Christian on the other hand, cracked up the car a couple of times, so I guess that might be why.

Franck was fast at Le Mans, makes a sensible choice since he's effectively one of the third drivers and without a regular ride otherwise. He was fast at Long Beach too...
Old 27 Jun 2008, 09:03 (Ref:2238582)   #173
dj4monie
Veteran

United States
Reseda, California
dj4monie is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The359
Matech were the ones discussing a GT1 version of the Ford GT.
There version of it looks better and has the direct blessing from Ford since the also run the FR500GT3 effort and sales of the FR500C car which De Donker has continued to win in and drives the GT3 version of it too with Scott Maxwell.
Old 27 Jun 2008, 14:01 (Ref:2238760)   #174
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dj4monie
That's a shame. No results I guess is the cause. Brian was solid last season, seemed solid this season, not sure why. Christian on the other hand, cracked up the car a couple of times, so I guess that might be why.

Franck was fast at Le Mans, makes a sensible choice since he's effectively one of the third drivers and without a regular ride otherwise. He was fast at Long Beach too...
I think all of the drivers at AGR have made key mistakes over the past two years that have kept them out of victory lane. A clean slate is what they need. I'm looking forward to seeing Marco wheel the car at lime rock.
Old 27 Jun 2008, 14:07 (Ref:2238762)   #175
Subaru_WRX_STi
Veteran

Tunisia
Ariana, Tunisia
Subaru_WRX_STi has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Brian Herta fired why ? he was fast with the AGR car !