Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > My Track Designs

Old 13 Apr 2006, 22:02 (Ref:1580783)   #1
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Borders Motorplex

Call it bandwagon jumping if you wish, but with the Silverstone announcement, I've had this one on the backburner for a while. I can't say as I'm completely happy with the way the circuit came out compared to my original idea but here it is for comment, edit or just to be laughed at.....

Borders Motorplex is a one stop catch all for motorsports fans. Set in the rolling countryside of the Scottish Borders just North of Kelso. Borders Motorplex consists of a Grandprix length Circuit which can be operated as 2 separate club circuits at the same time.
Also within the Motorplex is a 1/4 mile drag strip, a purpose built Stock car oval and a Karting complex.
Attached Thumbnails
Drag_Kart1.jpg  
Old 13 Apr 2006, 22:20 (Ref:1580800)   #2
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Edit time ran out...

I forgot to say that the Stock car oval is a little over 1/4 mile long
Old 13 Apr 2006, 22:47 (Ref:1580828)   #3
Rockmunky
Veteran

England
'artfordshire
Rockmunky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRockmunky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dude! High detail!! Bit too twisty for my liking, though i'll comment again in the miorning!
Old 13 Apr 2006, 22:56 (Ref:1580844)   #4
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
Yeah it's turned out more like a bike circuit than I had intended...strangely the circuit I'm currently working on is going the same way.
Old 13 Apr 2006, 23:39 (Ref:1580884)   #5
Alwaysfirst
Veteran

United Kingdom
The rural idyl.
Alwaysfirst should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Tip: Don't do your track as thick. It means that any corners that you want to be fast & flowing get made to be chunky & tight. Just use thinner lines & you get a much more flowing circuit. Even on pasic plans on paint I now use the 3 pixel line width rather than the 5 just because even on a scale as small as this it makes a lot of difference.

ps. Tip could in fact be completly useless as is just my thoughts on why you may be having this problem.

RIP Marco Simoncelli, 1987-2011. 2008 250cc champion
Old 14 Apr 2006, 10:19 (Ref:1581117)   #6
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
City of Glasgow, Scotland, UK
nickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I used to do tracks that thick, they looked like kart tracks, look in the best track thread, its must be on the fourth page or something.
Old 14 Apr 2006, 12:31 (Ref:1581221)   #7
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
As mentioned earlier, this is actually a design that's been on my computer for a while, and yes I agree that the track has been drawn too thickly also the scale for the oval and drag strip are miles out as well.

It was based on a sketch in which I had actually drawn the the circuit of parallel lines. More recent designs I've created have been single line layouts which I've found work better for me.
Old 14 Apr 2006, 16:41 (Ref:1582302)   #8
Rockmunky
Veteran

England
'artfordshire
Rockmunky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRockmunky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, i'm now imagining it with a skinnyer track, and it's okay, some pretty cool corners, although i don't think that schicane on the top stretch it necescary.
Old 15 Apr 2006, 19:06 (Ref:1582996)   #9
V8_TURBO
Veteran

MagnetON
Glasgow
V8_TURBO should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That is a cool track but it is a wee bit too twisty. But I really like the 1/4 mile drag strip.