Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > National & Club Racing

Old 2 Dec 2005, 12:12 (Ref:1475606)   #1
EUROCARS
Rookie

United Kingdom
Kent
EUROCARS has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
New V8 Series

This new V8 series that Chris Tucker is putting together.

Would SCSA cars be able to enter as there will be alot lying around doing nothing soon.
Old 2 Dec 2005, 12:18 (Ref:1475609)   #2
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
I suggest you drop James Tucker a call. His details are available from the EERC website.

ps, don't call him Chris!
Old 2 Dec 2005, 12:25 (Ref:1475621)   #3
EUROCARS
Rookie

United Kingdom
Kent
EUROCARS has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Oops im sorry.
Old 2 Dec 2005, 13:19 (Ref:1475667)   #4
R59
Veteran

Heard and McDonald Islands
Bedfordshire
R59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by EUROCARS
This new V8 series that Chris Tucker is putting together.

Would SCSA cars be able to enter as there will be alot lying around doing nothing soon.
What makes you say that?
Old 2 Dec 2005, 13:38 (Ref:1475678)   #5
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by EUROCARS
Do you have any evidence to back this up (a link or source we can validate)? You've mentioned it before in other threads but as yet we've seen nothing to back it up, without corroboration it's a dead end.

The question "Are SCSA cars eligible for the new series?" is valid though
Old 2 Dec 2005, 19:47 (Ref:1475937)   #6
Minicross424
Veteran

United Kingdom
Ashford Kent
Minicross424 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Im quite excited about this new series and will be interested to see who enters with what cars.
If i could gain some rear wheel experance i would be up for a drive.
Old 2 Dec 2005, 22:20 (Ref:1476011)   #7
insideline
Rookie

England
insideline should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I hope it does come off, the british racing scene needs big bangers again
Old 3 Dec 2005, 00:35 (Ref:1476079)   #8
chezza
Veteran

England
Shrewton, Wiltshire
chezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Would be good to see...but there needs to be some other series removed too. Thats a point...Sam you haven't started your usual series cull thread!
Old 3 Dec 2005, 07:48 (Ref:1476152)   #9
graham bahr
Veteran

England
cambs
graham bahr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgraham bahr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
sorry to pour water on the coals but why do we need a new V8 series?
there are other places you can race v8's, ok a big grid of them would make a nice noise, although ever tightening noise limits make sthat doubtfull.

what we should be aiming for is LESS race series, but with bigger grids full of cars that are competitive, i would rather see a full grid race of turbo and V8 cars that are all dicing rather than two half grids

its not speed thats dangerous, just the sudden lack of it!
Old 3 Dec 2005, 10:43 (Ref:1476217)   #10
retro_msport
Racer

England
Harlow
retro_msport should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm with you on this one Graham,

I enjoy watching different cars mixing it up on track, take the Aussie TC V8's a big long train of cars on on the fast line, yes there is overtaking, but it starts on the straight and finishes at the apex. Mix a few different cars in there and the lines change, cars diving across, going under, around and .. ok sometimes through (not a recomended move) but the racing is good.
Old 3 Dec 2005, 12:35 (Ref:1476260)   #11
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Warning, what follows is a rant and does not necessarily represent the opinions of Ten-Tenths.
(To be honest, it probably doesn't even represent the opinions of the poster when they aren't ranting.)

I'm in the "No...., please, no more new series" camp. The current series line up us not serving drivers, marshals or spectators well, and adding anything, however worthy, is not going to help. I love Aussie V8s, and part of that is because there's so many and lots are competitive. Another semi-club series of 10-12 cars driven by drivers of hugely varying capability is a waste of time even if the cars are individually wonderful.

There should, IMO, be a blanket ban on all new series for a couple of years, along with an instruction to all co-ordinators that if you can't find 20 cars regularly, go look for someone in a similar postion to amalgamate with.

We now return you to our normal ramblings.

OK, I'm lying down now. Nurse!
Old 3 Dec 2005, 13:02 (Ref:1476268)   #12
kipper
Veteran

England
Leics
kipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridkipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I wouldn't really advocate a blanket ban on new series, however, I would agree that there needs to be some sort of ruling to ensure that series are of a strong nature, with say a requirement to provide, say 15 cars for each race for the first year with a need to provide 20 cars for races thereafter. If championships fail to meet these reqirements then they ever have to end or merge with a comparable championship.
Old 3 Dec 2005, 13:04 (Ref:1476269)   #13
graham bahr
Veteran

England
cambs
graham bahr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgraham bahr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woolley
Warning, what follows is a rant and does not necessarily represent the opinions of Ten-Tenths.
(To be honest, it probably doesn't even represent the opinions of the poster when they aren't ranting.)

I'm in the "No...., please, no more new series" camp. The current series line up us not serving drivers, marshals or spectators well, and adding anything, however worthy, is not going to help. I love Aussie V8s, and part of that is because there's so many and lots are competitive. Another semi-club series of 10-12 cars driven by drivers of hugely varying capability is a waste of time even if the cars are individually wonderful.

There should, IMO, be a blanket ban on all new series for a couple of years, along with an instruction to all co-ordinators that if you can't find 20 cars regularly, go look for someone in a similar postion to amalgamate with.

We now return you to our normal ramblings.

OK, I'm lying down now. Nurse!
HERE HERE!!

its not speed thats dangerous, just the sudden lack of it!
Old 3 Dec 2005, 14:23 (Ref:1476301)   #14
chezza
Veteran

England
Shrewton, Wiltshire
chezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Whilst I agree with what woolley has said...James Tucker had made the series that he has already started fairly successful. Therefore he is likely to be able to make this one work too.
Old 3 Dec 2005, 14:24 (Ref:1476302)   #15
AW64
Rookie

AW64 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So do i guru
Old 3 Dec 2005, 15:00 (Ref:1476314)   #16
johnw
Veteran

England
Chichester - 1/2 mile from Goodwood
johnw should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There are requirements from the MSA in terms of regular grid sizes, and some championships are under a yellow card - (improve or lose championship status).

I believe that you have to show an average grid of 17 - 20, in order to get a permit for the following season.

Whatever, I agree with you Woolen One and ask that you watch this space regarding amalgamation of two good but small grids, into an exciting large one.
Old 3 Dec 2005, 16:20 (Ref:1476342)   #17
Snapper Baz
Race Official
Veteran

England
Las Vegas, NV. USA
Snapper Baz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnapper Baz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hi John...am I putting 2 & 2 together and thinking that a couple of series you might be involved with are getting tied
Old 3 Dec 2005, 16:55 (Ref:1476355)   #18
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by graham bahr
sorry to pour water on the coals but why do we need a new V8 series?
there are other places you can race v8's, ok a big grid of them would make a nice noise, although ever tightening noise limits make sthat doubtfull.

what we should be aiming for is LESS race series, but with bigger grids full of cars that are competitive, i would rather see a full grid race of turbo and V8 cars that are all dicing rather than two half grids
As a racer of V8's over the years albiet not space frame specials I am with Grahame on this one. I like to race my cars wth a variety of different makes and had good dices last time out with a Rover, Mini, Lotus Cortina etc because I feel variety is the spice of life and this is far more interesting to watch and compete in than a whole load of similiar engined cars.
Old 3 Dec 2005, 17:10 (Ref:1476363)   #19
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
The MSA yellow card only applies to 'championships'. From what I've read the proposed V8 series will be for the first year a 'series of races' rather than a full championship so doesn't need the MSA permit. Britcar/Britsport do the same thing.

I'm a bit in 2 minds about the idea. There's been some discussion elsewhere on this forum about bring back Thunder Saloons, or at least a modern version of it, so there's obviously interest in 'big banger' saloons but I'm not convinced V8 only is the way to go.

On the EERC website the announcement makes reference to "After SCv8's and V8 Stars in Germany.." whilst failing to mntion one never actually got off the grond and the other folded after only a couple of years.
Old 3 Dec 2005, 17:50 (Ref:1476378)   #20
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by chezza
Whilst I agree with what woolley has said...James Tucker had made the series that he has already started fairly successful. Therefore he is likely to be able to make this one work too.
Yes, I'll accept that, but it still meant more meetings further diluting the availability of marshals for a start. The 24hr race merely coped due to some valiant efforts (and some welcome encouragement from the organiser, to give credit where it's due).

I don't believe that there is a car currently or potentialy built that couldn't find somewhere in Britain to race, and I can so no justification for creating another series until this is dealt with. To date, the MSA have made some bold statements and yet done nothing.

John W, I like the sound of what you're saying. If you mean what I think, then you missed the word 'entertaining' from the description of the championships, and joining them together should be even more entertaining.
Old 3 Dec 2005, 17:54 (Ref:1476380)   #21
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
ss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
its a crap, yellow streak, got no bottle piece of regulation that. To pacify the likes of me the MSA introduced this yellow card system, but because they didn't have the balls to stick with it and vested interests from various people involved with certain organisations (I suspect the BRSCC) they put this series/championship rider on it. What a pointless waste of time it made the whole thing.

Now faced with a prospect of issuing the BTCC thier top series with a yellow card its seems that some championships then became exempt.

British Motorsport will die through vested interests, disorganisation, corruption and the old boys network unless something very drastic is done. New series? I'm anti pretty much all new series but because Tucker is behind this I'll let him get on with it simply because he self regulates, if its crap he'll can it or amalgamate.

The championship recognition board should not be made up of senior commitee members of the various bodies it should be made up of competitors and marshals from successful formulea and be headed up by somebody with experience of running events and series (or should that be championship?) and should not currently be involved with the organisation of any championship.

Some series would pretty much get instant championship status based on a strong preceeding year, stock hatch, vee, TRC, FPA, FBMW, F3, Britcar etc..

other series including the BTCC would have to explain thier case for existence, some would be amalgamated - others culled. However this would involve major changes in the archaic organisation of the MSA
Old 3 Dec 2005, 19:10 (Ref:1476403)   #22
johnw
Veteran

England
Hi Baz
Probably not quite what you are thinking, but should be good anyway.

Wooley
Dunno what you think, so not sure if it's what I mean

Sam
I must have missed the bit where the MSA are required to make decisions in order to pacify you.

Agree that the threats were empty, but can understand if (allegedly) people were threatening restriction of trade lawsuits. Another sign of the ambulance chasing lawyers perhaps?

Pro racing will always do whatever it wants due to the money being poured into it.

Club racing competitors are fully able to sort themselves out if they want to stop running in a ten car grid, just needs some energy and assertiveness so that a few feifdoms get dismantled. Might need to sweep up a few shattered egos though.

Look forward to hearing of the corruption, OBN, and other dark behaviours - might there be a book in it? Christmas is coming
Old 4 Dec 2005, 12:10 (Ref:1476763)   #23
R59
Veteran

Heard and McDonald Islands
Bedfordshire
R59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes
There's been some discussion elsewhere on this forum about bring back Thunder Saloons, or at least a modern version of it, so there's obviously interest in 'big banger' saloons but I'm not convinced V8 only is the way to go.
I wasn't advocating a new series, just a one-off race for Thunder/SuperSaloons, and anything that fitted the bill, which covered 4 pot turbo's, six-bangers, etc....

That may yet happen. Things are in their infancy.

James won't want lot of old ancient machinery, some very radical, in his Britcar V8 series. He'll want M5's, A8's, Monaro's, Commodore's, Falcon's, etc..

Rob
Old 4 Dec 2005, 20:43 (Ref:1476932)   #24
johnw
Veteran

England
But what he'll get is Tuscans, Chevy's, Fiestas, Eurocars and Morgans methinks.
Old 4 Dec 2005, 21:21 (Ref:1476949)   #25
kipper
Veteran

England
Leics
kipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridkipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnw
But what he'll get is Tuscans, Chevy's, Fiestas, Eurocars and Morgans methinks.
Perhaps a couple of former V8STARS as well. I saw in Autosport the other week that there is a possible entry of a Jaguar, so hopefully it should prove possible to get a decent grid together.