Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 21 Mar 2014, 02:21 (Ref:3382520)   #2751
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Long Beach is a huge market for many sponsors, but that doesn't really matter to DW if they have no interested sponsors
Old 21 Mar 2014, 02:46 (Ref:3382524)   #2752
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
DW's biggest sponsor now is Don Panoz. As such, one has to wonder what Don's attitude towards LB is with his project?

My comment was directed more at Starworks. They probably won't learn much at LB as far as making the HPD engine work much better. Ironically, LB is in HPD's back yard, as both the LBGP and HPD are located in the LA metro area.
Old 21 Mar 2014, 03:09 (Ref:3382526)   #2753
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
My expectation is that you aren't seeing the DW at Long Beach due to a turning radius, that makes that hairpin impossible or troublesome. Just a hunch though.
Old 21 Mar 2014, 03:27 (Ref:3382528)   #2754
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
Considering that it seems that GT cars can out-corner it, that's also a probably and sign of how seriously this project takes the street courses for not attempting a fix.
Old 21 Mar 2014, 06:02 (Ref:3382536)   #2755
Lagunaseca_4life
Veteran

United States
Central Valley CA
Lagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Of the cars running at long beach, I can only see the mazdas causing issues and maybe the risi car too depending who's driving.
Old 21 Mar 2014, 07:50 (Ref:3382552)   #2756
Ephaeton
Veteran

Austria
Between Österreichring and Nordschleife
Ephaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
(off topic remark redacted by original author. With apologies. )
Old 21 Mar 2014, 10:45 (Ref:3382591)   #2757
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
Shame to see no second Ganassi car; not unexpected, but a shame nonetheless
Old 21 Mar 2014, 10:48 (Ref:3382592)   #2758
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
After hearing Marino Franchitti interviewed on MWM I'm really hopeful he can nail down a full-time drive somehow in the series. He more than deserves it.
Old 21 Mar 2014, 10:49 (Ref:3382593)   #2759
Accident
Veteran

Accident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAccident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAccident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lagunaseca_4life View Post
Of the cars running at long beach, I can only see the mazdas causing issues and maybe the risi car too depending who's driving.
The Mazdas have decent driver line-ups, I only see them bring a problem based on how slow they are, so hopefully they do their best to keep out of the way. I expect them to be dead last in the running order.

I'm not worried about the Risi car, I imagine Mr. Risi's tolerance for mistakes is pretty low right now so I would think that there will be a safe pair of hands going in. Either that or whoever is drafted in has had the fear put into them and are going to play it safe.

Brown and Pew are the only amateurs that will be there, and they usually aren't too dangerous. Hopefully everyone plays nicely with each other and we can have a nice clean race.
Old 21 Mar 2014, 12:55 (Ref:3382626)   #2760
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
After hearing Marino Franchitti interviewed on MWM I'm really hopeful he can nail down a full-time drive somehow in the series. He more than deserves it.
After originally I was rather cynical, I'd say the same for Sage Karam - would be good to see the two of them teamed up. I know that was originally their plan, but I guess the negativity around the series would prevent sponsors in being forthcoming. Here's hoping.
Old 21 Mar 2014, 17:05 (Ref:3382711)   #2761
belt driven
Racer

United States
NE exurban ATL
belt driven has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodger Davies View Post
Shame to see no second Ganassi car; not unexpected, but a shame nonetheless
Aside from the 24 and now Sebring; since 2005 Ganassi has only entered a second car at the 2012 and 2013 Indy, and 2013 Laguna Seca races.

Last edited by belt driven; 21 Mar 2014 at 17:12.
Old 21 Mar 2014, 17:22 (Ref:3382713)   #2762
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
I know, not unexpected, bit they did say they were working on a plan to get a full season deal for Marino and Sage, pity they weren't able to see it through apparently
Old 21 Mar 2014, 19:57 (Ref:3382760)   #2763
Lagunaseca_4life
Veteran

United States
Central Valley CA
Lagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Accident View Post
The Mazdas have decent driver line-ups, I only see them bring a problem based on how slow they are, so hopefully they do their best to keep out of the way. I expect them to be dead last in the running order.

I'm not worried about the Risi car, I imagine Mr. Risi's tolerance for mistakes is pretty low right now so I would think that there will be a safe pair of hands going in. Either that or whoever is drafted in has had the fear put into them and are going to play it safe.

Brown and Pew are the only amateurs that will be there, and they usually aren't too dangerous. Hopefully everyone plays nicely with each other and we can have a nice clean race.
Yea depnding on who is driving for risi it shouldn't be a problem, and yes I feel the mazdas will be slow and last.so far the racing has been clean dp-dp/dp-p2 and I was mainly worried about that.

Ed brown has raced plenty of times at long beach in gt and p2 so I think he know what he needs to do,I don't know about pew though. Is that the over aggressive shank driver a Detroit last year?
Old 21 Mar 2014, 20:37 (Ref:3382776)   #2764
Accident
Veteran

Accident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAccident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAccident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lagunaseca_4life View Post
I don't know about pew though. Is that the over aggressive shank driver a Detroit last year?
Nope, that was Yacaman.

Pew is usually fairly invisible in that you will almost forget the car is even running until Negri jumps in, which for a gentleman driver is a good thing as it means they aren't showing up on the cameras by running off track and such.
Old 22 Mar 2014, 15:28 (Ref:3383031)   #2765
TheMightyM
Veteran

TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!
John Dagys provides a Sebring PC damage update: three cars written off (#87 BAR1 Motorsports, #08 RSR Racing, and #52 PR1/Mathiasen Motorsports) and one damaged but repairable (#38 Performance Tech Motorsports). The teams with destroyed cars are expected to source replacements and be back in action at Laguna Seca.

Of note, PR1/Mathiasen Motorsports has bought a PC car from Level 5.
Old 24 Mar 2014, 17:19 (Ref:3383681)   #2766
TheMightyM
Veteran

TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!
DeltaWing cuts its schedule. Of the remaining races, it will just be at Laguna Seca, Watkins Glen, Mosport, Road America, and Road Atlanta.
Old 25 Mar 2014, 00:07 (Ref:3383873)   #2767
BullMan
Veteran

BullMan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMightyM View Post
DeltaWing cuts its schedule. Of the remaining races, it will just be at Laguna Seca, Watkins Glen, Mosport, Road America, and Road Atlanta.
I would be surprised if it's on the grid at all next year. What a failure. It's too bad Don Panoz couldn't have continued to develop the Esperante.
Old 25 Mar 2014, 00:07 (Ref:3383874)   #2768
TheMightyM
Veteran

Updated Long Beach entry list. Down to 22 cars as the #9 Action Express Racing DP is no longer included.
Old 25 Mar 2014, 00:10 (Ref:3383877)   #2769
Articus
Veteran

Articus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
John Dagys provides a Sebring PC damage update: three cars written off (#87 BAR1 Motorsports, #08 RSR Racing, and #52 PR1/Mathiasen Motorsports) and one damaged but repairable (#38 Performance Tech Motorsports). The teams with destroyed cars are expected to source replacements and be back in action at Laguna Seca.

Of note, PR1/Mathiasen Motorsports has bought a PC car from Level 5.
Oh how unfortunate...
Old 25 Mar 2014, 00:57 (Ref:3383883)   #2770
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Articus View Post
Oh how unfortunate...
That's a little cold! I'm not the biggest fan of the PCs but RSR and PR1/Mathiasen in particular were just caught up in other people's mistakes and don't deserve to have their seasons ruined because of it.

I do hope that if BAR1 gets another car, it's not going to be for Kearby.
Old 25 Mar 2014, 02:03 (Ref:3383899)   #2771
jasonjessica09
Veteran

jasonjessica09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjasonjessica09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Updated Long Beach entry list. Down to 22 cars as the #9 Action Express Racing DP is no longer included.
Not a big deal as far as I am concerned. As long as we don't have any GTLM withdraws. Long Beach is still a race I am greatly looking forward too.
Old 25 Mar 2014, 02:05 (Ref:3383900)   #2772
jasonjessica09
Veteran

jasonjessica09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjasonjessica09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmk View Post
That's a little cold! I'm not the biggest fan of the PCs but RSR and PR1/Mathiasen in particular were just caught up in other people's mistakes and don't deserve to have their seasons ruined because of it.

I do hope that if BAR1 gets another car, it's not going to be for Kearby.
I still somehow think that drivers of any red numbered cars will be quite content with not having to worry about LMPC cars again until late June.
Old 25 Mar 2014, 03:45 (Ref:3383912)   #2773
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Oh I expect so. Not really the fault of the cars themselves, of course. It will be interesting to see what driver quality in the PC lineups is like during the regular season events. Some rent-a-ride folks will be gone, but so will some ringers brought in for enduros.
Old 25 Mar 2014, 18:47 (Ref:3384287)   #2774
TheMightyM
Veteran

Muscle Milk Pickett Racing to skip Long Beach and Laguna Seca.

Quote:
Muscle Milk Pickett Racing has opted to sit out the next two rounds of the TUDOR United SportsCar Championship at Long Beach and Laguna Seca to focus on reliability and performance testing with its ORECA Nissan.
More here
Old 25 Mar 2014, 19:06 (Ref:3384294)   #2775
EricS
Racer

United States
Austin, TX
EricS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There's also this tidbit from Greg:

Quote:
"Additionally, while we did lead some laps at Sebring, the speed differential between the DP cars and the P2s is still quite big and I want to see what the series does with that over the course of the next couple of races, as these will take place at tracks that should favor the P2 cars."
Pot continues to be stirred.