Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 19 Sep 2013, 17:28 (Ref:3306289)   #326
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogelhund View Post
The origin of this picture is the Facebook page of Champion Porsche. There was no text with it, and the only thing I can add is... interesting and yes please.

I'll second that.

L.P.
Old 20 Sep 2013, 03:49 (Ref:3306435)   #327
Lanky Turtle
Veteran

Lanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I would love to see Champion Racing come back in some form, but I can't see Porsche picking them to be the GTLM team when there are plenty of capable teams out there, set up and ready to go, whereas Champion doesn't even currently have a race team.
Old 20 Sep 2013, 04:01 (Ref:3306440)   #328
TRspitfirefan
Veteran

United States
TRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanky Turtle View Post
I would love to see Champion Racing come back in some form, but I can't see Porsche picking them to be the GTLM team when there are plenty of capable teams out there, set up and ready to go, whereas Champion doesn't even currently have a race team.
Doesn't "eight star" now own the former Champion shop?
Old 20 Sep 2013, 05:15 (Ref:3306447)   #329
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRspitfirefan View Post
Doesn't "eight star" now own the former Champion shop?
I believe they are leasing it.
Old 20 Sep 2013, 17:34 (Ref:3306680)   #330
BullMan
Veteran

BullMan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's out it's out it's out!

2014 Tudor United SportsCar Championship

Jan. 25-26 – Rolex 24 at Daytona
March 15 – Twelve Hours of Sebring
April 12 – Long Beach (Prototype and GTLM only)
May 4 – Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca
May 31 – Detroit Belle Isle (P, PC and GTD only)
June 29 – Six Hours of The Glen
July 13 – Canadian Tire Motorsport Park
July 25 – Indianapolis Motor Speedway
August 10 – Road America
August 24 – Virginia International Raceway
September 20 – Circuit of The Americas
October 4 – Petit Le Mans

http://sportscar365.com/imsa/uscc/20...dule-released/

No Kansas! My faith in these people has been slightly restored. Nice to see the VIR date, which coincidentally falls on my birthday. I guess I know what I'll be doing next August 24th.
Old 20 Sep 2013, 17:36 (Ref:3306686)   #331
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Judging by the CoTA date and that the WEC are unlikely to do major changes to the 2014 calendar compared to 2013, I suspect that it'll be a double bill again

And... yay, no Kansas.
Old 20 Sep 2013, 17:37 (Ref:3306688)   #332
Salamus
Veteran

Canada
Ontario
Salamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I'm sure everyone here will approve of this schedule. Definitely a huge step forward.
Old 20 Sep 2013, 17:38 (Ref:3306690)   #333
Ferrari333SP
Veteran

United States
Minnesota
Ferrari333SP has a real shot at the podium!Ferrari333SP has a real shot at the podium!Ferrari333SP has a real shot at the podium!Ferrari333SP has a real shot at the podium!
NIceeee, I like this schedule.
Old 20 Sep 2013, 17:45 (Ref:3306695)   #334
juki
Rookie

juki should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
VIR won't have prototypes, just PC, GTLM, and GTD according to the release on Grand-Am site.

"• Aug. 24: Virginia International Raceway … Danville, Virginia track has fervent fan following and an ALMS race next month. … Formerly part of the Rolex Series schedule. … Event will have a combined GT Le Mans/GT Daytona race and another race featuring the Prototype Challenge class."

"With three circuits (Long Beach, Detroit Belle Isle and Virginia International Raceway) on the 2014 schedule not having all four TUDOR United SportsCar Championship classes competing, each class (Prototype, Prototype Challenge, GT Le Mans and GT Daytona) will race 11 times next season."

http://www.grand-am.com/News/GA_News...-schedule.aspx
Old 20 Sep 2013, 17:49 (Ref:3306697)   #335
Mechanic Z
Veteran

United States
Mos Eisley
Mechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BullMan View Post

2014 Tudor United SportsCar Championship

Jan. 25-26 – Rolex 24 at Daytona
March 15 – Twelve Hours of Sebring
April 12 – Long Beach (Prototype and GTLM only)
May 4 – Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca
May 31 – Detroit Belle Isle (P, PC and GTD only)
June 29 – Six Hours of The Glen
July 25 – Indianapolis Motor Speedway
August 10 – Road America
August 24 – Virginia International Raceway
September 20 – Circuit of The Americas
October 4 – Petit Le Mans

http://sportscar365.com/imsa/uscc/20...dule-released/
Not bad!
Old 20 Sep 2013, 17:50 (Ref:3306698)   #336
BullMan
Veteran

BullMan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ok, well I found an issue with the schedule. VIR won't have P2/DPs. The Autoweek article ALMS posted on Facebook says they'll have a separate LMPC race and a GTE/GTD race. That sucks.
Old 20 Sep 2013, 17:54 (Ref:3306701)   #337
freeballin
Racer

freeballin User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
No complaints. A little weird with the VIR thing, but it's not a bad idea.
Old 20 Sep 2013, 18:04 (Ref:3306708)   #338
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
As good a schedule as we could have hoped for. The ViR event will be interesting as a GT standalone.
Old 20 Sep 2013, 18:06 (Ref:3306709)   #339
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
USCC and WEC schedules announced on the same day... interesting. (WEC schedule should be announced in about 3 hours' time from this post according to Endurance-Info)
Old 20 Sep 2013, 18:08 (Ref:3306712)   #340
Salamus
Veteran

Canada
Ontario
Salamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Ok, well I found an issue with the schedule. VIR won't have P2/DPs. The Autoweek article ALMS posted on Facebook says they'll have a separate LMPC race and a GTE/GTD race. That sucks.
That's a bit odd. USCC must be expecting quite a few extra PC entries to have its own race. But the GTs heading an event is fantastic!
Old 20 Sep 2013, 18:09 (Ref:3306714)   #341
pach233
Veteran

United States
Greenville, SC
pach233 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpach233 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Overall as good as schedule as I we could've hoped for.

Slightly confused about the VIR thing though. There's going to be a separate race just for 8 or PC cars and then the GT's will run standalone?
Old 20 Sep 2013, 18:12 (Ref:3306716)   #342
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Quote:
Originally Posted by pach233 View Post
Overall as good as schedule as I we could've hoped for.

Slightly confused about the VIR thing though. There's going to be a separate race just for 8 or PC cars and then the GT's will run standalone?
The logical thing would be to combine the races if there's not enough cars for standalone races in each class.
Old 20 Sep 2013, 18:14 (Ref:3306719)   #343
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
The logical thing would be to combine the races if there's not enough cars for standalone races in each class.
I would expect the PC cars to run with IMSA Prototype Lights.
Old 20 Sep 2013, 18:14 (Ref:3306721)   #344
extramundane
Racer

Benin
Here.
extramundane has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Seeing as 3 weeks ago, I was sure there wouldn't be a VIR race in 2014, I can't complain. Especially if they send a proper slate of support races, unlike this year.
Old 20 Sep 2013, 18:16 (Ref:3306722)   #345
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogelhund View Post
I would expect the PC cars to run with IMSA Prototype Lights.
That would make some sense as well.
Old 20 Sep 2013, 18:35 (Ref:3306728)   #346
FstrthnU
Veteran

United States
FstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
This schedule is much better than what the doomsayers and early predictors thought it would be. Almost all road and street courses, only the Indy Roval outside of Daytona. As a fan of the ALMS current track list I give this a big thumbs up. I might even make it down to Sebring at the end of spring break
Old 20 Sep 2013, 18:46 (Ref:3306732)   #347
BrentJackson
Racer

Canada
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
BrentJackson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBrentJackson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So, what have the doomsayers got to say now? Two street circuits, one roval, one sorta-roval and eight fabulous road courses. No Kansas, no Baltimore, little crap in terms of tracks, mostly the best road courses in North America. Sad to see Mid-Ohio and Barber and Lime Rock out for now, but let's hope things go well in 2014 and they get back into the series for 2015.
Old 20 Sep 2013, 19:05 (Ref:3306737)   #348
jeast
Racer

jeast User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentJackson View Post
So, what have the doomsayers got to say now? Two street circuits, one roval, one sorta-roval and eight fabulous road courses. No Kansas, no Baltimore, little crap in terms of tracks, mostly the best road courses in North America. Sad to see Mid-Ohio and Barber and Lime Rock out for now, but let's hope things go well in 2014 and they get back into the series for 2015.
I say you can have the best tracks in the world but if your on track product is sub-par then whats the point ?

The schedule is very positive though.
Old 20 Sep 2013, 19:13 (Ref:3306742)   #349
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
The slate of tracks looks good, but why in blue blazes would you not run a full-on, all-classes race at VIR?!

(I guess I'll be waiting until 2015, at least, to think about planning a visit to the Danville/Alton area.)
Old 20 Sep 2013, 19:43 (Ref:3306755)   #350
kober
Racer

kober should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Oh, yes! I'll be there.