Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 6 Jan 2004, 16:55 (Ref:829620)   #1
Marshal
Veteran

Marshal should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMarshal should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Test Drivers

Looking for the expertise of the forum here, can you help me with who is currently signed as a test driver for the teams, and who are the favourites to fill the question marks?

I think the list looks like this,

Ferrari - Badoer and ?
Williams - Gene and ?
McLaren - Wurz and De La Rosa
Renault - Montagny and ?
BAR - Davidson and ?
Sauber - ?
Jaguar - ?
Jordan - Anyone with $1m spare
Toyota - Zonta and Briscoe
Minardi - Anyone with $1/2m spare

Thanks,

Jon
Old 6 Jan 2004, 16:57 (Ref:829624)   #2
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Add Fisi and Massa to the Ferrari line up and i reckon your about there Marshal
Old 6 Jan 2004, 23:05 (Ref:829981)   #3
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Piquet Jr may get another chance this year. Although I think this is some way off being an official test driver. http://f1.racing-live.com/en/
Quote:
Frank Williams F1-live.com
I think the first test was a little bit too soon. He [Nelsinho Piquet] was a little bit young. We will call him again but I don't know when. Probably this year,
Any news on Rosberg?
Old 7 Jan 2004, 11:53 (Ref:830362)   #4
Daisy
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Daisy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Pizzonia will sign for Williams as their 2nd testdriver, according to a team insider.

(source = f1racing.net)
Old 7 Jan 2004, 12:03 (Ref:830370)   #5
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
I was under the impression that Montagny would be Renault's only regular test driver for 2004. As far as I know, Neel Jani will test for Sauber, while, as Mr. V says, Massa will continue to test for Ferrari while driving for Sauber.
Old 7 Jan 2004, 12:50 (Ref:830407)   #6
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I think Luciano Burti also does testing for ferari.

I doubt that Minardi will use a tester, if past history is any indication.
Old 7 Jan 2004, 13:10 (Ref:830438)   #7
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally posted by EERO
I think Luciano Burti also does testing for ferari.
Yeah I heard that too.
Old 7 Jan 2004, 13:36 (Ref:830467)   #8
sonic
Veteran

sonic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
weirdheim was suggested as number 2 tester at BAR - but after winning the f3000 champs im sure hes aiming a bit higher
Old 7 Jan 2004, 15:50 (Ref:830626)   #9
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
Burti did test for Ferrari but was, IIRC, 'released' by the Scuderia some time last year. Badoer has practically a job for life there (this his eighth year as Ferrari test driver?).
Old 7 Jan 2004, 19:26 (Ref:830826)   #10
crozier74
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
crozier74 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Swiss driver Neel Jani will continue to test for Sauber next year.

I think Townsend Bell is closing in on the Jag test seat, having already opted out of his Arden F3000 deal to help things along, and I haven't heard anyone else being mentioned for it.

Australians Will Power and Will Davidson will drive for Minardi in Friday testing in Melbourne.
So I ride out to the old sundown
Old 13 Jan 2004, 23:13 (Ref:837262)   #11
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
OK is this another chance for both these sons of world champions to impress and get a Williams test seat? http://f1.racing-live.com/en/headlin...13234721.shtml Rosberg is testing at the end of January and Piquet at the begining of February. Both in modified 2003 cars.
Old 14 Jan 2004, 13:54 (Ref:837908)   #12
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
They are insisting in these young guns...

Where there's smoke there's fire.
Old 14 Jan 2004, 14:01 (Ref:837921)   #13
Super Tourer
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
East Anglia
Super Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Yep, interesting that, both drivers getting plenty of time in the car.

Imagine the poignant moment of seeing your son strapped into a teams car that you won the WDC with, plus the 'feeling incredibly' old factor, no doubt!

They have been fairly well matched before, but on a mix of outright pace and racing ability, Piquet would shade it for me.
Old 14 Jan 2004, 14:08 (Ref:837935)   #14
davebreen
Racer

Ireland
Dublin, Ireland
davebreen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by BSchneiderFan
Burti did test for Ferrari but was, IIRC, 'released' by the Scuderia some time last year. Badoer has practically a job for life there (this his eighth year as Ferrari test driver?).
Didn't Burti test with Ferrari in their Winter programme back in December?
Old 14 Jan 2004, 14:13 (Ref:837943)   #15
Super Tourer
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
East Anglia
Super Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Burti has been out for the odd test fairly recently, I think Fiat/Ferrari have kept him as a sort of 'general factotum' tester, as he has been out in the new Maserati sports car as well.
Old 14 Jan 2004, 15:37 (Ref:838041)   #16
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Exactly, I remember he said he has a deal with Ferrari, and can be anything from racing other series to testing.
Old 14 Jan 2004, 15:56 (Ref:838065)   #17
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by crozier74

Australians Will Power and Will Davidson will drive for Minardi in Friday testing in Melbourne.
How is this possible? I thought that the (lower 6) teams could only use 1 3rd driver (along with the 2 race drivers). Are Will Power and Will Davidson sharing the 3rd car for friday testing?
Old 14 Jan 2004, 23:00 (Ref:838566)   #18
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
They aren't testing for Minardi in Melbourne.

They'll have seat fittings there as part of an Aussie publicity thing.

The test is later in the year.
Old 15 Jan 2004, 00:03 (Ref:838632)   #19
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
Ferrari won't need Burti that much, even if he has a deal with them. he has done very little testing during the last two years, Badoer and Massa doing the bulk in 2003 (outside TGF and Reubens). Massa does some back up for Badoer and maybe Jani will be 'loaned' to them as well.