Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > A1GP

Old 22 Dec 2006, 18:50 (Ref:1797870)   #26
stradlin21
Veteran

England
Near Leeds, UK
stradlin21 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Time to give Wade a real chance

he looks class over the in states

and before anyone starts, they don't just race on ovals all the time

*yawn*
Old 23 Dec 2006, 04:50 (Ref:1798104)   #27
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
Hard to see them replacing Jonny anytime soon,can't get much better than 1st place.
Old 5 Feb 2007, 22:59 (Ref:1834298)   #28
Armco Bender
Veteran

New Zealand
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
Judging by the report in Sundays paper Matt Halliday has seen the writing on the wall and is heading for the job centre.Jonny is certianally the entrenched No1 with Wade Cunningham the favoured No2 apparent.
TV last night quoted Colin Giltrap as saying as long as Jonny's on the podium he's driving.
Old 5 Feb 2007, 23:41 (Ref:1834329)   #29
cos
Veteran

England
cos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armco Bender
TV last night quoted Colin Giltrap as saying as long as Jonny's on the podium he's driving.
I guess if it ain't broke....
Old 6 Feb 2007, 01:28 (Ref:1834378)   #30
META4
Veteran

META4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Any plan for Jonny Reid to race in GP2 ,World series or Aussie V8???
Old 6 Feb 2007, 02:20 (Ref:1834401)   #31
Armco Bender
Veteran

New Zealand
Aussie V8's is where you go to finish your career not further it.
Hopefully Jonny has F1 aspirations as we haven't had an F1 driver for about 20-30 years.
Old 6 Feb 2007, 02:53 (Ref:1834409)   #32
META4
Veteran

ok but seems like he is not planning to race in GP2 neither World Series (Checked thread) maybe will he race in Atlantic or Formula Nippon???
Old 6 Feb 2007, 03:00 (Ref:1834411)   #33
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The Giltrap deal that saw him leave WSR involved Jonny getting a GP2 drive as part of the deal. It remains to be seen if it is honoured.....
Old 6 Feb 2007, 03:09 (Ref:1834412)   #34
META4
Veteran

there only very few seats available in GP2 and as i know he is not on the table to get any of those ones maybe he can get a drive in World Series but he is still not mentionned in the World Series thread

I believe he did test for SuperNova in GP2 late last year but then nothing...
Old 7 Feb 2007, 12:41 (Ref:1835400)   #35
Kiwi3
Veteran

New Zealand
Beijing
Kiwi3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKiwi3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Both Reid and Halliday have had GP2 tests. I'd be surprised if the deal with SuperNova involved a GP2 race seat as opposed to a test.

The results were nothing to right home about however all I have seen were the lap times, I have no idea how much seat time they got or car setup or time of day or anything else.
Old 18 Feb 2007, 06:43 (Ref:1844150)   #36
Armco Bender
Veteran

New Zealand
Halliday back in the car for South Africa,don't know what happened to the if Jonny is on the podium Jonny is driving?,a week is a long time in racing obviously.
Old 18 Feb 2007, 13:48 (Ref:1844336)   #37
META4
Veteran

A1GP is not a driver championship then where is the problem if they think Halliday can do the same or even better than Jonny Reid in Durban

I rate Matt Halliday as good as Reid...i believe Super Nova (NZ and Germany)has a "special" car maybe it is coming from his special engineer (last year engineering team France), the driver is just one parameter
Old 20 Feb 2007, 03:05 (Ref:1846037)   #38
blew by u
Rookie

blew by u should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by META4
A1GP is not a driver championship then where is the problem if they think Halliday can do the same or even better than Jonny Reid in Durban

I rate Matt Halliday as good as Reid...i believe Super Nova (NZ and Germany)has a "special" car maybe it is coming from his special engineer (last year engineering team France), the driver is just one parameter

you are bloody dreaming mark these words halliday is a top 10 finisher reid is a race winner
halliday will not finish in the top 6 this week end
reid is a far better talent than halliday lets not forget halliday has done more miles than reid in a a1 car.
Old 20 Feb 2007, 08:48 (Ref:1846165)   #39
Kiwi3
Veteran

New Zealand
Beijing
Kiwi3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKiwi3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

They obviously think this is the case however I disagree and I think most people would based on what we've seen over the last season and a half. Remember his 4th last season was Halliday's second best ever result, they are asking him to better that after not being in the car, while taking the momentum away from race winner Reid.
Old 20 Feb 2007, 09:27 (Ref:1846209)   #40
Armco Bender
Veteran

New Zealand
They said Halliday was picked because he has more experience on street circuits than Jonny,so you increase Jonny's street racing experience but not giving him the drive?...go figure.
Someything smells a bit fishy.
Old 24 Feb 2007, 15:40 (Ref:1850587)   #41
META4
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by blew by u
you are bloody dreaming mark these words halliday is a top 10 finisher reid is a race winner
halliday will not finish in the top 6 this week end
reid is a far better talent than halliday lets not forget halliday has done more miles than reid in a a1 car.

NO comment...
Old 25 Feb 2007, 10:00 (Ref:1850894)   #42
thejester
Veteran

New Zealand
Wellington
thejester should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
After the service he put in last year Halliday deserves a crack now that the car is engineered to the top level. It's an honourable move and I hope Matt makes the best of it. Doesn't look like Reid can match it with the German, maybe Halliday can??

(If I'm honest, I'm not sure anyone can, but I'll happily be proved wrong)
Old 25 Feb 2007, 14:54 (Ref:1851060)   #43
META4
Veteran

congratulation blew by u your predictions were alright
Old 25 Feb 2007, 16:21 (Ref:1851103)   #44
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Halliday did a top job, for sure, but I'm wondering why he couldn't get by Kerr in the feature race. It looked to me as though he might have cooked the brakes towards the end, or maybe just decided that a safe 3rd was better than a heroic dive into the wall!
Old 26 Feb 2007, 18:18 (Ref:1852177)   #45
blew by u
Rookie

blew by u should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
ok ill eat my words on this occcasion but lets see if he can back it up i admit he did a great job in the weekend maybe street circuits are matts forteit good for him its just great to see the kiwis although i wonder who will be in the car for the next race
Old 27 Feb 2007, 11:44 (Ref:1852742)   #46
Kiwi3
Veteran

New Zealand
Beijing
Unfortunately I have not seen the Sprint race yet (was stuck in an airport) but based on the feature race I would still like to keep Reid. We went from being a clear #2 in the pecking order to being unable to overtake Robbie Kerr (or even looking likely).
Old 28 Feb 2007, 12:56 (Ref:1853753)   #47
ISPL
Rookie

United Kingdom
ISPL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If you are going to Judge Johny Reid or Matt Haliday then the benchmark must be the other driver in team Germanzealand - Halkenberg.

In the first 4 rounds Halkenberg made NZL look decidedly average:

Zandvort - GER 1 - NZL 11
Brno - GER 4 - NZL 7
Beijing - GER 9 - NZL 15
Spang - GER 1 - NZL 8

But more recently the results have been a lot more consistent (regardless who was driving the second car)

Sentul - GER 2 - NZL 1 (Reid)
Taupo - GER 1 - NZL 3 (Reid)
Sydney - GER 1 - NZL 2 (Reid)
Durban - GER 1 - NZL 3 (Halliday)
Old 28 Feb 2007, 18:11 (Ref:1853943)   #48
Armco Bender
Veteran

New Zealand
You'd have to ask though if Jonny was driving we should have had 2 second places.Matt seemed to be having a wee snooze at the start of the feature.
Old 1 Mar 2007, 12:26 (Ref:1854525)   #49
ISPL
Rookie

United Kingdom
ISPL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armco Bender
You'd have to ask though if Jonny was driving we should have had 2 second places.Matt seemed to be having a wee snooze at the start of the feature.
I agree that it did look as though he had selected reverse by mistake off the line.
Old 13 Mar 2007, 11:37 (Ref:1865514)   #50
Gonzarelli
Rookie

New Zealand
Gonzarelli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So who's driving in Mexico? I heard a rumour that both Matt and Jonny are unavailable due to testing commitments (Champ Car and Formula Nippon respectively).

I guess that leaves Wade Cunningham, Chris van Der Drift, or Scott Dixon.