Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 7 Dec 2013, 02:47 (Ref:3341114)   #3076
Lagunaseca_4life
Veteran

United States
Central Valley CA
Lagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRuss View Post
When LiPo batteries and brushless motors really started to come on in the r/c plane world many people lost garages and homes while charging the LiPo batteries. This was around 2003,4,5. Things have come along way but there are still risks involved with abusing lithium polymer batteries. All it takes is for one cell to fall out of balance.
That's what I was thinking maybe a high power lithium polymer battery setup, and in the r/c car world as off late the same thing is happening with unbalanced cells or over discharged cells.
Old 7 Dec 2013, 08:14 (Ref:3341157)   #3077
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Short version of the Auto Zeitung article: http://www.autozeitung.de/motorsport...echnik-details
Old 7 Dec 2013, 13:35 (Ref:3341222)   #3078
gustavobamba
Veteran

Portugal
Viana do Castelo
gustavobamba should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgustavobamba should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
From a Spanish designer.... voilá

http://madfolchismad.wordpress.com

Porsche LMP1
Old 8 Dec 2013, 16:25 (Ref:3341627)   #3079
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Spyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Neel Jani's birthday today and is currently testing the LMP1.
Old 8 Dec 2013, 16:43 (Ref:3341630)   #3080
jimclark
Veteran

United States
Champion Porsche/Audi territory
jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyderman View Post
Neel Jani's birthday today and is currently testing the LMP1.
Pheeewwww!!! Thanks!

I've been racking my brain about Jani's birthday....

(in other words, who gives a sheet?)

jimclark
Old 8 Dec 2013, 16:45 (Ref:3341632)   #3081
Bandicoot17
Veteran

United Kingdom
Birmingham
Bandicoot17 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That's the info he gave out on twitter...
Old 8 Dec 2013, 17:17 (Ref:3341636)   #3082
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimclark View Post
Pheeewwww!!! Thanks!

Yet it was a more informative post than yours.
Old 8 Dec 2013, 17:23 (Ref:3341638)   #3083
jimclark
Veteran

United States
Champion Porsche/Audi territory
jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
Yet it was a more informative post than yours.
I'm crushed.

jimclark
Old 8 Dec 2013, 17:39 (Ref:3341641)   #3084
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Spyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimclark View Post
Pheeewwww!!! Thanks!

The idea behind my post was to inform that the LMP1 is up and running and being tested (after the rumored fire), not to communicate Neels birthday. My apologies if the backdrop to the comment was what was highlighted for you.
Old 8 Dec 2013, 18:07 (Ref:3341650)   #3085
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
I don't understand though why you didn't mention it was from Twitter even if you were too lazy to copy-paste a link.

So: https://twitter.com/neeljani/status/409673510152568832

That's the same photo Auto Zeitung article had - didn't look like a spy photo anyway.
Old 8 Dec 2013, 18:14 (Ref:3341651)   #3086
deggis
Veteran

Finland
Remembering what Autosport earlier revealed about their testing plans, this one could be at Algarve:

http://tentenths.com/forum/showpost....postcount=2753
Old 8 Dec 2013, 18:19 (Ref:3341652)   #3087
Bandicoot17
Veteran

United Kingdom
Birmingham
Looks like it would have been around 18C as Jani mentioned in huis tweet
Old 8 Dec 2013, 18:22 (Ref:3341655)   #3088
Bandicoot17
Veteran

United Kingdom
Birmingham
Check out @TheClosedOne's Tweet: https://twitter.com/TheClosedOne/sta...63777482940416

Definitely Algarve.

Edit:Asked if he's got anymore info but seems they're still testing the Spyder alongside it.
Edit2: No more information.

Last edited by Bandicoot17; 8 Dec 2013 at 18:35.
Old 8 Dec 2013, 18:39 (Ref:3341662)   #3089
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Quote:
Originally Posted by deggis View Post
I don't understand though why you didn't mention it was from Twitter even if you were too lazy to copy-paste a link.

So: https://twitter.com/neeljani/status/409673510152568832

That's the same photo Auto Zeitung article had - didn't look like a spy photo anyway.

Good God man! Does it make any difference? If it is soo important to you , I'll be sure to post the link next time.
Old 8 Dec 2013, 18:44 (Ref:3341665)   #3090
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandicoot17 View Post
Check out @TheClosedOne's Tweet: https://twitter.com/TheClosedOne/sta...63777482940416

Definitely Algarve.

Edit:Asked if he's got anymore info but seems they're still testing the Spyder alongside it.
Edit2: No more information.
Actually what is said is that he does not recognize the "smaller LMP" that they are testing alongside the LMP1.
Old 8 Dec 2013, 18:45 (Ref:3341666)   #3091
Bandicoot17
Veteran

United Kingdom
Birmingham
Well LMP2 is smaller than LMP1 and we know they've been using the LMP2 alongside so I just went with that assumption
Old 8 Dec 2013, 18:57 (Ref:3341667)   #3092
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Right, but as everyone is so prissy about information shared here, I thought I would regress to a 12 year old mind set and make sure that what is being posted is word perfect.
Old 8 Dec 2013, 19:01 (Ref:3341669)   #3093
deggis
Veteran

Finland
Quote:
Good God man! Does it make any difference? If it is soo important to you , I'll be sure to post the link next time.
Yes it does make a difference, original source is original source. Since no source was mentioned now it gave the impression as if it was some sort of inside knowledge.

Last edited by deggis; 8 Dec 2013 at 19:06.
Old 8 Dec 2013, 19:04 (Ref:3341671)   #3094
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Quote:
Yes it does make a difference, original source is original source. Since no source was mentioned now it gave the impression as if it was some sort of inside knowledge.
Only to you. If you had asked for the source , I would have gladly posted it. Please relax. I'm a 54 year old Porsche fan, not a budding journalist or trying to be something I'm not.
Old 8 Dec 2013, 19:15 (Ref:3341676)   #3095
deggis
Veteran

Finland
Quote:
Only to you. If you had asked for the source , I would have gladly posted it. Please relax. I'm a 54 year old Porsche fan, not a budding journalist or trying to be something I'm not.
In my opinion it is the poster's obligation to say it automatically. At least in good netiquette. Btw, nothing personal.
Old 8 Dec 2013, 19:19 (Ref:3341678)   #3096
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Alright . I'll say 3 "Hail Mary's" and a "Glory Be"and hopefully I'll be absolved of my crime. I'll be sure to post all links in the future.
Old 8 Dec 2013, 19:35 (Ref:3341682)   #3097
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Quote:
In my opinion it is the poster's obligation to say it automatically. At least in good netiquette. Btw, nothing personal.
You really are pointlessly nitpicking.
Old 8 Dec 2013, 19:38 (Ref:3341683)   #3098
Nick Woodbury
Veteran

United States
New England
Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!
Old 8 Dec 2013, 19:44 (Ref:3341688)   #3099
deggis
Veteran

Finland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal View Post
You really are pointlessly nitpicking.
I thought this was already over (expecting moderator interruption any moment): lets imagine Porsche burns downs again, and I'd just post "Porsche just burned down.", but in reality it could be a news story, tweet or just made up rumor.
Old 8 Dec 2013, 21:56 (Ref:3341731)   #3100
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Wow, are you a journalist or do you just think everything in a forum is supposed to be triple sourced news?? If i see something that says, Jani's birthday and testing the LMP1 in such a short snippet I'm smart and discerning enough to assume it was read from a twitter feed. Especially as the particular poster has in the past referenced twitter feeds of various Porsche associated people. But then I actually use my own common sense to sort news and don't need information spoon fed to me like a primary school student.