Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 8 Dec 2013, 23:11 (Ref:3341756)   #3101
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by deggis View Post
I thought this was already over (expecting moderator interruption any moment): lets imagine Porsche burns downs again, and I'd just post "Porsche just burned down.", but in reality it could be a news story, tweet or just made up rumor.
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Wow, are you a journalist or do you just think everything in a forum is supposed to be triple sourced news?? If i see something that says, Jani's birthday and testing the LMP1 in such a short snippet I'm smart and discerning enough to assume it was read from a twitter feed. Especially as the particular poster has in the past referenced twitter feeds of various Porsche associated people. But then I actually use my own common sense to sort news and don't need information spoon fed to me like a primary school student.
As I agree with both of you, this goes for both of you:
As this is a serious forum, the information shared here is of high value, and mostly true info from close sources. However there are also rumors and guesses.
If the news are big stories, then I agree with Deggis, sources are important!, if it's small "nice to know" news, then sources are less important.
The poster of the news is also important, as some have less credibility than others.
Baseline, we are all different people, with different cultures and upbringings. We therefor act differently, and sometimes just have to accept that not all posts are written to our own taste.
And lets just remember, "if you have nothing good to say, don't say anything"
Old 8 Dec 2013, 23:22 (Ref:3341759)   #3102
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
To get back on subject, 'smaller LMP' sounds strange to me, the Spyder was actually a bigger car than the new P1 regs allow, if I recall correctly. Still, would assume that they're running that alongside as a benchmark still, makes sense.

Porsche's media seems to have gone a bit quiet lately.

Graham Goodwin mentioned on MWM last week that there were definitely two, maybe three P2 drivers moving up to P1 next year. With one being Conway (he was talking about him at the time), I'd assume that the second of these would be Hartley. I'd guess that the other will be for Oak or Rebellion but just wondering if Porsche could be considering Turvey as an alternative to Lieb (although I hope Marc gets the drive, personally).

Just speculating a bit.
Old 8 Dec 2013, 23:40 (Ref:3341765)   #3103
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Wow, are you a journalist or do you just think everything in a forum is supposed to be triple sourced news?? If i see something that says, Jani's birthday and testing the LMP1 in such a short snippet I'm smart and discerning enough to assume it was read from a twitter feed. Especially as the particular poster has in the past referenced twitter feeds of various Porsche associated people. But then I actually use my own common sense to sort news and don't need information spoon fed to me like a primary school student.
I have followed this thread actively and I really don't remember that many references to tweets in this thread (e.g. compared to the Toyota thread, there driver tweet might have been a bit more guessable). This was probably the smallest posible form of source, but even in this case it had something additional (a temperature and a photo). But even if everyone had telepathic skills, how many seconds does it take to write a couple of dozen characters or click a few times and provide the direct link?

Last edited by deggis; 8 Dec 2013 at 23:46.
Old 9 Dec 2013, 01:51 (Ref:3341789)   #3104
oliver88
Rookie

oliver88 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So will they make Sebring testing?
Old 9 Dec 2013, 07:30 (Ref:3341852)   #3105
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
I can't believe I forgot about Neel Jani's birthday!
Old 9 Dec 2013, 07:37 (Ref:3341855)   #3106
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
I can't believe I forgot about Neel Jani's birthday!
Oh dear me... what havoc the silly season wreaks on our minds...

Old 9 Dec 2013, 08:30 (Ref:3341875)   #3107
NelisB
Veteran

Netherlands
Deventer
NelisB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodger Davies View Post
To get back on subject, 'smaller LMP' sounds strange to me, the Spyder was actually a bigger car than the new P1 regs allow, if I recall correctly. Still, would assume that they're running that alongside as a benchmark still, makes sense.

Porsche's media seems to have gone a bit quiet lately.

Graham Goodwin mentioned on MWM last week that there were definitely two, maybe three P2 drivers moving up to P1 next year. With one being Conway (he was talking about him at the time), I'd assume that the second of these would be Hartley. I'd guess that the other will be for Oak or Rebellion but just wondering if Porsche could be considering Turvey as an alternative to Lieb (although I hope Marc gets the drive, personally).

Just speculating a bit.
I think that a couple of OAK drivers will graduate to lmp1 when OAK brings their car. Really hoping for Brundle and Mr. Breadstick in the lmp1 with a more seasoned driver.
Old 9 Dec 2013, 22:33 (Ref:3342131)   #3108
oliver88
Rookie

Hi All!

I am a new forum member, terribly addicted to all things Porsche especially the LMP1 project…I race and collect Porsches, the current stable includes a 996 cup, 964 cup, Carrera Targa 3.2, and a hardtop 356…I thought I'd introduce myself and get involved in the discussions as we lead up to 2014 and the new WEC season. Hav been following this thread since inception!

Regards,

Oliver88
Old 10 Dec 2013, 10:05 (Ref:3342296)   #3109
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Welcome to the forum - sounds like you have a great collection
Old 10 Dec 2013, 11:45 (Ref:3342331)   #3110
oliver88
Rookie

Thank You Mal!
Old 10 Dec 2013, 14:18 (Ref:3342374)   #3111
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by oliver88 View Post
Hi All!

I am a new forum member, terribly addicted to all things Porsche especially the LMP1 project…I race and collect Porsches, the current stable includes a 996 cup, 964 cup, Carrera Targa 3.2, and a hardtop 356…I thought I'd introduce myself and get involved in the discussions as we lead up to 2014 and the new WEC season. Hav been following this thread since inception!

Regards,

Oliver88
Welcome!

It's always great to have another fan of the sport participating in the forum. Especially if you are a Porsche fan!

Richard
Old 10 Dec 2013, 14:19 (Ref:3342376)   #3112
Bandicoot17
Veteran

United Kingdom
Birmingham
Bandicoot17 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Welcome
Old 10 Dec 2013, 14:25 (Ref:3342377)   #3113
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Spyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Welcome! Always great to have another Porsche fan.
Old 10 Dec 2013, 15:39 (Ref:3342400)   #3114
NelisB
Veteran

Netherlands
Deventer
NelisB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Welcome to the forum!
Old 10 Dec 2013, 16:08 (Ref:3342405)   #3115
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Okay, six friendly welcome posts ... honeymoon is over and now we can heap disrespect on him?

Oliver88, do you race in historics? Anywhere any other members might have seen you race? Pics of cars are always appreciated (so are free rides.)
Old 10 Dec 2013, 16:17 (Ref:3342409)   #3116
oliver88
Rookie

Wow! Thanks for the warm welcome…we have some pic's at :

www.flickr.com/photos/maplecrest

Mainly farm photos but some car pic's…also some pic's of my ******* Child (Austin Healey 3000) I'll get some 996 cup pics up soon…

I race primarily Porsche Club and NASA here in the Great Lakes Region…Mid-Ohio is my home track!
Old 10 Dec 2013, 20:17 (Ref:3342459)   #3117
FstrthnU
Veteran

United States
FstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
http://www.motorsport.com/wec/news/p...r-in-portugal/
Mark Webber gets his first run in the Porsche LMP1. Suspension and tire testing at Portimao. 2 entries confirmed for the full season.
Old 10 Dec 2013, 20:40 (Ref:3342467)   #3118
Lagunaseca_4life
Veteran

United States
Central Valley CA
Lagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FstrthnU View Post
Mark Webber gets his first run in the Porsche LMP1. Suspension and tire testing at Portimao. 2 entries confirmed for the full season.
Sweet hopefully 2014 becomes what 2012 should of been with Audi, Toyota,Peugeot. Bring it on Porsche!
Old 10 Dec 2013, 22:21 (Ref:3342503)   #3119
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Official pics, which seem to be from Portimao, Paul Ricard and Monza:

http://press.porsche.com/media/galle...+LMP1+Testing/
http://press.porsche.com/media/galle...ing/?g2_page=2

Motorsport.com has a couple of pics more:

http://www.motorsport.com/wec/photo/...1-at-portimao/

Last edited by deggis; 10 Dec 2013 at 22:33.
Old 11 Dec 2013, 01:45 (Ref:3342543)   #3120
deggis
Veteran

Finland
Quote:
Originally Posted by FstrthnU View Post
Engine choice was so speculated but now that it is officially mentioned first time it is barely noted?

Quote:
the race car features a hybrid system that consists of a four-cylinder petrol engine with direct injection and two energy recuperation systems. The recovered energy is stored in a battery
Still doesn't mention whether V or I.
Old 11 Dec 2013, 05:19 (Ref:3342585)   #3121
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by oliver88 View Post
Wow! Thanks for the warm welcome…we have some pic's at :

www.flickr.com/photos/maplecrest

Mainly farm photos but some car pic's…also some pic's of my ******* Child (Austin Healey 3000) I'll get some 996 cup pics up soon…

I race primarily Porsche Club and NASA here in the Great Lakes Region…Mid-Ohio is my home track!
Nice, is that Austin Healey a Mk 2, 2 seater? It looks good, l have a Mk 1 BT7.

Sorry to be off topic
Old 11 Dec 2013, 17:05 (Ref:3342766)   #3122
porman
Veteran

porman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridporman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridporman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Engine choice was so speculated but now that it is officially mentioned first time it is barely noted?

Still doesn't mention whether V or I.

I noticed, but took it with a grain of salt. I think it is more of an educated guess.

Welcome to the group Oliver! Outstanding pictures and great taste in Porsches Sir.

Old 11 Dec 2013, 17:24 (Ref:3342772)   #3123
deggis
Veteran

Finland
Quote:
Originally Posted by porman View Post
I noticed, but took it with a grain of salt. I think it is more of an educated guess.
It's a press release. By Porsche.
Old 11 Dec 2013, 19:08 (Ref:3342835)   #3124
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
It's a press release. By Porsche.
I find this post funny (including the eye roll emoticon) given your comments earlier regarding "original source".

I believe you are referring to a motorsports.com article. And while it might be sourced from a press release (or not), I currently can't find (assuming I am looking in the right places) any Porsche press release that talks about the specifics in question.

Richard
Old 11 Dec 2013, 19:30 (Ref:3342839)   #3125
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Casto View Post
I find this post funny (including the eye roll emoticon)
Personally, I hate the eye roll emoticon. I find it very pedantic and arrogant.