Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 18 Apr 2014, 21:14 (Ref:3394692)   #251
Azy
Rookie

Azy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Oh, so to watch le mans I have to pay another €19,99...
Then I hope EuroSport will transmitted le mans.
Old 18 Apr 2014, 21:20 (Ref:3394693)   #252
NelisB
Veteran

Netherlands
Deventer
NelisB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azy View Post
Le mans is another 10 if i remember correctly.
Old 18 Apr 2014, 21:22 (Ref:3394694)   #253
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Eve Hewitt on the MWM Listener's Collective:

Quote:
Press conference was somewhere between slightly hostile and nonplussed
Can't see this thing lasting two seasons. But it makes you wonder...how detached from reality do you have to be to not anticipate a backlash to this?
Old 18 Apr 2014, 21:23 (Ref:3394696)   #254
Bandicoot17
Veteran

United Kingdom
Birmingham
Bandicoot17 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just got an app update which gave me access to the free version of live timing. Basically what we had all of last year on the website. Not buying on the phone but I'll probably by the PC access in time for Spa.
Old 18 Apr 2014, 21:45 (Ref:3394701)   #255
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NelisB View Post
Le mans is another 10 if i remember correctly.
A 1-month subscription to Eurosport player is £5.99 (€7.26), so even that is cheaper if you just want to watch Le Mans. But that account from Eve Hewitt is most worrying (even taking subjectiveness into account) as it suggests that the fans are expected to like it or lump it.
Old 18 Apr 2014, 21:47 (Ref:3394702)   #256
Livininthinair
Veteran

United States
Colorado
Livininthinair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLivininthinair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sorry guys I am at work - press conference? Is this just the FIA/WEC Silverstone press conference?
Old 18 Apr 2014, 21:48 (Ref:3394703)   #257
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Eurosport deal was renewed last year, so they will.
Old 18 Apr 2014, 21:51 (Ref:3394704)   #258
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NelisB View Post
I think it should be possible to just use the package for the pc to use on a mobilephone. The stream shouldn't be that different. I'm going to buy the PC package and then see if I can find out if it works. The livetiming worked pretty good on my mobile this afternoon. It's not really scaling but it's useable.
Are you talking about simply using moblie browser to access the pc platform?

Very likely uses Flash.
Old 18 Apr 2014, 22:25 (Ref:3394709)   #259
aneesh99
Veteran

United Kingdom
aneesh99 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This is a fairly accurate comment by Declan from RLM...

Quote:
So earlier this year, the ACO was telling fans, via social media, that streaming and T&S would be available free via www.fiawec.com. Fast forward to today and it is charging for rudimentary T&S live streaming with no VoD option and on top of that the service needs to be purchased separately for each operating system. I'm sorry but what the F**K! This morning I noticed you can't even adjust/edit the classes on T&S you can look at one or all of them. The idea that you're out of luck if you are in the wrong time zone is just extraordinary. There is no live TV for the series in the USA (other than Le Mans & CoTA) so basically every US fan has to watch in real time. Isn't that the type of nonsense we left behind in the digital age?
Honestly, their decision is somewhere between moronic and freaking lunancy. Well played WEC, well played...

I'll post it again as the post earlier by someone else may have been buried in the thread, visit /r/WEC on reddit, there's some info pertaining to this situation

Last edited by aneesh99; 18 Apr 2014 at 22:37.
Old 18 Apr 2014, 22:50 (Ref:3394714)   #260
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
I'm done with this rubbish - I have seen some swindles in my time but I can't believe the lies they have been spouting.

The final straw for me will be if the respected media outlets (DSC, Racer.com etc) do not go to town on this one like they did at Sebring.

The money is token (although the 'per device' rule makes it less so, Spotify is one account and works fine), but I don't like being told one thing by an organisation for several months and years and then for them to backtrack and try to scheme their way out of it.

The decision makes no sense, but that's not important. What is important is trust. They have lost that a million times over with me and will have to do plenty before I will give them a penny.

Who on earth made this decision at such short notice and why, why was it not communicated in advance?
Old 18 Apr 2014, 23:13 (Ref:3394717)   #261
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
FordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Good news is my wife will be happy to hear I'll be spending a lot more time with her after the early morning Chinese Grand Prix and before Game of Thrones that night on Easter Sunday.

This news combined with the timing of the announcement is such a joke and I can't believe they are so deluded to think 200,000 people will be duped into buying the app by the end of the year when their FREE live streams last year only got 5-10k viewers. I'm done with the series, such a shame because it has some of the best racing and most professional teams in the world. Hopefully the series and their teams/sponsors end up paying dearly for this grave mistake.

I could easily afford it, I have a Credit card, but Im not going to give a cent of my well-earned money to these hucksters.
Old 18 Apr 2014, 23:14 (Ref:3394718)   #262
Pandamasque
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
@deggis It's not, I have to contact them "manually".
Somebody should have done this right at the press conference

Couldn't resist. The funniest thing is that there's not even any kind of free trial and they're expecting to "reach fans worldwide, young fans and new fans."

Good luck with that.
Old 18 Apr 2014, 23:31 (Ref:3394723)   #263
Stahler
Rookie

Stahler should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Eurosport will broadcast even the tomorrow's race, although only two hours overall... The race begins at 1 PM CET and the Eurosport broadcast is:

2 PM - 3 PM ... Eurosport 2
6 PM - 7 PM ... Eurosport 1
(for the UK times subtract one hour)

...BUT they could stream the whole race on the Eurosport Player - I'm not sure about this... but it would be great for those with Eurosport Player subscription.
Old 18 Apr 2014, 23:37 (Ref:3394726)   #264
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
FordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Seems like Eurosport player is the best option for those willing to pay up to follow the series.

In Europe that is, no Eurosport player here and I assume no Eurosport player anywhere outside of Western Europe.
Old 19 Apr 2014, 00:02 (Ref:3394732)   #265
Hingo
Racer

Australia
Canberra
Hingo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I am what they call a new fan. I signed up on my PC last night in preparation for following this new series. First thing, it wouldn't accept my password that I used to register. Did a password recovery and now I have a random password that I cannot change. Oh well...

This morning I load the iPad app and realise that it requires a separate purchase because I can't enter in my premium account details anywhere. Fork out another $30 aud...

Not the best experience but not all is lost, I'll be giving the PC registration to my Dad who is also keen on following this series.
Old 19 Apr 2014, 01:09 (Ref:3394736)   #266
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Someone somewhere will stream the race on a free site. I do it for SuperGT, so Ill (try to) do it with this as well. I suggest doing the PC version if someone is paying for it. Just use your mobile phone's browser. Chrome should work. If not "UC Browser" works well with flash.
Old 19 Apr 2014, 01:10 (Ref:3394737)   #267
Pandamasque
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordCosworthPanoz View Post
In Europe that is, no Eurosport player here and I assume no Eurosport player anywhere outside of Western Europe.
Worked for me here, I got a month's worth of subscription just to watch LM24 last year, since the TV channel itself didn't prolong the contract with the cable provider. So I assume Eurosport covers at least all of Europe. It should be on their website anyway.
Old 19 Apr 2014, 01:30 (Ref:3394741)   #268
aneesh99
Veteran

United Kingdom
aneesh99 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
Someone somewhere will stream the race on a free site. I do it for SuperGT, so Ill (try to) do it with this as well. I suggest doing the PC version if someone is paying for it. Just use your mobile phone's browser. Chrome should work. If not "UC Browser" works well with flash.
One of the mods from the reddit is doing it, which everyone can access by going to /r/wec. I don't want to post a direct link to annoy any of the vehement anti-streaming crew.

Also another shameless plug, said site also streams Le Mans season reviews
Old 19 Apr 2014, 01:36 (Ref:3394742)   #269
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
That will be my first stop. Hope they have qualifying streamed as well! Ill have to test that streaming to see if Im compatible though.
Old 19 Apr 2014, 01:59 (Ref:3394750)   #270
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'm going to support those providing coverage of the race for free. I will drink a beer, mow the lawn and listen to RLM.

I am allowed to do that, right?
Old 19 Apr 2014, 02:14 (Ref:3394751)   #271
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Wonder how the likes of Audi and Nissan will feel when they see how many people refuse to pay for the live streaming??

Ah the good old days when Audi had their own free stream from the Audi TV site. So much love for Audi that year. You can't buy that amount of goodwill
Old 19 Apr 2014, 02:43 (Ref:3394754)   #272
deggis
Veteran

Finland
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
Ah the good old days when Audi had their own free stream from the Audi TV site. So much love for Audi that year. You can't buy that amount of goodwill
iirc it was either onboard only or then just copy of the official WEC stream.
Old 19 Apr 2014, 02:47 (Ref:3394755)   #273
deggis
Veteran

Finland
Quote:
Originally Posted by aneesh99 View Post
One of the mods from the reddit is doing it, which everyone can access by going to /r/wec. I don't want to post a direct link to annoy any of the vehement anti-streaming crew.

Also another shameless plug, said site also streams Le Mans season reviews
http://sportscarstreams.com
Old 19 Apr 2014, 02:58 (Ref:3394760)   #274
nasdriv87
Veteran

Brazil
Brazil
nasdriv87 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
here is the old one from dailymotion

http://dai.ly/xpg7wv
Old 19 Apr 2014, 03:18 (Ref:3394764)   #275
deggis
Veteran

Finland
Quote:
Originally Posted by nasdriv87 View Post
here is the old one from dailymotion

http://dai.ly/xpg7wv
Showing Bahrain teaser...