Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Virtual Racers

Old 12 Jun 2005, 19:23 (Ref:1326555)   #1
BillyT
Veteran

England
London
BillyT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
PS2 Help

Ok my Gran Turismo 4 dosen't work on my PS2, it works on other PS2's just not mine.

I have more recent games such as MotoGP4 that work fine but this one does not. Its a proper game, not copy, fake or whatever. I have used a DVD lens cleaner and still nothing.

Any help please?
Old 13 Jun 2005, 07:25 (Ref:1327064)   #2
Hepatic
Veteran

United Kingdom
Preston-ish
Hepatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridHepatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sounds like the laser is very slightly out of line. A friend of mine had a similar problem with Star Wars Battlefront, it would hang at random points in the game but others were fine and it played ok on my machine. Does it get anywhere near loading, or does it crash during the game? With the amount of data they squeezed on that disc it's probably more picky than other games which is why it's the only one failing.

The bad news is i doubt you can solve it yourself - my mate tried using some instructions from tinternet to fix it and ended up buying a new PS2....
Old 13 Jun 2005, 09:28 (Ref:1327163)   #3
BillyT
Veteran

England
London
For a while it would work and then freeze but now it just dosen't load. It goes to the screen where a disk comes up and the Memory Cards and when you select the disk it just goes black and nothing happens.
Old 13 Jun 2005, 11:22 (Ref:1327249)   #4
frostblade
Racer

frostblade should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Try turning the PS2 upside down. Used to work with the old PS1...
Old 19 Jun 2005, 08:07 (Ref:1332695)   #5
BillyT
Veteran

England
London
I've tried that.

Do I need a new PS2 or can this one be fixed. I really want to play GT4.
Old 19 Jun 2005, 09:51 (Ref:1332733)   #6
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
How old is your PS2?
Old 19 Jun 2005, 10:25 (Ref:1332753)   #7
BillyT
Veteran

England
London
Very, tis one of the first ones. I took some advice from Sony but now it dosent work at all, so to say I'm livid is an understatement. It wouldn't open the disk tray and when it finally did it scractched the disk, motoGP, so now I have to see if that is going to work and buy myself a new PS2.
Old 19 Jun 2005, 10:40 (Ref:1332765)   #8
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Buy a new one, you'll have to. At least they are relatively cheap now.

I had one of the very first ones imported into the UK (way back in Christmas 2000! Time flies!) and the laser/lens literally burnt themselves out within two years. It would cost a lot to fix the laser so you might as well buy a new PS2.

The irony is that the DVD based games (such as GT4) are the ones that destroy the laser. However, the new PS2's are much better lasting. My current one is still going strong after nearly two years, although I play it less than I used to admittedly.
Old 19 Jun 2005, 11:29 (Ref:1332789)   #9
BillyT
Veteran

England
London
Ok thanks, I'm off to buy one now and hopefully GT4 will work.
Old 19 Jun 2005, 11:40 (Ref:1332795)   #10
Kidzer
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Kidzer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKidzer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've had mine running trouble free since I got it 4 years ago
Old 19 Jun 2005, 12:48 (Ref:1332822)   #11
BillyT
Veteran

England
London
Bought the new one but the MotoGP dosen't work, so i'm going to have to pull the grandparents stunt and get my nan to try and exchange it for a new one.
Old 19 Jun 2005, 13:08 (Ref:1332835)   #12
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Is it scratched very badly then?

Hope the stunt comes off!
Old 19 Jun 2005, 14:39 (Ref:1332900)   #13
BillyT
Veteran

England
London
Yeah, i don't know what happened but there is a deep scratch that is a perfect circle around the middle of the disk.

Yeah I hope so to, fingers crossed.
Old 23 Jun 2005, 20:12 (Ref:1338639)   #14
BillyT
Veteran

England
London
Hehe it worked so i've now got my spanking new MotoGP but now I'm stuck with the decision of MotoGP or GT4. Hmmm that is a hard one.