Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Virtual Racers

Old 13 May 2005, 23:31 (Ref:1300430)   #51
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
Damon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well first impressions are "not sure". Taking me some time to get into this one. I'm it'll grow on me but it hasn't exactly grabbed my attention. Graphics aren't up to much either.
Old 14 May 2005, 11:01 (Ref:1300629)   #52
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I like it a lot so far, driving about in my VW Scirocco currently. graphics are solid enough for me and the driving feel is nice. Good that you can lock the brakes as well, a lot more than you can on GT4.

Nice customising options as well.

One thing I don't like is the lack of freedom in the career mode. You have to unlock practically everything which seems a bit silly.
Old 14 May 2005, 18:29 (Ref:1300916)   #53
Es Nes
Veteran

Es Nes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
no different than gt4 licences(sp) really.
Old 15 May 2005, 10:36 (Ref:1301238)   #54
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yer, but this is based on cash earnings.

It's not so bad now I've played it a bit though, the career path seems logical and runs nicely. I am yet to get stuck in a rut like I did on GT4 for a while, which can only be a good thing.
Old 15 May 2005, 10:58 (Ref:1301279)   #55
RobC
Racer

United Kingdom
Gloucestershire
RobC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Upto level 27 now, haven't wasted my time buying tuning car for the hell of it but I have a collection of cars that do the job very well. Handling is great, a tiny bit arcade but that does help when you are using the standard controller but the car behavour is spot on. Graphics aren't as sharp GT4 but then the depth of them is much better....had a few crashes where I've been trying to read the neon signs in New York
Old 15 May 2005, 17:39 (Ref:1301595)   #56
James Kimbley
Rookie

England
James Kimbley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobC
had a few crashes where I've been trying to read the neon signs in New York
Tell me about it, was to busy reading the signs and never noticed a 90 degree right hander come up as you can guess I ploughed in to the barrier, after that I was constantly fighting the car the rest of the race with steering damage.
Old 15 May 2005, 17:52 (Ref:1301602)   #57
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Wow, this game is coming into its own now. It's best enjoyed with all aids and help turned off. No ABS, TC, ASM, max damage, hard AI etc.... it really is wonderful fun trying to preserve the car whilst battling with some intelligent racers. Fun wise, GT4 is in the shade compared to Forza.
Old 16 May 2005, 20:42 (Ref:1302557)   #58
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
Cheers for the tip knowlesy! Turned off ASM and it's so, so much better. I can slide the damn things now!!
Old 17 May 2005, 12:28 (Ref:1302937)   #59
shiny side up!
Veteran

United States
Ann Arbor
shiny side up! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobC
Upto level 27 now, haven't wasted my time buying tuning car for the hell of it but I have a collection of cars that do the job very well.
Are you racing online yet? When I ran up against good racers, that approach totally broke down for me... I then spent hours tuning so I could keep up the challenge on the track on Live.
Old 17 May 2005, 12:32 (Ref:1302938)   #60
RobC
Racer

United Kingdom
Gloucestershire
Haven't gone online yet, trying to complete the offline game first (level 34 now)
Old 23 May 2005, 14:25 (Ref:1308097)   #61
Baritone2400
Racer

United States
Washington,DC
Baritone2400 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
im on level 37 now its somewhat difficult, im also training my drivatar 2 lps around nurburgring should do to trick i love the game! F*** GT4 i dont like the game controller anyway. just wish game had more tracks to work with. I will be online soon as i unlock the top level and beat it! long live the Prototypes!!!!
Old 23 May 2005, 16:32 (Ref:1308183)   #62
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
Took this back last friday, just wasn't fun to me. I found the cars difficult to predict and not very intuitive to drive.
Old 23 May 2005, 22:10 (Ref:1308479)   #63
Mike_Wooshy
Veteran

England
Birmingham
Mike_Wooshy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMike_Wooshy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i played this game
and i throught really good game !!!
BUT i went around nurburgring and was extremely disipointed
although i didnt try silverstone or anything.
ill stick to GT4 Thnx very much !
Old 24 May 2005, 12:20 (Ref:1308912)   #64
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

The Nurburgring is rank on Forza, it really is.

That's the main problem really, along with the fact there aren't enough tracks.

The excellent AI makes up for this, it's nice to have competition out on track rather than driving away from everyone. And the car selection is nicely balanced, rather than having 300 Nissan Skylines!

I like this as much as GT4 to be honest.
Old 24 May 2005, 18:41 (Ref:1309251)   #65
429CJ
Veteran

Finland
Otaku World
429CJ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, at least engine, and other mechanical, sounds are far better on Forza, first time I drove the Prodrive 550 Maranello I almost went deaf.

-Jamie Hyneman
Old 25 May 2005, 16:37 (Ref:1310032)   #66
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Now I have found a really bad aspect to this game.

When you win championships you have to win every race to unlock a car. I went through an entire championship trying to win the Prodrive Ferrari 550. I won every race except for the final race at Nurburgring where I just coasted in in second place. I won the championship at a canter though, but was surprised not to be awarded a car.

So tonight I will have to go through the entire championship again to win one bleeding race.
Old 25 May 2005, 18:13 (Ref:1310089)   #67
shiny side up!
Veteran

United States
Ann Arbor
shiny side up! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think you actually have to win the points and the LAST race to get the car... so chin up, from what I've heard you don't have to be perfect to get the car...
Old 26 May 2005, 09:08 (Ref:1310511)   #68
RobC
Racer

United Kingdom
Gloucestershire
To win the car you have to come first in each race......just remember to hit retry if you come anything less than 1st. If you make a mistake (like I've done a few times) just make the Drivatar drive the races you've already won Gold in (it doesn't matter where they finish because you've already got the top award) then you drive the race where you didn't get gold.

I'm upto level 50 now and just going through the other levels to unlock the other cars.

After lots of hours of game play these are the good/bad points to the game

Good -

- Car handling, although the upgraded road cars are a bit lary. American/Classic cars are the worse but I guess they really do handle that badly
- Sound, just the fact that with DD5.1 and you have a rear engine car the sound comes from the rear speakers, likewise with a front engine the noise comes from the front.
- Online gaming....fantastic
- Drivatar, useful when you can't be bothered to do the simple races

Bad -

- AI, sorry but this AI is either really good or complete sh1te. Things that annoyed me through the game were cars knocking into you as you overtook them on a straight, ok for a short race but on the final lap of a 30lap race thats the last thing you need. The biggest bugbare for me is if you go up the inside of a car on a corner and the AI turns into you it gets stuck on your car and drags both off into the gravel. This just shouldn't happen, ok if I was going around the outside of a car ok, but up the inside....rubbish....nearly threw the controller at the telly a couple of times with that.
- Resetting of championships, if you accidently select a championship you are half way through you get an option to continue or exit...only when you exit it resets the championship so you have to start again. Would be nice to have "are you sure" type option.
- Menu (ok, splitting hairs here) but it would be nice to have a shortcut to the garage, having to go through 5 menus to change your car is a bore
- Tracks, not enough....although there is a rumour that more will be downloadable from Live in the future.

Ok, looks like there is more bad points than good however this game is the BEST racing game on the Xbox at the moment. I haven't put it down since it came out two weeks ago...and I am sure I'll be playing it for a long time to come.
Old 26 May 2005, 16:45 (Ref:1310839)   #69
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

It has the fun factor which is important. It is a joy to play.

Another fault though! The horrible treacle grass........this is designed to prevent you taking shortcuts but is annoying when you have been pushed onto it by an AI car. This is most noticeable at Road Atlanta!

Also, I hate the fact that when you put four wheels on the grass some time is added to your lap time. This can make it difficult to gauge if you are improving in certain sectors of the lap and is a pain in the arse. For example, running out onto the rumble strip at the exit of Copse at Silverstone isn't a punishable offence, yet time is added to your lap time. Thabkfully, this "feature" doesn't affect your overall race position.
Old 26 May 2005, 18:23 (Ref:1310916)   #70
Es Nes
Veteran

Es Nes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
yup, i dont see why they need to pour salt on the wound :|
Old 26 May 2005, 18:31 (Ref:1310927)   #71
jslone
Racer

United States
Gaithersburg Maryland
jslone should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As far as the AI,be glad it is not in one aspect like Gran Tursimo.I cant stand that in the GTseries the cars sem to go towards either one side of the track or the other.In Forza the cars go were they want to.Also watching the cars in some of the turns in GT4 is laughable at best,I mean they seem to go way to high in the turn and almost has all 4 wheels in the grass,some turns are not as obvious.
The forums head dirtbag and headhog
Old 26 May 2005, 21:38 (Ref:1311126)   #72
Rich R
Veteran

United Kingdom
dudley uk
Rich R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i think the reason they add time if you go on the grass is for the xbox live best lap charts, their was a similar time penalty on motogp2.
i don't mind the ai too much, it's quite amusing when you see them blazing down on the inside into a hairpin and running off the track or hitting a wall, not so amusing when you get caught up in it though.
Old 27 May 2005, 10:25 (Ref:1311440)   #73
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Can you actullay build a car from scratch in the game, as the advert implies?
Old 27 May 2005, 10:27 (Ref:1311441)   #74
RobC
Racer

United Kingdom
Gloucestershire
Not from scratch as such, you take a standard production car and add upgrades, paint, stickers etc etc
Old 27 May 2005, 14:58 (Ref:1311674)   #75
429CJ
Veteran

Finland
Otaku World
429CJ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
And you can also change front and rear bumpers, wings and sideskirts and, on some occasions, change the engine, for example you can buy a Focus and change its 4 - cylinder engine to a Duratec 2.5L V6.

-Jamie Hyneman