Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 17 Jan 2006, 07:08 (Ref:1502869)   #76
Razor
10-10ths official Trekkie
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
Razor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Where to I have to see to get the Moderators postion?
Old 17 Jan 2006, 07:11 (Ref:1502873)   #77
Dirk
Veteran

Dirk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Barton
Where to I have to see to get the Moderators postion?
Greg, I like your enthusiasm, but a sentence like that for someone wanting to be a moderator is quite hilarious!
Old 17 Jan 2006, 07:12 (Ref:1502875)   #78
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If you think you can just 'get the Moderators position' you should stop bothering yourself with it right now........
Old 17 Jan 2006, 07:15 (Ref:1502878)   #79
Dirk
Veteran

Greg, what would you do with this thread that is way off topic if you were a moderator?
Old 17 Jan 2006, 07:43 (Ref:1502888)   #80
storyline
Veteran

Australia
Country Victoria
storyline should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ban everyone but himself?
Old 17 Jan 2006, 08:30 (Ref:1502904)   #81
Razor
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
Razor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
No, I would just say politley to get back on topic and if not I will Pm to stop talking off topic things and get to the main topic.
Old 17 Jan 2006, 09:26 (Ref:1502944)   #82
Onlooker
Veteran

Onlooker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Cranker
Onlooker you will have me in the Poo with the man that told me, (in confidence) on Saturday night that A much travelled engine builder is fleeing these shores for a much larger gig.

One that will see him as R & D head of a very large engine shop, with lots of units to play with, lots of people & lots of budget, and no Spunky not F1.

P.S...... Look for an " exclusive scoop " in AA this Wednesday.......
Oh & Uncle John, it wasn't me that flew the coop it was Onlooker..........

Dee EEE Eye for posterity.

Good handball there Cranker You must have been out at Broady with your ear to the wall like my good self

Hopefully FPR will not return to the debacle that was 2004

"Montoya made some last minute changes to his suspension but it seemed to effect it's handling"-Classic
Old 17 Jan 2006, 23:35 (Ref:1503458)   #83
Seton Fanatic
Racer

Seton Fanatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
DEI will do well out of the Benson deal. Their Restrictor-Plate and Intermediate programs really lacked the usual spark of years gone by, causing Messrs Earnhardt Jr and Waltrip to be almost as competitive as Petty Enterprises with those programs, not to mention self-induced errors from both drivers, with Mr Waltrip's contract not being renewed for that reason alone, despite Mr Earnhardt Jr's 2004 cars being given to his team.

As for FPR, time will tell, regarding the loss of Benson.
Old 18 Jan 2006, 00:30 (Ref:1503472)   #84
the man
Veteran

the man should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Barton
No, I would just say politley to get back on topic and if not I will Pm to stop talking off topic things and get to the main topic.
But plenty of threads around here go off topic, have for years, its always been fine.

Or do you want this website to become like v8central, where if you mention Holden in a Ford thread it gets closed and you get warned for going off topic.

While Waltrip's contract mightn't have been renewed, he still managed to walk away from the team with their sponsor NAPA, kinding of giving himself the last laugh.
Old 18 Jan 2006, 04:53 (Ref:1503531)   #85
Razor
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
Man, I would not go the V8 Central forum road. I will do my best to make sure all is following the rules
Old 18 Jan 2006, 07:50 (Ref:1503575)   #86
Helix
Racer

Australia
Victoria
Helix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Greg let it go man, its not gunna happen, it's got to the point where everyone is just taking the **** out of you.
Old 18 Jan 2006, 08:01 (Ref:1503580)   #87
Dirk
Veteran

I think the moderator line is long, there are a lot of people on here deserving of that role (please dont think I am one, I am too biased). Maybe wait a while Greg.
Old 18 Jan 2006, 08:04 (Ref:1503583)   #88
Razor
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
Will do boss
Old 18 Jan 2006, 11:22 (Ref:1503678)   #89
kmsport
Veteran

Australia
SA
kmsport has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Cranker
Onlooker you will have me in the Poo with the man that told me, (in confidence) on Saturday night that A much travelled engine builder is fleeing these shores for a much larger gig.

One that will see him as R & D head of a very large engine shop, with lots of units to play with, lots of people & lots of budget, and no Spunky not F1.

P.S...... Look for an " exclusive scoop " in AA this Wednesday.......
Oh & Uncle John, it wasn't me that flew the coop it was Onlooker..........

P.P.S. Anybody heard the story that Hollinger Engineering are currently making gears for Williams F1......
Got a e-mail to enquiries@hollinger.com.au a few months back, and the wheels are well & truly in motion.

Apparantly not direct link via ANY of the Aussies, just wanted a supplier to produce cogs, and not tell any of the opposition, unlike the previous supplier who supplied 3/4 of the F1 paddock.

What a productive weekend, Speedway on Saturday night & a BBQ on Sunday, I need to get a commision, GTR any openings in your fine organisation??????????

P.P.S.S. I love reading these replys when those who truly don't have a clue about the 'news' pretend to know the ins & outs, and just make it up as they go along.

Dee EEE Eye for posterity.
Geez..arent you full of yourself..to even include a V8SC engine builder in the same sentence as F1 is a joke....sorry, had to point it out!
Old 19 Jan 2006, 06:19 (Ref:1504204)   #90
Beatcha
Racer

Australia
Beatcha should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by the man
While Waltrip's contract mightn't have been renewed, he still managed to walk away from the team with their sponsor NAPA, kinding of giving himself the last laugh.
I think NAPA use Waltrip in a lot of promo stuff and basically are just following him. I am led to believe that DEI knew that without Waltrip they would not have NAPA and this was acceptable to them. Waltrip actually left on fairly good terms. Benson will shake them up though and he is just what they need.
Old 19 Jan 2006, 07:24 (Ref:1504209)   #91
Kerri
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide
Kerri should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKerri should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Greg, being a Moderator isn't all it's cracked up to be, trust me.
When you advise individuals of the rules of the forum, they don't necessarily take kindly to it.
If you delete or modify their posts (even after warning them politely) or even at times you have to remove an entire thread, just wait for the abusive long winded PM's.
So enjoy being a poster while you can, and don't take much notice of the older kids on this forum
Old 19 Jan 2006, 07:51 (Ref:1504215)   #92
rdmdog
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, NSW, or a track near you
rdmdog should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmsport
Geez..arent you full of yourself..to even include a V8SC engine builder in the same sentence as F1 is a joke....sorry, had to point it out!
Please remind me KM where Chris (?) Dyer (M.Schumacker's engineer) started out, or many of the other Aussies in F1 and other international Motor Sport came from?

Comments like that may have people thinking you might have a penchant to acting like a Knucklehead!
Old 19 Jan 2006, 08:21 (Ref:1504224)   #93
Razor
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerri
Greg, being a Moderator isn't all it's cracked up to be, trust me.
When you advise individuals of the rules of the forum, they don't necessarily take kindly to it.
If you delete or modify their posts (even after warning them politely) or even at times you have to remove an entire thread, just wait for the abusive long winded PM's.
So enjoy being a poster while you can, and don't take much notice of the older kids on this forum
I just would ignore the abuse like at school.
Old 19 Jan 2006, 08:58 (Ref:1504235)   #94
pete55
Veteran

pete55 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Don't tell me you get abused at school as well.
Old 19 Jan 2006, 09:29 (Ref:1504259)   #95
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by pete55
Pete, please don't take this as a direct insult.

Greg has tried to make empassioned input into this forum for some time now. He is young and hungry and like most of us here, he is passionate about the sport. He is largely positive in his posts and he tries to make a meaningful contribution.

Sometimes, like many of us, he gets a lil too keen, but that's forgivable.

If we had more Greg Bartons on here instead of those who tend to have a reasonably negative outlook on the V8 Supercar category and all its entourage, then this forum would be a better place.
Old 19 Jan 2006, 09:42 (Ref:1504273)   #96
Razor
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
Quote:
Originally Posted by pete55
Just the usual name callings and teasing because I have diffrent views
Old 19 Jan 2006, 09:47 (Ref:1504280)   #97
storyline
Veteran

Australia
Country Victoria
storyline should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Do It!
If we had more Greg Bartons on here instead of those who tend to have a reasonably negative outlook on the V8 Supercar category and all its entourage, then this forum would be a better place.
With respect jdi, your profile says you are in NZ so you should be forgiven for not seeing the damage and splits that the V8's have caused in this country.

Yes, they are generally popular (well were as crowd figures are starting to drop as are TV ratings), but they have also caused huge divisions within motor sport itself - both at competitor and official levels.

That is not good for the sport.
Old 19 Jan 2006, 09:48 (Ref:1504281)   #98
mtpanorama
Veteran

Australia
Bathurst (best racetrack in the world)
mtpanorama should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
And that was just from the teachers.

I can please only one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow isn't looking good, either
Old 19 Jan 2006, 10:20 (Ref:1504301)   #99
pete55
Veteran

pete55 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Do It!

If V8 Supercars were doing things for the betterment of the sport as a whole and also not going from one crisis to another plus being inconsistant in their rulings then they probably wouldn't get criticised anywhere near as much as they do now.
As for my little dig at Greg, it was meant to be in good humour and that's what i thought it was.
Old 19 Jan 2006, 10:24 (Ref:1504303)   #100
kmsport
Veteran

Australia
SA
kmsport has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdmdog
Please remind me KM where Chris (?) Dyer (M.Schumacker's engineer) started out, or many of the other Aussies in F1 and other international Motor Sport came from?

Comments like that may have people thinking you might have a penchant to acting like a Knucklehead!
my point Doggy!!!!!!! Dyer's background is University, Engineering, and massive experience.
Not just a trade and experience.
Unfortunatley, there is a distinct difference. And, the personal insult is off topic.....