Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Hillclimb and Sprint

Old 12 Sep 2008, 16:24 (Ref:2288212)   #1
Steve Wilkinson
Veteran

United Kingdom
Southport
Steve Wilkinson is a back marker
Cadwell Park - Saturday 13th September 2008

Well tomorrow we have the final round of the SBD Motorsport British Sprint Championship at Cadwell Park. The Top Twelve is neatly poised (see below) and the championship will be decided on the day. There are also other pots to find a home for: The Foundation Cup for the 2 litree; the Patsy Burt Trophy for the fastest Lady; The Saxon Trophy; plus the various Category Awards.

It should be an excellent day of sprinting with TVRs and Porsches as well as the HSA Championship in support.

Fingers crossed for a fine day - although a know a couple of drivers who will be praying for rain!

See you there?
Old 14 Sep 2008, 10:29 (Ref:2289601)   #2
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
So who won overall and who won the championship? I only heard who came 2nd..... I understand it was a bit greasy and a few bunnies met their end.
Old 14 Sep 2008, 11:04 (Ref:2289642)   #3
Steve Wilkinson
Veteran

United Kingdom
Southport
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suze
I understand it was a bit greasy and a few bunnies met their end.
Hi Suze! Well as for the greasy bit yes it was in the morning but by the time we got to the Class runs all was well. Glad to report just one bunny bit the bullet! Unfortunately it chose to skip out in front of Colin Calder who was on a Top 12 re-run due to a timing glitch. The remains of the bunny were liberally stuck over the right hand side of the Gould, the front wing bracket was broken and Colin splattered in blood from the little critter!

There was fun & games in the Road Going classes with one TVR driver (you know who you are!) managing a spin early in his lap then completing a second spin which ended in the barriers! The driver of a certain red peugeot 205 GTi (don't want to name him!) completed two spins in one practice run then told me that that was it for the day; the double spin at Park on his first timed run must have been me hallucinating!

As to the results I couldn't possibly say, well at least not until Wednesday afternoon!
Old 14 Sep 2008, 21:05 (Ref:2290305)   #4
fiestajohn
Rookie

fiestajohn should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suze
So who won overall and who won the championship?
Dont know anything about the event but Stewart Robb jnr is the new British Sprint Champion
Old 15 Sep 2008, 11:22 (Ref:2290784)   #5
Westysprinter
Racer

England
Washington
Westysprinter should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Must have been a weekend for TVR's. one was totalled at Thoresby after the finish line, Driver was un hurt.
Old 15 Sep 2008, 16:22 (Ref:2291033)   #6
b1ackcr0w
Veteran

b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westysprinter
Must have been a weekend for TVR's. one was totalled at Thoresby after the finish line, Driver was un hurt.
Let's face it though Westy. Racing Tuscans has always been about as hairy and unpredictable as inviting Amy Winehouse to a distilliary tour.
Old 15 Sep 2008, 16:37 (Ref:2291036)   #7
Steve Wilkinson
Veteran

United Kingdom
Southport
Quote:
Originally Posted by b1ackcr0w
Let's face it though Westy. Racing Tuscans has always been about as hairy and unpredictable as inviting Amy Winehouse to a distilliary tour.
Or even on a tour of a distillery. I understand the car involved in the "post finish line incident at Thoresby" was, like the vehicle involved in the Cadwell incident, a Cerbera!