Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Hillclimb and Sprint

Old 21 Jul 2007, 15:41 (Ref:1969208)   #1
Fireblade
Racer

Fireblade should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Shelsley Walsh Landslide

Shelsley Walsh - MAC
Landslide due to extreme weather conditions.

Notice to competitors, marshals, officials and spectators.

As many already know the inclement weather conditions have taken their toll on the Worcestershire/Herefordshire countryside and Shelsley Walsh is no exception. During the night of 20th/21st of July a landslide brought the spectators enclosure between Members Gate and Bottom Ess down on to the track.
Although the total damage has not been fully assessed at present it does cast some doubts on the 3 day August meeting which MAY not be able to take place.
The whole valley is under flood and the road from Stanford Bridge to Shelsley is the depth of a Range Rover wheel at present making site access difficult.
The MAC ask that calls to the Office at Shelsley Walsh be kept to a minimum allowing the staff to deal with the problems in hand and able to use their telephone line for important outgoing/incoming calls to deal with the situation.
Regular bulletins will be available and constantly updated at www.shelsley-walsh.co.uk regarding all forthcoming events for this year and competitors, officials and spectators are advised to use this medium for all latest news.
If your call is not of great importance please do not make it.

Thanks.

Last edited by Woolley; 24 Jul 2007 at 23:19.
Old 21 Jul 2007, 16:01 (Ref:1969225)   #2
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Under normal circumstances we wouldn't allow a link to another forum, but thanks to Al for his courtesy in contacting me I'm happy to leave it there for the time being whilst normal service is resumed at Shelsley.

In the meantime I'm happy to receive any marshalling queries which I'll respond to as and when I have any information.

Obviously, it's difficult to know precisely what the ramifications will be, so I ask everyone to be wary of speculation. News will be made available as soon as it is known.

Chris
Old 24 Jul 2007, 10:45 (Ref:1971970)   #3
Fireblade
Racer

The MAC would like to make it known that this weekends Restoration Run will still be held as per the published schedule. There has been some confusion and doubt over this due to the landslip problems outlined above but it will still be going ahead.

Many thanks.
Old 2 Aug 2007, 18:47 (Ref:1979275)   #4
Fireblade
Racer

Shelsley Walsh
Midland Automobile Club

The August 17th-18th-19th meeting at Shelsley Walsh has been cancelled due to landslip damage at Shelsley. An alternative date of the 6th and 7th October has been agreed subject to confirmation by this weekend by the Championship coordinator.
The format of this October meeting will be a condensed version of the British and Midland Hill Climb Championship that would have run on the 17th-18th August, plus a similarly condensed version of the British Hill Climb Championship 60th Anniversary scheduled for 19th August .It is anticipated that 150 cars will contend the British and Midland Hillclimb Championship part of the event while thirty significant cars relevant to the History of the British Hill Climb Championship will make up the programme in three additional classes.

The Curborough Sprint scheduled for the 7th October will now take place on the 21st October. Competitors who have entered this event will be contacted in the next few days to confirm whether their entries should stand for the revised date or their entry fee should be reimbursed in full.

The MAC and the Hillclimb Sub-Committee would like to thank all that have offered generous and practical help, not to mention their patience, following this upset to the 2007 seasons calendar.

Also thanks to the owners and moderators of tentenths.com for the use of this forum in making the announcement.
Old 3 Aug 2007, 12:41 (Ref:1979850)   #5
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
My officials' letter arrived this morning asking for availabilty. And interesting one as I'm supposed to be at a wedding on the Saturday - I wonder if I can claim force majeure for it? Shouldn't be a problem to just be late for the evening do, so I expect to be at Shelsley - will seem strange being there so late in the year.

It's a shame that it's had to come to this, but it's been an exceptional summer and these things happen unfortunately. Can I send my own thanks back to the club for keeping us well informed via the website and the various forums. On that point, do I assume that the September meeting is TBA until it's known how the work is continuing?
Old 3 Aug 2007, 13:31 (Ref:1979873)   #6
blackx
Veteran

England
blackx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I shall be there for the newly arranged October date.
If I'm not required on the unit I will be more than happy to help out on the bank.
Old 5 Sep 2007, 20:21 (Ref:2004600)   #7
Fireblade
Racer

Shelsley Midland round

Well the Shelsley track is looking good, the bank newly repaired and the footpath and handrail back in place.
The road sweeper spent all day washing the track down and brushing in the area of the repairs and the hill has sprung back into life for this weekends Midland Hillclimb Championship meeting.

Hopefully see you all there with some good weather as well.
Old 6 Sep 2007, 06:12 (Ref:2004843)   #8
rescue dude
Veteran

England
rescue dude is a back marker
That is excellent news. I'll see you there.
Old 6 Sep 2007, 06:53 (Ref:2004854)   #9
welshgal_2006
Racer

Wales
Cardiff
welshgal_2006 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Brilliant news ...
Old 6 Sep 2007, 08:28 (Ref:2004938)   #10
rescue dude
Veteran

England
I may pay a visit later today for a nose.
Old 6 Sep 2007, 13:53 (Ref:2005199)   #11
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Good work everyone. I shall sadly be missing this week-end, but I'm amazed that the work requried could be completed so quickly.
Old 6 Sep 2007, 15:26 (Ref:2005296)   #12
zac510
Veteran

zac510 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I doubt I'll make it too, but good to hear it's all back in order!
Old 7 Sep 2007, 06:58 (Ref:2005836)   #13
welshgal_2006
Racer

Wales
Cardiff
welshgal_2006 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well unfortunately this wekkend clashes with the Rugby wolrd Cup... I am howevere going to make the trip up on Sunday when my home team are playing so anyone with access to a TV/Radio on Sunday, updates will be most appreciated.
Old 7 Sep 2007, 18:29 (Ref:2006275)   #14
Bossybottom
Rookie

Bossybottom should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rescue dude
That is excellent news. I'll see you there.
Phil & I will be there on Saturday. Yes! more of the chocolate & guinness coming too!
Old 7 Sep 2007, 18:47 (Ref:2006295)   #15
blackx
Veteran

England
blackx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossybottom
Phil & I will be there on Saturday. Yes! more of the chocolate & guinness coming too!

Dont forget some for Loton at the end of the month
Old 7 Sep 2007, 19:41 (Ref:2006342)   #16
brickkicker
Veteran

brickkicker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ill be there too. Looks like a bumper entry.
Old 8 Sep 2007, 04:23 (Ref:2006553)   #17
Bossybottom
Rookie

Bossybottom should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackx
Dont forget some for Loton at the end of the month
Will do, and the lemon and ginger too!
Old 10 Sep 2007, 06:26 (Ref:2008172)   #18
Tim Hull
Racer

Tim Hull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossybottom
Bossybottom can be as bossy as she likes when supplying cake like this 'Yum yum'. Also thanks to Marg for some lovely fairy cakes. Its hard work on Rescue.

On a different note, the repair work at Shelsley looks fantastic, well done.
Old 11 Sep 2007, 07:17 (Ref:2009064)   #19
Sonic rescue
Rookie

Ireland
West Mids
Sonic rescue should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I know Tim, marg's cake are nice, I think I am going to have to move from kennells or my waist line is going to suffer, I never eat cake, except for when i'm on rescue or marshalling. Also if Pat's going to go back on kennels I aint coming, he said he was a magnet for trouble TOO TRUE. . Lovely couple. x x
Old 11 Sep 2007, 19:38 (Ref:2009637)   #20
Tim Hull
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic rescue
I know Tim, marg's cake are nice, I think I am going to have to move from kennells or my waist line is going to suffer, I never eat cake, except for when i'm on rescue or marshalling.
I've noticed that when things go wrong at Kennells, the car comes to a stop right by the post so no running with extinguishers and brooms etc. Try other posts where you might have to run up a hill (or down a 60' thistle, bramble and nettle bank) This should compensate for enjoying a cake or three. As you can tell, eating cake has had no 'big' adverse effects on me
Old 12 Sep 2007, 06:00 (Ref:2009887)   #21
brickkicker
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Hull
or down a 60' thistle, bramble and nettle bank
Well done to those who helped the driver from down the bank at the weekend, and to the rescue who managed to pull it out at the end of the meeting
Old 12 Sep 2007, 06:27 (Ref:2009898)   #22
rescue dude
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by brickkicker
Well done to those who helped the driver from down the bank at the weekend, and to the rescue who managed to pull it out at the end of the meeting

We had a lot of help from Gin the breakdown dude.
Old 12 Sep 2007, 19:24 (Ref:2010418)   #23
brickkicker
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rescue dude
We had a lot of help from Gin the breakdown dude.
OK, great team effort dont think I would have wanted to go down there, in fact I didnt I just waited for it at the top
Old 12 Sep 2007, 20:40 (Ref:2010480)   #24
Tim Hull
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by brickkicker
dont think I would have wanted to go down there, in fact I didnt I just waited for it at the top
My IC on Rescue asked me to stay with the unit. What a great bloke, thats got to be worth a pint.

But seriously, it was great to see the driver walk away from such a spectacular accident and then bow to the crowds applause. What a great bloke he was too. I wish him a speedy return.
Old 13 Sep 2007, 19:36 (Ref:2011732)   #25
brickkicker
Veteran

Spoke to him after the meeting and he was fine, only problem he has was he bit his tonge. Apart from being gutted about the car he was in good spirits. For anyone that has seen it this is were he ended up.

Some arrows to help you find it