Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 25 Feb 2013, 06:18 (Ref:3210301)   #101
PointDSM
Racer

United States
Wisconsin
PointDSM is a back marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
They have badged a LMP2 effort and the car they're currently building for this season.
They put a sticker on a Lola/Toyota, and nobody bought a Lotus LMP2 car when they said they had one last year....

Lotus is not a manufacturer in LMP racing. Talk to me when a chassis runs more than the Delta Wing and I will reverse my reply.
Old 25 Feb 2013, 06:23 (Ref:3210303)   #102
MitchZ06
Veteran

New Zealand
Australia
MitchZ06 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I guess we'll wait till round 2 of the WEC then?
Old 25 Feb 2013, 06:33 (Ref:3210306)   #103
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PointDSM View Post
They put a sticker on a Lola/Toyota, and nobody bought a Lotus LMP2 car when they said they had one last year....

Lotus is not a manufacturer in LMP racing. Talk to me when a chassis runs more than the Delta Wing and I will reverse my reply.
The T128 should do well in LMP2 this year. I am rooting for it. It definitely looks good if the renders are the same as reality. If it's as fast as it looks, I think they will be the team to beat in LMP2.
Old 25 Feb 2013, 09:49 (Ref:3210354)   #104
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I also understand that the Lotus LMP2 we'll see this year will be the base for the 2014 LMP1 car.

What's happened to Bailey, anyone? I'm sure it was said by some reliable sources that they'd sold a couple of cars. It's gone very quiet on that front.
Old 25 Feb 2013, 12:18 (Ref:3210421)   #105
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Can someone please screw up and break the Nissan embargo already!?
Old 25 Feb 2013, 12:22 (Ref:3210423)   #106
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
DTM for me doesn't really fit in the the 'innovation that excites' line that Darren Cox has been banding around.
Unless it's a 2.0L turbo hybrid that delivers 500hp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArnageWRC View Post
A Nismo Juke RX car???
I'd love that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
I'm still betting on a Nissan One-Make Support series for WEC.
That wouldn't be a bad idea. Leaf Nismo?
Old 25 Feb 2013, 12:24 (Ref:3210426)   #107
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
I also understand that the Lotus LMP2 we'll see this year will be the base for the 2014 LMP1 car.

What's happened to Bailey, anyone? I'm sure it was said by some reliable sources that they'd sold a couple of cars. It's gone very quiet on that front.
There was a team testing it , with a view to buying one . There was one displayed at Le Mans last year , and there was rumour of Bailey themselves doing Le Mans . Goerge Fouche was intending being on the 2013 grid with one .

All gone quite now ..... shame .
Old 25 Feb 2013, 12:28 (Ref:3210429)   #108
Acid09
Veteran

Germany
Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beryl View Post
"Big" does not necessarily imply positive, so I'm be cautious with my expectations. Even if Nissan announce a P1 program, there could also be a pullout by someone else (Toyota, Lotus or Audi).
Sports car racing is full of naysayers but reading that into this obviously positively tweet...well that's something else
Old 25 Feb 2013, 13:47 (Ref:3210472)   #109
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Tweet from the ed of DSC:

Tonight's @radiolemans Midweek Motorsport special is a must - Leave it on quietly as you sleep and tomorrow you'll think you dreamt it!
Old 25 Feb 2013, 13:51 (Ref:3210473)   #110
Acid09
Veteran

Germany
Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!
Oh come on..it has to be LMP1 the way DSC & RLM are hyping this up!
Old 25 Feb 2013, 13:56 (Ref:3210476)   #111
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Think I'm going to stay up. Hope that doesn't jinx it! P1ease let it be a P1.
Old 25 Feb 2013, 14:06 (Ref:3210480)   #112
dj choc ice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Liverpool
dj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
LMP1 or GTE for Nissan. If it's either I will burst with excitement, I'll certainly be tuning in to MWM tonight.
Old 25 Feb 2013, 14:13 (Ref:3210485)   #113
BMWFan56
Rookie

BMWFan56 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acid09 View Post
Oh come on..it has to be LMP1 the way DSC & RLM are hyping this up!
I agree, at this point if it's anything but a P1 program it'll be a big let down.
Old 25 Feb 2013, 14:22 (Ref:3210496)   #114
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Wondering why they'd announce that now, though. It'd be going to be for 2014 at the earliest - why not announce it at LM if it is an LMP1?
Old 25 Feb 2013, 14:27 (Ref:3210498)   #115
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-King View Post
Wondering why they'd announce that now, though. It'd be going to be for 2014 at the earliest - why not announce it at LM if it is an LMP1?
Maybe they can't keep a secret that long? Toyota and Porsche also announced their programmes at quiet times of the year.

The news has already had a pretty big impact and it hasn't been released yet.
Old 25 Feb 2013, 14:33 (Ref:3210504)   #116
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
I figure whatever it is they want to announce it now to fit in with the NISMO road car re-positioning announcement.

That way any news of the new motorsport programme will have the NISMO piece mentioned in it and vice versa. It's a double PR hit I suppose.
Old 25 Feb 2013, 14:34 (Ref:3210505)   #117
Acid09
Veteran

Germany
As far as I can remember none of the recently joined manufacturers announced their programme at Le Mans. Porsche did shortly after last year..

During Le Mans week all the media attention will be on Toyota and Audi. Now, Nissan will have all the buzz for themselves.
Old 25 Feb 2013, 14:34 (Ref:3210507)   #118
Speed-King
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
The news has already had a pretty big impact and it hasn't been released yet.
Big impact in a small pond - namely the 10/10s and RLM-crowd.
Old 25 Feb 2013, 14:48 (Ref:3210511)   #119
Pandamasque
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
I'm prettu sure a P1 programme announcement would be all over autosport.com at least.
Old 25 Feb 2013, 15:02 (Ref:3210514)   #120
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandamasque View Post
I'm prettu sure a P1 programme announcement would be all over autosport.com at least.
What gets announced and the reach it has is a different matter to what is being discussed - which is the hype around tonight's announcement.
Old 25 Feb 2013, 15:04 (Ref:3210515)   #121
Speed-King
Veteran

Not doubting that - I just think that there could be more approbriate venues for announcing an LMP1 programme.

How about a 918-ish Supercar or something? I still don't think this is exclusively a racing announcement.
Old 25 Feb 2013, 15:06 (Ref:3210516)   #122
Acid09
Veteran

Germany
It has to be something directly racing-related otherwise DSC & RLM wouldn't hype this up this much.

If it's just some obscure supercar then that would be a big let down.
Old 25 Feb 2013, 15:08 (Ref:3210517)   #123
ArnageWRC
Racer

UK-ROI
Nord Ouest Ingleterre
ArnageWRC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm really hoping its a LMP programme.

Howver, if it is a GTE programme, what car would they use? The GT-R is a monster, the 370Z would seem a better fit.

Lets hope we're all excited by the news, another major Manufacturer is a huge plus for the sport!!
Old 25 Feb 2013, 15:30 (Ref:3210520)   #124
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Quote:
It's the crowd they need to win over first to get their money's worth from the project, and this sort of hype should do the trick.
Old 25 Feb 2013, 15:31 (Ref:3210522)   #125
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArnageWRC View Post
I'm really hoping its a LMP programme.

Howver, if it is a GTE programme, what car would they use? The GT-R is a monster, the 370Z would seem a better fit.

Lets hope we're all excited by the news, another major Manufacturer is a huge plus for the sport!!
I can see either a Nissan LMP1 program or a Nissan GT-R GTE factory team, McLaren MP4-12C GTE factory team, Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG GTE factory team, or a BMW Z4 GTE factory team. All would be great.