Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Bike Racing

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 6 Apr 2003, 11:59 (Ref:559912)   #1
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Kato Condition Update

Quote:
MotoGP officials have offered the following latest information about the accident suffered by Daijiro Kato during today's Japanese Grand Prix, at Suzuka, and his current condition.
"We don't know what caused the crash, but what we all know is that it was in the braking zone approaching the chicane," explained Race Director Paul Butler.

"There are no marks on the track and, as we always do in these cases, we have reviewed the video evidence from the live television feed and the closed circuit cameras but frankly we are none the wiser to what caused this very tragic accident to happen. This accident could have occurred at any circuit in the world.

"I would like to add that we are all thinking about Kato-san at this time and our sincere thoughts go out to his family, friends and team."

"The first news we received from the medical team on the track was that Kato's heart had stopped, and he was unconscious," added Medical Director Claudio Macchiagodena. "Only fast action in the ambulance to resuscitate his heart gave him the chance to fight for his life, and when he arrived at the hospital he was in a slightly improved condition.

"There is no diagnosis in this situation, only the intention to save Kato's life. The hospital scans confirmed serious injuries to his head, chest and neck," warned Macchiagodena. "He is now in intensive care fighting for his life."
I'll be up all night so I will try and keep you posted on any developments.