Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 11 Apr 2005, 17:10 (Ref:1275691)   #1
mp356a
Veteran

United States
SE PA USA
mp356a should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Any update on Montoya's condition - race fit?

Has anyone heard if Montoya will be back in the car at the next race? I heard a rumor that Wurz might in the car. No inside scoop, just a rumor.
Anyone have real info or is it too early?
Thanks,
Mike

Last edited by mp356a; 11 Apr 2005 at 17:11. Reason: ediiited fer splelling
Old 11 Apr 2005, 19:00 (Ref:1275763)   #2
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
Damon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I sure hope he'll be back. Watching De la Rosa muddle his way through the pack made me pine for thinking what Monty might have been capable of. From what I've read though it sounds like he'll be out for Imola too.
Old 11 Apr 2005, 19:07 (Ref:1275771)   #3
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damon
I sure hope he'll be back. Watching De la Rosa muddle his way through the pack

That's very unfair!

It is most likely Alexander Wurz will race at Imola with a recovered Juan Pablo returning at the next race.
Old 11 Apr 2005, 19:15 (Ref:1275782)   #4
Jordi
Veteran

Catalonia
Vilafranca del Penedés, CATALONIA
Jordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kicking-back
That's very unfair!
I agree. No disrespect, Damon, but so far we haven't seen the Montoya of old this season - the charging one. He's had somewhat anonymous races this year so far.
Old 11 Apr 2005, 19:19 (Ref:1275788)   #5
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
It is most likely Alexander Wurz will race at Imola with a recovered Juan Pablo returning at the next race.
Is Wurz contractually promised the sub position? Would De la Rosa with a recent race under his belt be a better option does anyone think?
Old 11 Apr 2005, 19:40 (Ref:1275801)   #6
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
Damon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kicking-back
That's very unfair!
Well! It was hardly a masterclass in overtaking was it. I don't blame him, the guy's very race rusty, I just think we may have seen the "old Montoya" had he been sat in that seat instead of De la Rosa. It'll learn him to go playing on trial bikes mind!

Last edited by Damon; 11 Apr 2005 at 19:42.
Old 11 Apr 2005, 19:44 (Ref:1275805)   #7
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
How did he actually injure himself? The real answer's preferred to the PR answer thanks.
Old 11 Apr 2005, 19:54 (Ref:1275807)   #8
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Racer
How did he actually injure himself? The real answer's preferred to the PR answer thanks.
That one is covered here: http://tentenths.com/forum/showthread.php?t=67294

Lets keep this one to updates on his condition.

Last edited by Adam43; 11 Apr 2005 at 19:55.
Old 12 Apr 2005, 11:44 (Ref:1276206)   #9
josvandeperre
Veteran

England
Central London
josvandeperre should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Somewhere says he'll be back at Imola but now there is the small issue of paternity leave so presumably Ron will let him take the rest of the season off
Old 12 Apr 2005, 12:17 (Ref:1276244)   #10
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
According to F1racing.net Montoya will be back racing at Imola next week.
Old 12 Apr 2005, 14:52 (Ref:1276402)   #11
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Oh good stuff!

Only slightly regretful that Wurz didn't get his chance. And I hope Montoya is 100% definitely capable of going the full race distance.......what a waste it would be if he had to pull into the garage after 10 laps because his arm is killing him.
Old 12 Apr 2005, 16:30 (Ref:1276474)   #12
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Anyways, I believe congratulations are in order for Mr and Mrs Montoya.

Connie gave birth to their new baby boy.

They have called him Sebastien, named after Juans favourite cartoon character, the crab off Disney's "The Little Mermaid".

Congrats to them both!
Old 12 Apr 2005, 17:03 (Ref:1276489)   #13
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowlesy
Anyways, I believe congratulations are in order for Mr and Mrs Montoya.

Connie gave birth to their new baby boy.

Congrats Montie....
Old 12 Apr 2005, 17:17 (Ref:1276496)   #14
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Congratulations to Connie and JPM. What's the betting that Seb Montoya, Hugo Hakkinen and Mick and David Schumacher will be fighting it out for GP wins by 2025?

Favourite cartoon character's an interesting naming choice. By that logic, my kids could be Homer, Jerry and Herschel.....
Old 12 Apr 2005, 17:19 (Ref:1276497)   #15
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BootsOntheSide
Congratulations to Connie and JPM. What's the betting that Seb Montoya, Hugo Hakkinen and Mick and David Schumacher will be fighting it out for GP wins by 2025?

What about Gina? Has she started karting yet?
Old 13 Apr 2005, 10:44 (Ref:1277010)   #16
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
If he ain't back at Imola then its another campaign over for him effectively?

If he is back he'll need to be on it straight away n all!
Old 13 Apr 2005, 11:51 (Ref:1277064)   #17
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Even if he misses the race he could still be ahead of Michael, Kimi and Jenson, and within touchign distance of Rubens and Fisichella, so it's too early to entirely write him off simply through missing 2 races. Plenry of drivers have won the title despite consecutive no-points races, and while I doubt McLaren can do it this year, stranger things have happened. At the least he can hope to win races, finish top 5 in teh championship and gain the upper hand on Kimi.
Old 13 Apr 2005, 12:11 (Ref:1277086)   #18
krt917
Veteran

krt917 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkrt917 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Missing 2 races isn't all that disastrous - more concerning is the way McLaren have so far failed to capitalise on a car that is fundamentally fast. I'm sure they will, but Renault and Ferrari aren't going to get any slower so they'll want to score more points sooner rather than later.

I was sort of hoping that JPM would miss Imola. Haven't got anything against him, but it would have been nice to see Wurz get his chance, or maybe even see de la Rosa out again. Hopefully Juan and Kimi can start tapping into the potential of the car a bit more now that the flyaway races are done with.

Oh, and congrats to the Montoya's!

Last edited by krt917; 13 Apr 2005 at 12:11.
Old 13 Apr 2005, 18:53 (Ref:1277403)   #19
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Congratulations to the Montoyas!
Old 23 Apr 2005, 23:21 (Ref:1285379)   #20
TedN
Racer

Canada
Georgetown, ON, Canada
TedN should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTedN should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Funny Pic from Imola

Ted
Old 24 Apr 2005, 05:20 (Ref:1285428)   #21
Raglanparade
Veteran

Australia
Raglanparade should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I love that !! See you in Wimbledon !
Old 24 Apr 2005, 08:17 (Ref:1285479)   #22
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
OMG . i almost fell laughing )

Ciao Marco
Old 25 Apr 2005, 09:41 (Ref:1286687)   #23
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Good news is the pace of his car.....Kimi's pace will have him chomping at the bit to get back in at Barca.

What a way to come back...by winning and jumping into the title mix?!
Old 25 Apr 2005, 09:47 (Ref:1286696)   #24
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
i hope he'll not jump too much . cause he might break another bone

Ciao Marco
Old 25 Apr 2005, 09:52 (Ref:1286705)   #25
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Yeah

But more importantly...in the inmner team battle Kimi's misfortune means that he's still behind Juan in the points i think?!