Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 21 Dec 2006, 12:00 (Ref:1796728)   #1
Pistonbroke
Racer

Wales
Shropshire
Pistonbroke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Midland Hills Marshals' Championship

We sometimes have threads on here bemoaning the way marshals are treated, so I thought it was time an excellent initiative got a bit more publicity.
2007 will be the fourth year in which this championship has run. Its aims are to encourage marshals to attend hillclimbs and sprints run by the Midland Automobile Club, Hagley & District Light Car Club, and the Bugatti Owners' Club, at Shelsley Walsh, Loton Park, Prescott, MIRA, & Curborough; and also to encourage us to introduce newcomers. All marshals, rescue crew, and unpaid officials are eligible. Registration is required, but is free.
Points are awarded for attendance at events and for introducing new marshals. At the end of the season all participants in the championship are invited to a free 3-course lunch, and trophies and prizes are awarded to the top ten. As an example, first prize in 2006 was a cheque for £300.
We hope to have entry forms more widely available at the venues this year, but meanwhile if anyone would like contact details for the Championship Co-ordinator, Jim Gazey (yes, he of the AA-liveried Smart car) please PM me.
Old 21 Dec 2006, 17:18 (Ref:1796958)   #2
rescue dude
Veteran

England
rescue dude is a back marker
An excellent do it is too.

I can highly recommend it.
Old 21 Dec 2006, 18:44 (Ref:1797005)   #3
Lord Summerisle
Veteran

England
Lancs
Lord Summerisle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
oo i wondered what that championship some of you guys where talking about this last season
Old 21 Dec 2006, 18:57 (Ref:1797012)   #4
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
The Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridThe Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I can highly recommend the MAC to all Marshals, go on give it a chance, you don't know what you're missing.
Old 21 Dec 2006, 19:41 (Ref:1797036)   #5
rescue dude
Veteran

England
rescue dude is a back marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Summerisle
oo i wondered what that championship some of you guys where talking about this last season

There will be registration forms available at Loton or just ask Mr Gazey. he's the coordinator.
Old 22 Dec 2006, 01:23 (Ref:1797289)   #6
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
They're usually avaialable at the Training Day (March 4th, not Feb as I told someone a few days ago). It's a good idea someone had and helps foster a good spirit. Too bad my invite didn't arrive this year (seeing as I wasn't registered last year and went as Jan's guest!) This year we made sure we both registered and never heard anything! No worries, as we weren't available anyway, and if we had been we'd have made sure we were there somehow!

Congratulations to all the winners and thanks to the organizers and drivers who fund it and sort it all out.
Old 22 Dec 2006, 08:25 (Ref:1797409)   #7
blackx
Veteran

England
blackx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woolley

Congratulations to all the winners and thanks to the organizers and drivers who fund it and sort it all out.

I'll second that as well.....
There were again some drivers present at the lunch and they were very welcome indeed........
Its nice to mix with the drivers outside of a motor-sport event....
Old 22 Dec 2006, 22:03 (Ref:1797980)   #8
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
That's what I like best about hill-climbing. There's no branch of the sport with better interaction between the drivers and marshals and it makes for a wonderful atmosphere.