Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 18 Dec 2007, 13:17 (Ref:2091258)   #1
elspethhardie
Racer

Wales
South Wales
elspethhardie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridelspethhardie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Lewis loses licence

Lewis has been caught speeding in Frace and lost his licence!

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/181220...-speeding.html
Old 18 Dec 2007, 13:20 (Ref:2091262)   #2
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
for reference, that's exactly how they'd treat a "normal" person who had committed that offence...
Old 18 Dec 2007, 15:06 (Ref:2091326)   #3
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
He well and trully now belongs in the F1 drivers circle. Seems to happen to all of them atleast once.
Old 18 Dec 2007, 15:45 (Ref:2091348)   #4
Osella
Veteran

Osella should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
on the one hand, what a terrible example he sets to all and sundry, and other pious bilge etc, and on the other, there are some drivers who can't be trusted with a Yaris at walking pace. It's a bit like Stravinsky busking; you might not like the sound of it, but...
Old 18 Dec 2007, 16:42 (Ref:2091378)   #5
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Lewis, go and sit on the naughty step until your license is returned.
Old 18 Dec 2007, 16:57 (Ref:2091388)   #6
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Knowlesy, thanks for editing the title now you just need to spell licence proper
Old 18 Dec 2007, 17:02 (Ref:2091390)   #7
diz
Veteran

England
Cheshire
diz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by falcemob
Knowlesy, thanks for editing the title now you just need to spell licence proper
LY
Old 18 Dec 2007, 17:05 (Ref:2091392)   #8
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
diz, you can't be pedantic when I'm using a winky emoticon
Old 18 Dec 2007, 17:07 (Ref:2091394)   #9
garcon
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I think you'll find he just was.

Does that make falcemob a pedantic winker?
Old 18 Dec 2007, 17:14 (Ref:2091401)   #10
MrTTraces
Veteran

Zimbabwe
A place where the coffee is cold!
MrTTraces should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by garcon
I think you'll find he just was.

Does that make falcemob a pedantic winker?

Anyway back on topic, Judging by his speed I'm assuming it wasn't a diesel, although didn't button get busted a few years ago doing something similar in a diesel BMW?
Old 18 Dec 2007, 18:56 (Ref:2091450)   #11
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTTraces

Judging by his speed I'm assuming it wasn't a diesel, although didn't button get busted a few years ago doing something similar in a diesel BMW?
Most modern 3 litre diesels will top out at around 140-150 mph.My own 3 litre Vectra diesel has no problem indicating 155 mph on the speedo (private road of course officer ).

Jenson got dobbed in a 3 litre 3 series diesel BMW.I don't think that he had long past his test when it happened.
Old 18 Dec 2007, 19:03 (Ref:2091455)   #12
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTTraces

Anyway back on topic, Judging by his speed I'm assuming it wasn't a diesel, although didn't button get busted a few years ago doing something similar in a diesel BMW?
If it was his own Merc it was a diesel and a 4x4. And that is more than capable of doing 120mph.
Old 18 Dec 2007, 19:13 (Ref:2091458)   #13
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
I seem to recall a lot of cynics said that the Button speeding incident was a PR stunt designed to "advertise" how fast their new diesel BMW could go.
Old 18 Dec 2007, 19:17 (Ref:2091461)   #14
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo
I seem to recall a lot of cynics said that the Button speeding incident was a PR stunt designed to "advertise" how fast their new diesel BMW could go.
It worked,they're all over the place!
Old 18 Dec 2007, 23:05 (Ref:2091632)   #15
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella
for reference, that's exactly how they'd treat a "normal" person who had committed that offence...
That's good to know, but the inconvenience to a "normal" person would be much greater, particularly if travelling alone. No entourage at hand to help him complete his journey; no handy person available to collect the car and take it back to the UK, although I suppose it would be better if there were others in the car, one of whom could drive it.

Perhaps next year Lewis will stay in England and take part in the Race of Champions.
Old 18 Dec 2007, 23:08 (Ref:2091639)   #16
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by strider
That's good to know, but the inconvenience to a "normal" person would be much greater, particularly if travelling alone. No entourage at hand to help him complete his journey; no handy person available to collect the car and take it back to the UK, although I suppose it would be better if there were others in the car, one of whom could drive it.
...and your point is?
Old 18 Dec 2007, 23:13 (Ref:2091643)   #17
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Life aint fair. When he books a holiday it is less inconvenient for him. When he buys a car it is less inconvenient. Still at least if you did it it wouldn't be in the 'papers and people theorising about how easy your life is.

Anyway, hard luck to Lewis for getting caught.
Old 19 Dec 2007, 02:34 (Ref:2091705)   #18
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Hans
...and your point is?
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamAshmore
Life aint fair. When he books a holiday it is less inconvenient for him. When he buys a car it is less inconvenient. Still at least if you did it it wouldn't be in the 'papers and people theorising about how easy your life is.

Just to make matters clear, there was no point beyond the obvious - when you're an F1 superstar most of the time life's problems are minimised.

I say that without any sense of envy. I'm pretty happy with my life as it is and those guys deserve the incidental perks they get for being what they are and providing us with great pleasure and, usually, something more important to write about.
Old 19 Dec 2007, 02:53 (Ref:2091707)   #19
MRJUCY
Veteran

Australia
At the pub
MRJUCY should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by martyn bott
Most modern 3 litre diesels will top out at around 140-150 mph.My own 3 litre Vectra diesel has no problem indicating 155 mph on the speedo (private road of course officer )
You should get that speedo fixed.
Old 19 Dec 2007, 06:35 (Ref:2091739)   #20
deeks6
Veteran

deeks6 User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:
Originally Posted by martyn bott
Most modern 3 litre diesels will top out at around 140-150 mph.My own 3 litre Vectra diesel has no problem indicating 155 mph on the speedo (private road of course officer ).
Did you mean km/h?

If not, you must have found some awfully hot chip oil ...
Old 19 Dec 2007, 07:00 (Ref:2091745)   #21
NAC
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
NAC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNAC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella
bella I thought someone should at least acknowlege your response. That has to be the comeback of the year.

Nice
Old 19 Dec 2007, 11:39 (Ref:2091876)   #22
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:

Yeah, but it seems pretty common among racing drivers, so it's nothing really new.
Old 19 Dec 2007, 12:09 (Ref:2091902)   #23
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRJUCY
You should get that speedo fixed.
I could post a vid (maybe YOU can find it yourself )

Not only is that speed only 2mph out according to the GPS,but it all happens at a rather leisurely 4,200 rpm!

Last edited by Marbot; 19 Dec 2007 at 12:15.
Old 19 Dec 2007, 21:58 (Ref:2092286)   #24
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Quote:
Originally Posted by strider
Just to make matters clear, there was no point beyond the obvious - when you're an F1 superstar most of the time life's problems are minimised.

I say that without any sense of envy. I'm pretty happy with my life as it is and those guys deserve the incidental perks they get for being what they are and providing us with great pleasure and, usually, something more important to write about.
just saying his life is great in many other ways too. Iosing inconveniences would be the thing I would appreciate most.
Old 19 Dec 2007, 22:08 (Ref:2092293)   #25
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
Quote:
just saying his life is great in many other ways too. Iosing inconveniences would be the thing I would appreciate most.
On the flipside, his fame will cause a few inconveniences too. I think the loss of anonymity would be the thing I appreciated least!