Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 19 Apr 2014, 07:46 (Ref:3394799)   #626
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
Aston Martin are putting all the big egs in one basket for Le Mans to try to keep up with Porsche.
Old 20 Apr 2014, 21:14 (Ref:3395972)   #627
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'm not sure it will be SMP who withdraws. If DSC knows then it's because they have a source within or close to the team. I doubt they have anything like that for the Russian squad.
Old 20 Apr 2014, 22:28 (Ref:3395991)   #628
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Assuming that Audi don't have a multitude of spare chassis lying around , and thinking they possibily have 2 spares ..... is the race on to field 3 cars for June ?

Something tells me it wont be an issue .
Old 20 Apr 2014, 22:29 (Ref:3395992)   #629
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
I'm not sure it will be SMP who withdraws. If DSC knows then it's because they have a source within or close to the team. I doubt they have anything like that for the Russian squad.
The Russian squad is AF Corse .
Old 21 Apr 2014, 07:52 (Ref:3396082)   #630
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
Assuming that Audi don't have a multitude of spare chassis lying around , and thinking they possibily have 2 spares ..... is the race on to field 3 cars for June ?

Something tells me it wont be an issue .
Well i saw both the Audi chassis (or what was left of them) and they will need some serious work or will be written off completely, will be interesting to see what they do about Spa but fairly certain that they will have 3 cars for Le Mans
Old 21 Apr 2014, 09:48 (Ref:3396125)   #631
TheNo1F1Fan
Veteran

Denmark
TheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The mystical thing in my whole opinion is that foreign drivers will be in a Japanese team.
Old 21 Apr 2014, 10:17 (Ref:3396134)   #632
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Well i saw both the Audi chassis (or what was left of them) and they will need some serious work or will be written off completely, will be interesting to see what they do about Spa but fairly certain that they will have 3 cars for Le Mans
They'll have three cars for Le Mans. Racing certainty.
Old 21 Apr 2014, 10:58 (Ref:3396149)   #633
The Badger
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
Even if it does make it, I'm worried about the reliability of the car.
Not many of these late debutants do well...
The Le Mans race should be about quality and not some extended test . The car should be withdrawn in my opinion and not end up looking like Pescarolos last effort . I don't want to see a toodler who does 6 laps every 3 hours , do you ?

There should be a rule about this . One years racing under its bonnet before its allowed to enter the race unless of massive recent pedigree . Plus it should be racing the same year it gets an entry ,

Last edited by The Badger; 21 Apr 2014 at 11:04.
Old 21 Apr 2014, 11:07 (Ref:3396152)   #634
The Badger
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobster View Post
Charouz as some talent.... You mean little talent and lots of money...
Im under the impression that he is a quick driver ..... not accident prone . Have I got something wrong here ?
Old 21 Apr 2014, 11:40 (Ref:3396166)   #635
The Badger
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
They'll have three cars for Le Mans. Racing certainty.
3 for Spa ?

Id like to see 2 cars for Le Mans ..... 2 V's 2 V's 2 ..... nice and fair .
Old 21 Apr 2014, 11:46 (Ref:3396169)   #636
The Badger
Veteran

Quote:
I find it worrying how after 2 relatively small impacts there are 2 written off tubs . When did u ever hear that before ?

Is the Jota chassis damaged ..... it looked a far heavier impact to me .

Last edited by The Badger; 21 Apr 2014 at 11:52.
Old 21 Apr 2014, 12:44 (Ref:3396188)   #637
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:

There should be a rule about this . One years racing under its bonnet before its allowed to enter the race unless of massive recent pedigree . Plus it should be racing the same year it gets an entry ,
Well, there isn't.......
Old 21 Apr 2014, 13:18 (Ref:3396204)   #638
TheMightyM
Veteran

TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
I find it worrying how after 2 relatively small impacts there are 2 written off tubs . When did u ever hear that before ?

Is the Jota chassis damaged ..... it looked a far heavier impact to me .
I agree on your first point.

And on the Jota front, from Sportscar 365's pre-Silverstone WEC news summary:

Quote:
Jota Sport’s Sam Hignett told Sportscar365 the tub suffered damage in the accident, but the extent is not yet known. The plan is to be at Spa in two weeks, most likely with the team’s second tub.
Old 21 Apr 2014, 16:16 (Ref:3396263)   #639
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Could the Craft Asia Aston in GTE-Am be that rumoured likely withdrawal?- It still doesn't have a full driver lineup confirmed AFAIK, and according to E-I and Sportscar 365, Frank Yu 'has yet to confirm the status of the team’s No. 87 entry for GTE-Am'

"We don’t know yet what we will do for Le Mans,” said Yu, who is the nominated driver in the car. “A decision will be made in the coming days.”

http://sportscar365.com/lemans/asian...nsive-program/
Old 21 Apr 2014, 16:25 (Ref:3396268)   #640
Hawkwood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warrington
Hawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I know they joined with Bamboo and the AMR, but I do think it would be a shame it Craft pulled out their GTE-Am car.
They won that place on merit, it'd be nice to see them compete, Asian team with Asian drivers adds a little more diversity to the race (or at least, add diversity to the race magazine).
Old 21 Apr 2014, 16:59 (Ref:3396283)   #641
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
3 for Spa ?

Id like to see 2 cars for Le Mans ..... 2 V's 2 V's 2 ..... nice and fair .
A good way to win Le Mans is to enter lots of cars. As Audi have three entries they will surely take three cars.
Old 21 Apr 2014, 18:16 (Ref:3396313)   #642
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
Even if they have to work 24/7 the coming weeks, then that is what they will do.
Having seen how well organised they are during our garage visit a few years back, they can do it.
Old 21 Apr 2014, 18:23 (Ref:3396318)   #643
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Of course they will ; they can have all the budget and manning for it. And certainly enough monocoques if necessary.
Old 22 Apr 2014, 05:56 (Ref:3396506)   #644
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PascaLM View Post
Of course they will ; they can have all the budget and manning for it. And certainly enough monocoques if necessary.
Not sure they have an unlimited number of monocoques, these things are very costly and are not made in five minutes, the process of making them takes weeks not days i think and if they are a brittle as was shown at spa then they need to strengthen certain area's
Old 22 Apr 2014, 07:20 (Ref:3396532)   #645
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by KA View Post
Could the Craft Asia Aston in GTE-Am be that rumoured likely withdrawal?- It still doesn't have a full driver lineup confirmed AFAIK, and according to E-I and Sportscar 365, Frank Yu 'has yet to confirm the status of the team’s No. 87 entry for GTE-Am'

"We don’t know yet what we will do for Le Mans,” said Yu, who is the nominated driver in the car. “A decision will be made in the coming days.”

http://sportscar365.com/lemans/asian...nsive-program/
Have to agree with you KA - that was my first thought when I read this. I suppose it depends how much Frank Yu wants to drive? Given that they are still deciding at this late stage, I think I'd prefer it if the entry went to Narac and Imsa Matmut. At least they are desperate to be in the race.

Aston still have 5-6 seats that need filling. Four of those can go to Platinum pros. I just hope they don't end up selling seats like they did in the #99.
Old 22 Apr 2014, 09:16 (Ref:3396573)   #646
The Badger
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike E View Post
A good way to win Le Mans is to enter lots of cars. As Audi have three entries they will surely take three cars.
Why do they have 3 entries .

Won Le Mans last year ..... won the WEC ..... and ?
Old 22 Apr 2014, 09:20 (Ref:3396574)   #647
The Badger
Veteran

Quote:
Not sure they have an unlimited number of monocoques, these things are very costly and are not made in five minutes, the process of making them takes weeks not days i think and if they are a brittle as was shown at spa then they need to strengthen certain area's
Exactly my point ..... maybe Audi can deal with it but if there are few spare tubs it will take time .

I would imagine Audi have 2 available tubs now , possibily 3 ..... which would have been a production run of 5 . Cant imagine many more than that available .
Old 22 Apr 2014, 09:58 (Ref:3396588)   #648
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
So what do they do about Spa, rush to get cars ready and risk further damage or concentrate on Le mans
Old 22 Apr 2014, 10:57 (Ref:3396616)   #649
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
So what do they do about Spa, rush to get cars ready and risk further damage or concentrate on Le mans
There are lots of questions in my mind about Spa. Audi have always used it as a warm up for June, with three cars there (see this from Daily Sportscar).

Do Audi have a cat in hell's chance of having three cars ready for the Ardennes in less than two weeks, and if they max out their production capability for that are they confident they won't suffer additional attrition around Spa?

I can't see Audi lightly taking the decision to downscale their Spa presence, it would put them on the back foot even more than they are already and would mean they miss the chance to give their No 3 crew some seat time, but a real challenge for them if the weather at Spa throws a few surprises.

Interesting times indeed.
Old 22 Apr 2014, 11:03 (Ref:3396619)   #650
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Worth keeping an eye on this thread

Audi R18