Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 10 Apr 2005, 09:38 (Ref:1274473)   #1
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
FRenault, Donington

Entertaining race, that - a good battle for the lead.

Well done Paddy Hogan.
Old 10 Apr 2005, 09:56 (Ref:1274492)   #2
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good race indeed , although , he was very lucky to have kept then lead after nearly throwing it away at Goddards ( ?? )

nice to see some good wheel to wheel competition ,i enjoyed the race , but felt desperatly sorry for Morrow though , luck like that just isnt needed so early in the season .
Old 10 Apr 2005, 09:58 (Ref:1274496)   #3
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Ian Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
What happened to Jamie?
Old 10 Apr 2005, 09:59 (Ref:1274498)   #4
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
looked like he lost his engine , flames and smoke heavily out the back .
Old 10 Apr 2005, 10:31 (Ref:1274532)   #5
Dr Venom
Racer

Dr Venom should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
what was the result guys.....?
Old 10 Apr 2005, 10:47 (Ref:1274543)   #6
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
1. P Hogan
2. O Jarvis
3. S Hothenthal
Old 10 Apr 2005, 12:45 (Ref:1274693)   #7
Russfeld
Veteran

Russfeld should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Who was the Fortec car that was getting swamped in the early laps? I thought it was Hothenthal at first
Old 10 Apr 2005, 16:27 (Ref:1274794)   #8
No 4
Veteran

No 4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ian, Sato San,

Jamie's problems started before the warm-up lap, in that his display was showing he was in 2nd, so he dropped to 1st for the off, only to find he was actually in neutral!!! All of which meant he lost places on the grid and he started sometnhing like 23rd instead of 18th.

The engine blew around lap 6, 3 con rods through the casing on the off-side and one through on the other side. Couldn't get it changed for race 2, so all in all a very disapointing day for him. However, I guess that's motorsport, cliche, but true, so it's onward and upward to Thruxton.
Old 10 Apr 2005, 16:46 (Ref:1274800)   #9
Speedfreak
Rookie

Speedfreak should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Does anyone know what this mean (and if it has any consequences)?

Race 2:
Car 4 - Faulty transponder wiring
Old 10 Apr 2005, 18:58 (Ref:1274915)   #10
Dr Venom
Racer

Dr Venom should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No4,

Sorry to hear that, lets look forward to the next round and hope that jamie has a bit better luck.
Old 10 Apr 2005, 19:01 (Ref:1274920)   #11
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
The transponder is the electronic gizmo that identifies the car to the MST timing system. They do fail to work from time, although it's not always due to faulty wiring. The system has a back-up built into it, although MST don't like having to use it because they can't then go fully automatic!

Apart from that there wouldn't have been any consequences - it wouldn't make the car any faster or slower, nor affect the times.
Old 10 Apr 2005, 21:31 (Ref:1275053)   #12
Mike.ca
Racer

Mike.ca should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Does anyone have, or know where I might find, the full results?
Old 10 Apr 2005, 21:37 (Ref:1275059)   #13
manicmarshal
Racer

manicmarshal should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mike,

msttiming.com has the results of all the races. assuming the transponders are working!
Old 11 Apr 2005, 07:40 (Ref:1275254)   #14
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I enjoy both FRenault races yesterday, it looks like we are going to be in for a close years racing.
Old 11 Apr 2005, 08:04 (Ref:1275261)   #15
No 4
Veteran

Agreed, and what's more, contrary to waht people normally say about Formula Renault, we may even get some overtaking along the way!!!
Old 11 Apr 2005, 08:05 (Ref:1275262)   #16
No 4
Veteran

'what' even!!!!!
Old 11 Apr 2005, 09:06 (Ref:1275294)   #17
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Venom
No4,

Sorry to hear that, lets look forward to the next round and hope that jamie has a bit better luck.

yes , i'll second that . Roll on Thruxton .
Old 11 Apr 2005, 09:55 (Ref:1275338)   #18
Gaz
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northwich, UK
Gaz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Awesome racing all the way down the field yesterday, especially that first race which is probably the best Renault race I've seen in a long time.

There really are so many potential winners of both races and titles this season! I'm cheering for Sean McIntosh and Alex Storckenfeldt but whoever wins it is going to have to work damn hard for it, and will thoroughly deserve the title come October!

Roll on Thruxton, and more of the same please!
Old 11 Apr 2005, 10:42 (Ref:1275369)   #19
No 4
Veteran

Gaz - I'd agree with that. Even Jamie contributed to the spectacle - lots of smoke and gushing flame, made for good live TV. However, I'm sure he would have preferred to finish, rather than provide the track-side entertainment!!!
Old 11 Apr 2005, 13:45 (Ref:1275497)   #20
Gaz
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northwich, UK
I just hope its bad luck and not the engineering of the cars No4. I did warn you that i had sources who indicated to me the weaknesses of Hillspeed and their preparations pre-season. I've noticed and read from yourself that many of Jamie's problems have been mechanical related...just hope for your sakes it is just bad luck!

Josh Weber should surely be running higher as well considering his experience in the formulae?
Old 11 Apr 2005, 14:08 (Ref:1275522)   #21
No 4
Veteran

Gaz - lets be absolutely clear, I'm not blaming Hillspeed in any way for what happened last yesterday. The engine that went had been back to Renault's new engine supplier and, like all the others in the series, checked over, etc. As of yesterday it had only done some 1,500 kms since.

As for testing problems, a good many of these, have been down to newly fitted, straight out of the pack parts, malfunctioning. For example, at Thruxton there was an electrical problem, which even the Renault guys (for a long time) couldn't sort out. In the end, it turned out to be a relay in a box that had only been fitted the previous week.

I'm sure Josh can speak for himself. However, as far as Hillspeed are concerned Jamie and I have been impressed with their professionalism, so with repect to your 'sources', I think they've got it wrong.
Old 11 Apr 2005, 14:41 (Ref:1275550)   #22
Gaz
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northwich, UK
Well, we'll see but not many other cars have been blowing engines and have had so many teething problems.

My sources are two drivers, one of whom has driven for one of the top teams in Renault. He tested the Hillspeed car and deemed it undriveable in comparison.

I hope Hillspeed are doing you a cracking job and I hope Jamie gets some good results in this year just feel you should be aware and not be completely blinkered to experiences from drivers who have driven with them in the very near past. The lack of pace from Weber suggests theres issues.

By no way do I see him as a title contender but in his second season of Renault after running with Manor last season and 1-2 good results I'd have expected him to be running much higher than he is....

Last edited by Gaz; 11 Apr 2005 at 14:43.
Old 11 Apr 2005, 15:02 (Ref:1275570)   #23
No 4
Veteran

Gaz - I was talking to the owner of one of the leading teams and he told me he had 3 engines blow in the same way last season, so the problem is not limited to Hillspeed.

Jamie has also tested with 2 of the top teams and says there is little difference between their cars and Hillspeed's.

With regard to Josh, as I said, not for me to comment on his performances - except to say, he comes accross as a likable, focussed guy.
Old 11 Apr 2005, 15:04 (Ref:1275571)   #24
Right Of Way
Rookie

Right Of Way should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think the stars of the show were Stuart Hall and Oliver Jarvis. Firstly for the massive improvement in form, I’ve watched both drivers in Fords and last years Renault and I have to admit never being that impressed with either drivers performance, both occasionally showed signs of talent but often let themselves down my making silly mistakes. However on their performances at the weekend it seems that both have come along way as they showed great maturity and talent! Secondly, for proving that overtaking is possible in Formula Renault, and that the races can be entertaining. I really hope that Hall and Jarvis can keep this form going throughout the season and challenge for the title, Good work lads!!
Old 11 Apr 2005, 17:03 (Ref:1275682)   #25
Jerry76
Rookie

England
North England
Jerry76 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
ive just been looking over the results from the Thursday test and the qualifying for the first race and was mega impressed, and some what suprised at Jody Firth's pace. Does anyone have a insight as to why he was so fast?

Although his inexperience showed in the two races, by first getting a nudge into the Old Hairpin in race one, and then spinning at McCleans all by himself, he really showed that the pre-season test at Oulton Park is maybe the start of something. We may have to watch that space....