Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > 10 Tenths Motorsport > Announcements and Feedback

View Poll Results: Should this forum be split ?
Yes - we need a V8 and a BTCC forum 38 74.51%
No - it's fine as it is 8 15.69%
Don't care! 5 9.80%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Old 5 Apr 2001, 00:23 (Ref:83501)   #51
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Here is my well constructed and thought out argument :

V8's suck
Super Touring Rule(d)

PS no offence was meant by this post.
Old 5 Apr 2001, 02:31 (Ref:83469)   #52
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
we would appreciate constructive comments only Sodemo

anyway i was reading through all the opinions and the last couple by Invader and Ray Bell make some very valid points..and now it seems I am perched back up on the fence.

thanks guys
Old 5 Apr 2001, 02:35 (Ref:83470)   #53
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
but then again after reading Sodemo's last (well thought out and mature post) people who are not interested in learning anything about the series would not have to filter through the V8 stuff therefore leaving the poeple who are interested in it to get on and enjoy their own little forum.
Old 5 Apr 2001, 06:42 (Ref:83477)   #54
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
But it isn't as if we are going to rebuild the Berlin wall between the two sub/forums- they will be seperated by a grand total of one click on the mouse button... If folks want to read posts from both sides of the world, there is going to be nothing at all to stop them.
Old 6 Apr 2001, 09:17 (Ref:83491)   #55
Alan Jones
Veteran

Alan Jones should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
V8 Forum

Yes Please Craig.It would be a great idea. As for AMoffatt, are you ****ed off cause they haven't offered you a commentating job?
Old 6 Apr 2001, 11:14 (Ref:83489)   #56
Airhead
Veteran

Airhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAirhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Speaking of commentating Allan,

I laughed to keep myself awake during the Brazilian GP last Monday morning. The sound went from Brazil so the studio in Sydney went straight to Allan Jones and Big Darrel. AJ was saying off camera:

"bloody typical, the good races are always on at 3 in the morning"

to which, Allan my friend I can only agree. But then with two young kiddies, you would be used to being awake at that time of the morning wouldn't you!
Old 7 Apr 2001, 04:39 (Ref:83519)   #57
Ray Bell
Veteran

Ray Bell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I heard that too, though maybe missed the first word... they had a lot of trouble with the sound, it was on and off a few times during the race (the sound from Brazil, that is).

Jonesy can usually be relied on to speak his mind.

Here for a good time not a long time, don't forget!
Old 8 Apr 2001, 08:32 (Ref:83497)   #58
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
I cannot believe I only just found this thread!!!!

Not suprising though, as stated earlier I too can't be bothered sifting through all the non-V8 stuff. Whilst I'm sure its fantastic to British fans, it holds no interest to me (as I'm sure V8's to them)

Split it & Split it NOW - What a fantastic idea.

Only one question : when will it be done so I can return a spend the time in here I would love?
Old 9 Apr 2001, 13:32 (Ref:83510)   #59
tickfordchick
Racer

tickfordchick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
is this going to go ahead then?
Old 11 Apr 2001, 17:02 (Ref:83460)   #60
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
To be honest, I think we're simply keeping our eye on the situation for the time being. Things have calmed down to a manageable level here now, so a split might not be beneficial seeing as the number of topics has reduced... watch this space.
Old 14 Apr 2001, 03:59 (Ref:83486)   #61
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Home :)
Valve Bounce has been held in scrutiny for further testing
I have to admit that the two branches of motor sport are more disparate than F1 from CART. There are only two makes of cars in the Super V8's, and, as the name implies, only involve V8's. I just wonder how many V8's there are in BTCC. I suppose, before we can talk about a separate forum, we would have to consider the number of threads that would be posted in a Supr V8 forum and whether the threads will continue to be different and interesting. You don't want a forum that would end up being barren of new ideas. On the other side of the argument, it is probably true that any subject pertaining to BTCC would have no bearing to Super V8's and vice versa except for safety issues. In fact, it would probably be more appropriate to lump Super V8's with NASCAR than with BTCC.
Old 14 Apr 2001, 04:37 (Ref:83490)   #62
Airhead
Veteran

Airhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAirhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think the difficulty of finding the V8 threads leads to people going to other BB's to talk about V8's. Like it or not, they are the premier form of motorsport in Australia. I can think of members who were here last year and only posted in the TC forum on the V8 threads. They have not surfaced this year after what was one of the more memorable race weekends for the series in Adelaide. In fact I was supprised by the lack of response that weekend caused in the forum.

I realise that Touring Cars are Touring Cars regardless of the capacity or number of cylinders the engine has, but my point is at a time when we should see more people involved in discussing V8's with the affiliate scheme going strong, the number of people discussing V8's seems to be dropping off. I believe it is because the appropriate thread is too difficult to find with the current set up.
Old 14 Apr 2001, 04:51 (Ref:83485)   #63
Buckshot
Veteran

Australia
Cambridge Gardens, NSW, Australia
Buckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBuckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There's more chat here going on about V8s than Indy Cars and they have their whole own forum...all we are asking for is a subforum as suggested on a previous post to this thread.
Old 16 Apr 2001, 11:05 (Ref:83493)   #64
mtpanorama
Veteran

Australia
Bathurst (best racetrack in the world)
mtpanorama should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
After the dismal effort of the BTC could we please have our own Aussie forum.
Thank you
mtpanorama
Old 16 Apr 2001, 14:23 (Ref:83498)   #65
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
Craig - please please please please please please please
Old 16 Apr 2001, 14:48 (Ref:83499)   #66
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
I was just reading that BTCC has 7 entries this year.

Based on this - On behalf of the 10 drivers in the Amature Bendigo (small town in Victoria) Formula V championship (over 70's division), request a forum to discuss the nature & turbulance of this enthralling championship.

Sorry for the sarcasim, but Moff just reached his 1000 posts and the joy is overwelming me.

Once again - please please please
Old 17 Apr 2001, 04:12 (Ref:83495)   #67
PBrock
Rookie

PBrock should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
pretty pretty please with cherry on top!

Hey im from bendigo
Old 21 Apr 2001, 02:11 (Ref:83520)   #68
Ray Bell
Veteran

Ray Bell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There was a time, of course, when Aussies ruled the roost in their V8s in the BTCC... lovely time, long ago...

Who else misses Muiro?
Old 22 Apr 2001, 11:15 (Ref:83461)   #69
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
New Forum

I was reconsidering the idea recently as the number of posts had dropped off in the combined forum a little and I wondered whether or not there would be sufficient traffic for each forum if we split them. Then I remembered the success of the National and Club Racing, Rallying and Junior Formulae forums when they were split out of the old All Other Classes forum and decided it was worth a shot. To this end i'm gonna give it a 3 month trial and see how it works out. What we need all our members to do though is to continue supporting us by a) posting as often as possible (without resorting to discussing your favourite drivers choice of breakfast cereal) and b) spreading the word and encouraging new members to come by and sign up.

Due the nature of the 10 Tenths Motorsport community - ie it's traditionally been mainly European based - most of the topics in the Touring Cars forum have been on the subject of the BTCC. Therefore, when I split the forum, I moved all existing topics into the new Touring Cars/BTCC forum.

Crash Test has kindly volunteered to move as many Aussie V8 topics from the BTCC forum into the new Aussie forum. He will begin as soon as he possibly can. In the meantime, enjoy!